Return to Website

The Ivy Division Forum

WELCOME to THE IVY DIVISION Message Forum 
THIS website is a private SUPPORT SITE for 4th ID veterans, active duty soldiers, family members, friends and everyone who supports our troops no matter how you feel about our leaders. Troublemakers, gossips. trolls, liars, etc are NOT welcome here. Posts that defame,, humiliate and/or intimidate other posters or the webmaster will be deleted without notice or comment. Please read the rules on the Main Page, thank you!
This forum has a long history, by interent standards anyway-unfortunately it has been abandoned for far too long due to real life circumstances knocking the heck out of what had been my very real desire to keep this board alive and well forever so that all of us could meet here and communicate with each other everyday.

I'm not sure that a forum like this is even needed nowadays since the advent of facebook, etc...but I hope that this once thriving BB does bring some of us back together again and that maybe some new folks will join us as well!   
Webmaster: Bob Poff, C-1-8, 1968-1969 robert8h@yahoo.com
Thank You for Visiting The Ivy Division.com!
Open 24 Hours a Day, 365 Days a Year
Friends of The Ivy Division
A.B.,HONORARY GRUNT!
jinks' www.vietnamvets.com messageboard
Jim Bury's Ivy Dragoons website
Redleg's 4ID Forum

The IVY Division is back, the love of my life
Julie and I are married and we welcome
you Back to the IVY Division Forum!!!

The Ivy Division Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
barack HUUSIEN obama " I WILL SIDE WITHH THE MUSLIMS"

Accoeding to jeffro barack HUSSIEN obama makes this statement in his book "Audacity of hope"I will side with the muslims when the when the political winds blow difficult". Im sure jeffro read that. Im going to get a copy of his book. Now do you guys see what you will be getting . Not a President but a Caliph who will enslave you . No doubt most of you will be willing to be slaves of the one with the brown glow around him.

Re: barack HUUSIEN obama " I WILL SIDE WITHH THE MUSLIMS"

Draino. This Nation was established in strentgh, Meaning no individual can destroy it. The good people of Montana insured the nomination of Barack Hussien Obama. To be the President of The United States of America. I believe that the good unbiased majoredy of Americans Will elected him to be President of these united states and will help him to establish his presdentcy in strength

The sentence Duane wants to whine about had much more to it than what Duane quoted.

It has to do with Americans: from other countries who are now Americans, and that he would not let happen to them what happened to the Japanese Americans during WWII:

"Whenever I appear before immigrant audiences, I can count on some good-natured ribbing from my staff after my speech; according to them, my remarks always follow a three-part structure: "I am your friend," "[Fill in the home country] has been a cradle of civilization," and "You embody the American dream." They're right, my message is simple, for what I've come to understand is that my mere presence before these newly minted Americans serves notice that they matter, that they are voters critical to my success and full-fledged citizens deserving of respect.
Of course, not all my conversations in immigrant communities follow this easy pattern. In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific assurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction." [Page 260-261]"Whenever I appear before immigrant audiences, I can count on some good-natured ribbing from my staff after my speech; according to them, my remarks always follow a three-part structure: "I am your friend," "[Fill in the home country] has been a cradle of civilization," and "You embody the American dream." They're right, my message is simple, for what I've come to understand is that my mere presence before these newly minted Americans serves notice that they matter, that they are voters critical to my success and full-fledged citizens deserving of respect.
Of course, not all my conversations in immigrant communities follow this easy pattern. In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific assurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction." [Page 260-261]

duane did you realise that Senator Obama is white also or is it that you only see black

Duane adheres to the "One drop of blood" theory of race.

LOL which drop of my blood will you be looking at today, sir? Do I need to put it into one of those machines that seperates it into it's parts so that you can see which one is which? What if the black in me decides it likes the German in me? Do I have to force them to live seperately when my blood drops don't want to be seperated? Oh goodness, what about my Cherokee? Oh ****, I am 1/4 Cherokee. Hell, which quarter? ****, bigtime French, oh and Scottish. I am afraid that if I start to disect all of my parts, the rest of me will fall apart.........

much like when we disect our country into black, white, etc. The mixture of my heritage is just that, heritage. It is the compilation of places my ancestors came from, not me. Seperating ourselves into color groups, or hertiage groups can unite us in some ways but can divide us as well and we tend to do that latter.

If we elect a man to be President, who just happens to be black and also be white, or German, or African, or what ever his heritage is, he is still American first and that is what matters most. At least, that should be what matters most. But not to some, I am sure.

I got his book and i read that paragraph. he states that there were arabs and palestinians detained after 9-11 2001 when 3000 americans were suddenly and without provocation killed by muslims. and none of you can deny that they werent moslems.
You can and probably WILL say that those americans deserved to be killed as professor ward churchill of Colorado state university did.
Now obama didnt say just who those arabs and palestinians were who were unjustly detained? What their names were? Where it happened? the consensus of most of you here is that no one shall ask Hussien obama any questions . He is not to be critizied. That messianic glow that he has follwing him makes him something far more than any other american. Although most of you probably believe that. I dont.To me he looks like steve erkel of a t v show from a few years ago. and thats not being fair to steve erkel. He was a good comedian!

Duane I guess I need topcopy my subject here since you havenot responded.

====Duane the book says"I will stand with the them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction, NOT " I WILL SIDE WITHH THE MUSLIMS"=====

Duane if you read the book which I dought, as indicated below not one word of muslim is mentioned.

Do you know that in the middle east countries that their care people of various religons besides muslim? Or due to your ignorance you relate anyone from Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, India, Albanis etc as muslim?
What religon are you?
---------------------------------------------

This statement is a rewording of a passage from page 261 of "The Audacity of Hope", in which Barack Obama spoke of the importance of not allowing inflamed public opinion to result in innocent members of immigrant groups being stripped of their rights, denied their due as American citizens, or placed into confinement, as was done with japenese-Americans during World War II.

The original contains no specific mention of "Muslims"

" In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistan Americans, have a more urgent quality, for the stores of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken gtheir sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific reasurrances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japenese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should this political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Strange things can get a person elected, like who people think he looks like.

Now take George Bush. Hes a dead ringer for Mad Magazine's Alfred E Newman,"What Me Worry"?

I wonder if that's what got him elected?