Return to Website

The Ivy Division Forum

WELCOME to THE IVY DIVISION Message Forum 
THIS website is a private SUPPORT SITE for 4th ID veterans, active duty soldiers, family members, friends and everyone who supports our troops no matter how you feel about our leaders. Troublemakers, gossips. trolls, liars, etc are NOT welcome here. Posts that defame,, humiliate and/or intimidate other posters or the webmaster will be deleted without notice or comment. Please read the rules on the Main Page, thank you!
This forum has a long history, by interent standards anyway-unfortunately it has been abandoned for far too long due to real life circumstances knocking the heck out of what had been my very real desire to keep this board alive and well forever so that all of us could meet here and communicate with each other everyday.

I'm not sure that a forum like this is even needed nowadays since the advent of facebook, etc...but I hope that this once thriving BB does bring some of us back together again and that maybe some new folks will join us as well!   
Webmaster: Bob Poff, C-1-8, 1968-1969 robert8h@yahoo.com
Thank You for Visiting The Ivy Division.com!
Open 24 Hours a Day, 365 Days a Year
Friends of The Ivy Division
A.B.,HONORARY GRUNT!
jinks' www.vietnamvets.com messageboard
Jim Bury's Ivy Dragoons website
Redleg's 4ID Forum

The IVY Division is back, the love of my life
Julie and I are married and we welcome
you Back to the IVY Division Forum!!!

The Ivy Division Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Support your troops

Hey I will lead the parade to the airport for her.

>
> I Love This Comeback
> One of my sons serves in the military. He is
> stationed stateside, here in California He called me
> yesterday to let me know how warm and welcoming people were
> to him and his troops everywhere they go.
> Then he told me about an incident in the grocery store he
> stopped at yesterday on his way home from the base. He
said
> that several people were in the line ahead of him,
including
> a woman dressed in a burkha.
> He said when she got to the cashier, she made a loud remark
> about the U.S. Flag lapel pin the cashier wore on her
smock.
> The cashier reached up and touched the pin and said, 'Yes,
I
> always wear it proudly, because I am an American.'
> The woman in the burkha then asked the cashier when she was
> going to stop bombing her countrymen, explaining that she
> was Iraqi.
> Then, a Gentleman standing behind my son stepped forward,
> putting his arm around my son's shoulders and nodding
> towards my son, said in a calm and gentle voice to the
Iraqi
> woman: Lady, hundreds of thousands of men and women like
> this young man have fought and died so that YOU could stand
> here, in MY country and accuse a check-out cashier of
> bombing YOUR countrymen.
> It is my belief that had you been this outspoken in YOUR
own
> country, we wouldn't need to be there today.
> But, hey, if you have now learned how to speak out so
loudly
> and clearly, I'll gladly buy you a ticket and pay your way
> back to Iraq, so you can
> straighten out the Mess in YOUR country, that you are
> obviously here in MY country to avoid.'
> Everyone within hearing distance cheered!
> IF YOU AGREE... Pass this on to all of your proud American
> friends.
> I just did.
>
>jeffro

Re: Support your troops

I don't believe this incident ever happened.

Did you know that very few Iraqi women wear burkhas, even in Iraq? Do you think Iraqi women are stupid? She would be a fool to express such an unpopular opinion in a group of Americans. This story has been circulating since 2003, and know one has come forward to claim "Yes, I was the soldier."
Since it doesn't identify the base, the store chain, or even the town, it is impossible to verify. Remember the similar story about a Coke (or was it Pepsi?) salesman confronting "cheering moslems" in a convienience store after 9/11? The Cola company denied it ever happened with one of their salesmen. When a story lacks verifiable facts - it is likely untrue.

Well i personally know of an incident that occured here in the town i live in Shelby Mont. shortlu after the reataliation against al queda in afghanistan, There was a canadian couple shopping in the local albertson's and they made remarks about how horrible the United states was bombing al queda and the taliban. They said those remarks rather loudly and they were informed they could leave this country anytime they chose and no one would miss them at all.
Montana borders on Alberta and the people of Alberta are very much like Montanans so they do for the most part support the United states.

Kinda in the same line I had a run in with a woman at Starbucks about 7 months ago. I was wearing my 4th ID hat and my 22nd Inf Shirt. She was sitting at a table close to wear I was standing in line. She looked at me and said "Well it is easy to see you are pro war and support this war with that hat and shirt you are wearing". I looked her and said "you don't know a **** thing about me lady, where I stand on peace, or war, if you took the time to talk to me you would find out I am very anti war but my reasons are not political or because I am a liberal. I am against war because of what it does. Right now there is some kikd in Iraq spilling his blood on the ground so you have the rigt to say what you did to me. I then added "ya know I'm glad you said this to me, it means the 22 years I spent in the service weren't wasted and the constitution is still in tact and you still have the right to free speech. The woman got up quickly walked past me and went out the door. A couple of the people in Starbuck's said thank you for your service to me. The young lady who mixed my iced coffee said I couldn't saying to the customer, but my cousin is in Iraq right now. When I went to pay for iced coffee one of the other patrons insisted he pay for it. I sure felt good that I didn't react like I would have some 20 odd years ago to that woman.

Duane & Robert: I don't doubt the incidents you have PERSONALLY SEEN. There are some very crass people in this country, on both sides of the issue. Some of them don't even need an issue. Since you didn't mention race, I assume both of these women were Anglo/Saxon.
What makes me doubt the typical internet story is the rude or crude people are always, convieniently, Moslems. Do you think a true Al-Queda supporter would run around the United States proclaiming it to strangers?
As you may know, I go to regimental reunions every 18 months. There are always active duty troops there, and I get along with them very well because I don't preach politics. These men have a hard job, and I will not make it any harder by critisizing the war.
The war sucks - The troops are great.

Please excuse me but the last of the sentance was to pass this on to your friends as i thought i did.

What i thought the responce would be.

this was sent to me by a nam bud who buy the way has the same views as i and you (Doc)your last statement Doc.

I hate War for personal reasons but i do and Will support our troops and disrespect any Human being who disrespect our troops.

Well Doc they might not wear them in Tenn because there are allot of good old down home country people who want put up with there *hit.

i can take you 10 miles from my house had you can see it for your self. they have there own community.
Yes at Wall-mart and other stores you can see FOR YOUR SELF.

But then again Florida is another country.

Nashville is not Poddunk. It has a fairly large Iraqi population, considering its' size. Some of them do wear traditional dress. My statement referred to the likelihood of someone wearing traditional moslem dress, speaking in public, among Anglo-saxons, in favor of El Queda. It is not likely here, or in L.A., or in NY. What may be said among people of the same ethnic group is a different story; but they would probably take care even among fellow Moslems. Don't forget many of these people came here to escape repression. They would be more than happy to report a potential El Queda terrorist to the authorities.