Return to Website

The Ivy Division Forum

WELCOME to THE IVY DIVISION Message Forum 
THIS website is a private SUPPORT SITE for 4th ID veterans, active duty soldiers, family members, friends and everyone who supports our troops no matter how you feel about our leaders. Troublemakers, gossips. trolls, liars, etc are NOT welcome here. Posts that defame,, humiliate and/or intimidate other posters or the webmaster will be deleted without notice or comment. Please read the rules on the Main Page, thank you!
This forum has a long history, by interent standards anyway-unfortunately it has been abandoned for far too long due to real life circumstances knocking the heck out of what had been my very real desire to keep this board alive and well forever so that all of us could meet here and communicate with each other everyday.

I'm not sure that a forum like this is even needed nowadays since the advent of facebook, etc...but I hope that this once thriving BB does bring some of us back together again and that maybe some new folks will join us as well!   
Webmaster: Bob Poff, C-1-8, 1968-1969 robert8h@yahoo.com
Thank You for Visiting The Ivy Division.com!
Open 24 Hours a Day, 365 Days a Year
Friends of The Ivy Division
A.B.,HONORARY GRUNT!
jinks' www.vietnamvets.com messageboard
Jim Bury's Ivy Dragoons website
Redleg's 4ID Forum

The IVY Division is back, the love of my life
Julie and I are married and we welcome
you Back to the IVY Division Forum!!!

The Ivy Division Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Teri 's truck was stolen

Just got an e- mail from Teri Cannavo. HJer truck was stolen this morning. It was equipped with lojak and so as soon as they reported it stolen the police had it. The perpetrators (apparently hard working undocumented citizens of the world who speak spanish were caught red handed. They destroyed the steering column to hot wire it, threw her grandsons car seat away . Cant look cool cruising with a baby seat in the pickup. Now im sure John R will say she is a racist for reporting that crime. Wouldnt you John R.
Now unless Harry reed can get them out before nov, There are two Votes Hussien Obama wont get.

Re: Teri 's truck was stolen

Duane what the heck does Terri's stolen truck have to do with Obama? Seriously man you really are off base. Maybe these 2 were mcCain supporters, and now he won't have then voting for him. Your posts are getting more ignorant as the days go by.

Glad terri's truck was located

mike Ivy ilegal mexicans voting for a republican. Now thats rich . You know all criminals are voting for democrats always have always will. There is a brother hood a bond betweeen them.

Hmmm...that is an interesting thought. Criminals vote for Democrats and Republicans vote for criminals. There is some interesting psychology in that mix.

I am glad that her truck was recovered. But Duane really is an ass. Would it have been better if the thieves had been white teenagers and meth heads?

People convicted of felonies can not vote here. But criminals like Scooter Libby and Rush Limbaugh can vote. Oh wait, they aren't Democrats. Gosh that must mean anyone from any political party can make mistakes! Well, it makes sense to anyone who has some sense. Not everyone here has some sense. Common or otherwise.

Great line Jack.
Sorry about the truck Teri.

The only crime Rush Limbaugh may have committed would have been to disagree with Hairy reed and San Fran Nan and the rest of you dumbocrats. Very likely when Hussien Obama takes over The United states he will punish Limbaugh and probably 150-200 million Americans by having their heads sliced off by his Islamic terrorist masters. And all you democrats will
Point the loyal americans out to them.

Duane is the only person on this planet that interprets a U.S. election as a form of taking over a government.

Does that mean Bush tookover our government when he was elected?

Duane, let me make this easy for you. Politicians govern, revolutionaries lead.

John R...

John R Revoloutionaries like you and che quevera Fidel castro mao tse tung Ho chi Min Josef stalin?

A criminal is a criminal.

I know the feeling of having a vehicle stolen I lost two of my construction trucks in a month in Los Angeles. One was recovered before they could strip it and the other ended up in a chop shop as a lost cause. LAPD did catch the criminal that took the recovered truck and he is still in Chino Prison serving a Multiple GTA sentence.

Like I said a Criminal is a Criminal weather it be a Auto thief like the guy that took Terri's truck or a prescription shopping Drug Addict like Limbaugh, the only difference is guys like Limbaugh get preferential treatment.

Duane,

You forgot to add to that list Thomas Paine, Thomas Jefferson, George Washington, Sam Adams, Benjamin Franklin and all of the Minutemen.

John R...

You have to recognize, John, that Duane with his tiny, Tory, king-loving soul is very, very, unlikely to remember those good men - or any others who spoke out for individual liberty.

If Duane had lived in those days he most certainly would have been one of those who cried out against challenging the king.

