Return to Website

The Ivy Division Forum

WELCOME to THE IVY DIVISION Message Forum 
THIS website is a private SUPPORT SITE for 4th ID veterans, active duty soldiers, family members, friends and everyone who supports our troops no matter how you feel about our leaders. Troublemakers, gossips. trolls, liars, etc are NOT welcome here. Posts that defame,, humiliate and/or intimidate other posters or the webmaster will be deleted without notice or comment. Please read the rules on the Main Page, thank you!
This forum has a long history, by interent standards anyway-unfortunately it has been abandoned for far too long due to real life circumstances knocking the heck out of what had been my very real desire to keep this board alive and well forever so that all of us could meet here and communicate with each other everyday.

I'm not sure that a forum like this is even needed nowadays since the advent of facebook, etc...but I hope that this once thriving BB does bring some of us back together again and that maybe some new folks will join us as well!   
Webmaster: Bob Poff, C-1-8, 1968-1969 robert8h@yahoo.com
Thank You for Visiting The Ivy Division.com!
Open 24 Hours a Day, 365 Days a Year
Friends of The Ivy Division
A.B.,HONORARY GRUNT!
jinks' www.vietnamvets.com messageboard
Jim Bury's Ivy Dragoons website
Redleg's 4ID Forum

The IVY Division is back, the love of my life
Julie and I are married and we welcome
you Back to the IVY Division Forum!!!

The Ivy Division Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
obama leaves his church!!!

tday Barack Hussien Obama announced that he is leaving his Church ( United trinity Church) in chicago. The organization the gave him the base to start his political career along with william ayers and bernadette dorn. Famous for being terrorists. They placed bombs in the Pentagon New York city police headquarters trying to kill people and had not one bit of regret.
Obama didnt even wait to announce he was leaving his fellow church goers behind because after all their years of supporting him they were getting in his way, til he got to chicago. He did it in the safety of aberdeen S D. No doubt so the brothers couldnt get at him.

Re: obama leaves his church!!!

Duane,

Unlike most revolutionaries, the Weathermen never advocated harm against people. Their targets were the institutions that they felt, rightly or wrongly, that supported genocide and repression. Your statement, "trying to kill people", is another incident of misinformation that hate mongers like yourself like to spread.

I doubt that you even impress imbeciles.

John R...

John R do you still have your membership in the weathermen? The institutions you speak of is the United States itself . The Nation that has given you the right to freely express yourself. None of the nations or organizations you support Communist china, alqueda etc would grant you any rights at all.
When Wiliam ayers and This ***** coorne planted those bombs they werent after lifeless piles of bricks they wanted to kil AMERICANS. You know it and they knew it and Hussien Obama knows it. You are a willing dupe of all the enemies of the United States and the enemies of the american people.

No nation gives you any right at all - the PEOPLE own the rights and never the government.

You right wingers forget that way too often - or more likely, you never believed it at all. The way that you syncophants bow down to the State is amazing and a little saddening.

"...That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government... ...when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."

Yes the people own the rights i have always believed that as do all loyal americans. And the way to change the govt of the United states is not with Bombs and murder as Hussien obama's good friends wiliam Ayers and Bernadette Dorn did. It is through the ballot box and everyone getting their say. This is what is happening now. Every democrat has his or her say. But when and if the democrats win next nov. That will not be the case Hussien obama will not let the U S armed forces exist to protect the american people from islamic terrorists who have names like his.

Did you miss the point of the Declaration of Independence? Did it really say change should never be achieved through violence? If so, how do you explain eight years of war BEFORE we were granted independence?
You should pay better attention. It says that if Obama really did establish the dictatorship you claim to fear, you would be justified in doing everything in your power to overthrow him. Hell, if it happened, I'd probably join you - but I think the despotism is more likely to come from your pals.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing Government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it. I cannot be ignorant of the fact that many worthy and patriotic citizens are desirous of having the national Constitution amended. While I make no recommendation of amendments, I fully recognize the rightful authority of the people over the whole subject to be exercised in either of the modes prescribed in the instrument itself; and I should, under existing circumstances, favor rather than oppose a fair opportunity being afforded the people to act upon it."

Perhaps the Weathermen took Lincoln to heart?

John R...

John R if Lincoln believed in what he may have said (that you just quoted). Why did he raise armies and fought a war that cost the lives of 600, 000 americans. That war was to preserve the union and it did. Minus the isntitution of slavery . Answer that question . I doubt that you will or can for you live in a little bubble of anti- americanism.

Don't know about anyone else, but im a gamblin' man and my money is on John R, sayin' he can answer that question!

I'm curious to hear John's answer myself - also when Lincoln made the statement. His views did change over the years. He was a lot less "States Rights" in 1860, then when he served in Congress.
HEY! Where are the smilies?
Doc

Duane,

Most of the time you ask a question, it's rhetorical one so I don't give it 2 seconds of attention. However, since others seem interested in an answer I will post one.

First, how I am suppose to know what Lincoln thought personally as opposed to what he did publicly. Maybe if you read some books on his life they may answer your question.

The quote came from his 1861 inaugral address. It was relatively long but had some poignant points made in it.

He opened with this statement which I find curious in view of Duane's attitude about what will happen in this country today if someone other than a Republican is elected:

"Apprehension seems to exist among the people of the Southern States, that by the accession of a Republican Administration, their property, and their peace, and personal security, are to be endangered. There has never been any reasonable cause for such apprehension. Indeed, the most ample evidence to the contrary has all the while existed, and been open to their inspection. It is found in nearly all the published speeches of him who now addresses you. I do but quote from one of those speeches when I declare that "I have no purpose, directly or indirectly, to interfere with the institution of slavery in the States where it exists. I believe I have no lawful right to do so, and I have no inclination to do so." Those who nominated and elected me did so with full knowledge that I had made this, and many similar declarations, and had never recanted them...."

Now, why would he defend the union with the resolve that he did. Perhaps he explains it later in his address when he proclaimed:

"I therefore consider that in view of the Constitution and the laws, the Union is unbroken; and to the extent of my ability I shall take care, as the Constitution itself expressly enjoins upon me, that the laws of the Union be faithfully executed in all the States. Doing this I deem to be only a simple duty on my part; and I shall perform it, so far as practicable, unless my rightful masters, the American people, shall withhold the requisite means, or in some authoritative manner, direct the contrary. I trust this will not be regarded as a menace, but only as the declared purpose of the Union that will constitutionally defend and maintain itself."

The issues confronting Lincoln were not about slavery but about secession. And remember the South was not trying to overthrow the government. They wanted to seceed from the Union. Lincoln's position was that essentially the Constitution did not provide for a unilateral withdrawal from these United States.

I thought it interesting that in a left handed way he suggested to the South that if they could leave the Union then that opend the door for Confederate States to also leave the Confedercy which of course would weaken their sovereignty.

John R...