Return to Website

The Ivy Division Forum

WELCOME to THE IVY DIVISION Message Forum 
THIS website is a private SUPPORT SITE for 4th ID veterans, active duty soldiers, family members, friends and everyone who supports our troops no matter how you feel about our leaders. Troublemakers, gossips. trolls, liars, etc are NOT welcome here. Posts that defame,, humiliate and/or intimidate other posters or the webmaster will be deleted without notice or comment. Please read the rules on the Main Page, thank you!
This forum has a long history, by interent standards anyway-unfortunately it has been abandoned for far too long due to real life circumstances knocking the heck out of what had been my very real desire to keep this board alive and well forever so that all of us could meet here and communicate with each other everyday.

I'm not sure that a forum like this is even needed nowadays since the advent of facebook, etc...but I hope that this once thriving BB does bring some of us back together again and that maybe some new folks will join us as well!   
Webmaster: Bob Poff, C-1-8, 1968-1969 robert8h@yahoo.com
Thank You for Visiting The Ivy Division.com!
Open 24 Hours a Day, 365 Days a Year
Friends of The Ivy Division
A.B.,HONORARY GRUNT!
jinks' www.vietnamvets.com messageboard
Jim Bury's Ivy Dragoons website
Redleg's 4ID Forum

The IVY Division is back, the love of my life
Julie and I are married and we welcome
you Back to the IVY Division Forum!!!

The Ivy Division Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
hi everyone

i have been here every day since i got back from Port Townsend early last week but i have have bben too busy to post here. Bob sends his love and best wishes and has asked me to apologise for his for not being here, he is so busy packing up over there and he has packed his computer into a box to take to his brother gary's house to give to him while he has a visit there before moving here in the next few weeks.
we had a fantastic visit,we drove to longview so i could meet gary and his wife carry and watch their son alex play baseball, my first baseball match ever, apart from seeing it in the movies. i cant tell you how happy i was to meet bob's family, they are wonderful people, except we had a meal at a pizza restaurant(i hate pizza, bob thinks im weird for that, lol), but it was a great day.
anyway im rambling on, when bob gets to garys and then here he'll be back at the board, he misses you all.
bobbi please give him a call on his house number if you have it, if not call me and ill give it to you.
take care all, julie

ilusdm baby

Re: hi everyone

Julie hello and thanks for the update, seems all is moving forward..

Julie, Ma'am!

Thank You for sharing "sit-rep" regarding status of Bob's relocating to Her Majesty The Queens islands. I am very happy to read that everything is continuosly moving forward in this matter. A question however, if I may...:

As Bob is relocating to the Brittish islands, is boB to acompany him or to remain in USA? And what are the plans of BOB and bob? USA, or UK? ...

So, you do not enjoy the flavour of pizza.... Rather rarely occuring stand in culinary matters I would dare to say. Perhaps you have not had a properly baked such yet? We will have to do something about that.... Perhaps Bob and I can convince Bobs Italian cusine, Bobnino Poffarelli, to fly upp from Palermo in Sicily, and make you a pizza you can not refuse. Chuckle!

Seriously however. Once again, I am indeed most happy to read that everything is moving forward for you and Bob! And as Bob soon will be only 1 timezone away from me, instead of 9 timezones away, this will hopefully increase my chanse to meet him, and of course also you Ma'am, in person one day.

T G C!

Sincerely
A.B

hi A.B, ty for your great reply to my post, very funny.i will read it to Bob on the phone when he wakes later, and i will tell bOB how you are looking forward to meeting us.

As for the pizza thing...YUK! i have tried many different ones over the years but i just dont see what all the fuss is about, perhaps as you say bobnino pofferelli will convince me otherwise, but i doubt it, lol.

tgc A.B, i'm sure bob will give you a call when he is back here in the UK

Julie: You don't like pizza????????? It is a good thing you went back to the UK. Otherwise we would have to deport you.

Julie thanks for the sit rep. i don't come here as often as it was in the old days. it has got to hostile for me.

But i tryed to call my C.Co brother and from your post know now that he has been very, very busey..

let me add that i wish for you and Bob a very happy time together for the rest of your life.

I will try to keep him posted on the many things going on with all his Viet Nam C company bros.

Please let him know that there is a movement going on for all who servied C co from start to finish no matter what year for us to have a one last stab to be together.

Take care of him for me and tell him to allways keep that smile.

After all we have the same Nam Dirt on our Boots.

Hiya!

I called him a week or so ago, but I knew you might be busy so I decided to wait until he called me back. I called him a bit ago, but no answer. My cell got wet in the river the other day when we went rafting down the Guadalupe on vacation and I had to replace it. Lost all of my contact numbers. Those that I know by heart I still have. So shoot me your house number by email if you would please or call my house or cell.

I am glad your trip went well. BTW- my son Austin does not like pizza either. So you are not alone. He hates the sauce mostly.

Mike, ty for your kind reply to my post

mad doc, Bob lets me off the pizza thing because he loves my cooking, (still thinks im weird tho, lol)

Jeffro, thank you so much for your wonderful reply, i read it out to Bob on the phone,it really touched both of us. It has and will continue to give me great pleasure to look after your friend and my wonderful darling Bob

Bobbi, ty also for your reply, i will email Bob's house number to you. i am very pleased to hear that your son has normal food preferences just like me!

thank you again everyone
love julie

ilusdm baby

I also don't stop by as much as I once did but I view everyone here as a friend. Julie and Bob, I wish you both the best!

Bump##