Return to Website

The Ivy Division Forum

WELCOME to THE IVY DIVISION Message Forum 
THIS website is a private SUPPORT SITE for 4th ID veterans, active duty soldiers, family members, friends and everyone who supports our troops no matter how you feel about our leaders. Troublemakers, gossips. trolls, liars, etc are NOT welcome here. Posts that defame,, humiliate and/or intimidate other posters or the webmaster will be deleted without notice or comment. Please read the rules on the Main Page, thank you!
This forum has a long history, by interent standards anyway-unfortunately it has been abandoned for far too long due to real life circumstances knocking the heck out of what had been my very real desire to keep this board alive and well forever so that all of us could meet here and communicate with each other everyday.

I'm not sure that a forum like this is even needed nowadays since the advent of facebook, etc...but I hope that this once thriving BB does bring some of us back together again and that maybe some new folks will join us as well!   
Webmaster: Bob Poff, C-1-8, 1968-1969 robert8h@yahoo.com
Thank You for Visiting The Ivy Division.com!
Open 24 Hours a Day, 365 Days a Year
Friends of The Ivy Division
A.B.,HONORARY GRUNT!
jinks' www.vietnamvets.com messageboard
Jim Bury's Ivy Dragoons website
Redleg's 4ID Forum

The IVY Division is back, the love of my life
Julie and I are married and we welcome
you Back to the IVY Division Forum!!!

The Ivy Division Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cheney apologizes for inbreeding joke, but not for...

Dick Cheney has apologized for an inbreeding joke about West Virginia. That's wonderful. The problem is, how about all the things Cheney has NOT apologized for? Like...
*Politicizing science
*Running his super-secret, "Kenny Boy" and ExxonMobil-dominated energy task force
*Iraq, including the case for war citing an alleged relationship between Saddam Hussein and Al Qaeda, etc.
*Abu Ghraib
*Extraordinary rendition, secret prisons in Eastern Europe
*Waterboarding and other torture
*Gitmo
*Enormous budget deficits
*Continued addiction on Saudi oil
*Outing covert CIA agent Valerie Plame
*War profiteering and sleazy no-bid contracts, including his former company Halliburton
*Shooting a friend of his and then trying to cover it up
*Claiming he "does not have to comply with an executive order on safeguarding classified information because his office is part of the Legislature."
*Gross negligence leading up to Hurricane Katrina and also in its aftermath
*Snidely dismissing energy conservation as "a sign of personal virtue"
*Authoring unconstitutional and outrageous "signing statements" which "declare the president's intent to disregard provisions of bills he has signed into law that he proclaims are unconstitutional."
*Engineering "the National Security Agency's warrantless domestic surveillance program targeting American citizens on American soil in contravention of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act of 1978."

This could go on and on, but needless to say, Dick Cheney owes the American people a lot of apologies. Unfortunately, while he's said "sorry" for making a joke about inbreeding, he still has a long, long way to go on all the items listed above (and many more).

Re: Cheney apologizes for inbreeding joke, but not for...

I get kind of worked up over Cheney, his arrogance reminds me a bit of Spiro Agnew. He seems to be talking down to us. The statement he made that burns me up as much as any other is his reason for getting 5 deferments to avoid Vietnam, "I had other priorities in the sixties." Lots of us didn't want to go. The war wasn't one of my priorities either. Now he's wanting us to send our sons and daughters.

Notice how more recently Our CIC have been CIC's who have avoided Military Service. Bill Didn't serve, The present Bush did in the AF Reserve I guess but his attendance was questioned. Now if Obama gets in he will be another one with no expericence but thinks he will know how to be a CIC all these loser politicans are the same. No matter what party, what race, or what sex.

Mike for all of the wonderful things our country do. I say God bless America and Those things and the wonderful people that do the great and noble things I sav Gob bless America but as Rev Wright was asaying about the evil things that are in the history of our great nation and for the people like Cheney and those people that preach hate and practice or participate in crimal acts and hide it under a banner of religion and patriism I like rev. Wright say God **** America. In saying that I am asking my God to condem these atrocious acts and **** those that commit them. I am A American and I love America, and I love our constitution and as long as Americ live up to and abide by our constitotion I pray that God bless America. I sorry that because of people like vice president Cheny and President Bush it was necessary for rev wrigh to ask God to **** America The country that I am sure he love and It is not because a man or a woman did or did not serve in the armed forces. It is because of love of our country and our constitution. that they should be CICX.