I realize that no matter what get's posted it goes political, but here in Vegas we have the highest auto insurance in the country and this is why.
The kids who stole the truck are 17.
So, first of all where in the hell are the parents? And why in the hell do you not know where your 17 year gang banger is? I see all these teenage mexican girls pregnant with 2 or 3 kids already, shopping in the grocery store I work in on WIC and Food Stamps (our tax $ hard at work) They don't get married because then they don't get the financial help from the state, so they have our system figured out better than I do, because I am the ******* working to put food on thier table while trying to keep my head above water putting gas in my truck @ $4.02 a gallon. Groceries are going sky high, I do the price changes and the only lower prices I have done lately are ad itmes everything else is going up a dollar or more. It's crazy.
Second, these two where arrested and released 3 weeks ago for Grand Theft Auto. They were released to the custody of thier parent's. So here they are again to damage the hell out of my vehicle that I have worked hard to pay for and keep gas in to go to work everyday. When I got out of my husbands truck at the scene, I walked up to them and screamed "That truck is not yours". They threw all my stuff out (CD's, Sirius Radio and antenna, grandson's carseat, registration and ins info etc.everything that I had in there was gone) They had already put thier guns, drugs, pagers, cell phones and a crapload of stolen credit cards in my center console and underneath the seats. My garage door opener is gone so we have to replace that and change the code. CSI linked them to two home invasion's around the corner and trying to steal a Cadilac Escalde around the corner.
Neither of them are in school and obviously the parents don't have a clue where they are. So I think that all these people should keep breeding and not raising thier kids, just let the justice system take care of them when they are old enough to do time. Then we can continue to pay for them. In jail you get all the things we pay for on the outside.
And for those of you who want to take offense to this go ahead. I know there are plenty of white people and plenty of black people that commit crimes, there are also a ton of mexican, white and black people who do not gang bang and steal cars and have jobs. I work with some great people, but our problem here in Vegas is with the illegals. And they are from all over, South America, Chili, El Salvador and Cuba. We just hired 12 Cuban's and they want to work and they work hard. So call me whatever you want, but here the biggest problem is with the illegals.

Duane made it political, and he made it racial. There is an epidemic of white girls who have babies and leave them to the grandparents to raise cuz they want to run off and have more babies and fun without paying for their actions here. And heroin has become chic somehow again. Meth is done by doctors and house moms alike. Really our whole country has gone to **** in many ways. But we can hardly blame Mexicans for that. We do far more damage to each other than they ever do.

Hey Teri, I agree and have always said, parents as per the law of our land are responsible for their children until the ripe old age of 18.

So any child who commits a crime, no matter what it is the parents should be brought in and charged.

So any child who commits a crime no matter how old they are their name should be posted in the local papers, which in turn should embarrass the parents and maybe no matter how slight may wake them up.

Teri, I am sorry that you had this trouble. But you talk about working for stuff - could either of these guys have legally gone to work?

I am not making excuses for their crime - they broke the law, try them and send them up. But here is something that seems never to be considered.

But many, many kids come into America with their illegal immigrant parents - they have no say or choice in that. They don't have to commit the kinds of crimes that you suffered to become criminals - they are criminals for nothing more than being their parent's children.

They grow up here, but they are never allowed to be part of your 'work and earn it' society legally because they themselves are forever illegal - it doesn't matter a ****ed bit that they were two years old when they illegally entered the country.

And to make it worse, they often have younger siblings who are born in this country and who DO get to participate in what the U.S. has to offer.

Can you imagine living in that kind of mix? Imagine dreaming of being a doctor or an archtect or even a soldier or Marine and not being able to do any of it because you are illegal.

I know that Duane, and probably you, too, would say that it is just too bad, that they should go back. Back to what? Many of them have no memory of Mexico. No home there, no home here. It has to suck big time.

Jack and Mike, I totally agree with you guys on all points. I'll tell you what, I knew where my 17 year old was and I remember the night we didn't my husband and I where burning up the pavement looking for him. He finally called us from home at midnight and told us he knew he was in trouble and he'd be waiting in the family room when we got home. (after looking for him)
I don't know if the kids are legal, I do know that even if you are not legal, you can mow lawns and wash cars and do all sorts of stuff. My son did that before he was old enough to get a work card to do it legally.
I do know they had guns and drugs in my truck and told the officers that it must be mine.
I guess the total responsibilty lies with the parent. If they could see the big picture of the future for thier children maybe they would re-think things. There is absolutely no easy answer or solution at this point, allI know is that hard working people of all pay scales and races are paying the high price of crime that comes with parents not giving a crap about thier kids.

And PS Bobbi. Don't throw crap around about white methhead mothers. I see hundred's of grandparents everyday in my grocery store of all colors raising thier grandchildren and it is the saddest thing. These people should be enjoying thier grandchildren on weekends and once in awhile, instead they are struggling to make ends meet and trying to do what is right by thier standards. I see it as a generational problem, not a race problem. Drugs effect every race creed and color nowadays.
You have people in their 70's that are aching and living on a fixed income trying to keep up with toddlers. And it's not just white people. It breaks my heart to see.
I have no answers or solutions, it's all a sad state of affairs...

Jack b made the statement concerning teri and i ne said it was teri and i's work and earn it sociey. From his statement one can only glean that he doesnt believe in that. Right Jack b ? Well i do honestly beleve that so i can never be a dimbocrat.

What you mean, Duane, is that is the only thing that a dim bulb like your self can glean from what I wrote.

And I am definitely not suprized. To understand any other part of it would require that be human and that you be capable of conscious thought. I have seen no evidence that you meet either of those qualifications.

Teri,

You apparently missed my point. What I said was that HERE there are a lot of white people on drugs and a lot of highschool and middle school kids who are white getting pregnant. Nationally meth is an epidemic, and it targets all races, bt surprisinl lots of doctors, nurses, and people you would not normally associate with drugs. So don't call my racially qualizing post crap as though there was no basis for me to put it here. If Duane wants to continue to make RACE the issue, then I will continue to show that there are just as many ignorant whites as there are any other race in our country. I am only leveling the playing field so to speak.

I also said that the country has gone to **** for the most part, and we can hardly blame Mexicans for that. That is true as well. Consumer spending, labor cutbacks, corporate greed, goverment defunct policies and lawmakers on the take.........etc. etc. We are our own worst enemies. We could be so much more as a nation. We have such potential.