Return to Website

The Ivy Division Forum

WELCOME to THE IVY DIVISION Message Forum 
THIS website is a private SUPPORT SITE for 4th ID veterans, active duty soldiers, family members, friends and everyone who supports our troops no matter how you feel about our leaders. Troublemakers, gossips. trolls, liars, etc are NOT welcome here. Posts that defame,, humiliate and/or intimidate other posters or the webmaster will be deleted without notice or comment. Please read the rules on the Main Page, thank you!
This forum has a long history, by interent standards anyway-unfortunately it has been abandoned for far too long due to real life circumstances knocking the heck out of what had been my very real desire to keep this board alive and well forever so that all of us could meet here and communicate with each other everyday.

I'm not sure that a forum like this is even needed nowadays since the advent of facebook, etc...but I hope that this once thriving BB does bring some of us back together again and that maybe some new folks will join us as well!   
Webmaster: Bob Poff, C-1-8, 1968-1969 robert8h@yahoo.com
Thank You for Visiting The Ivy Division.com!
Open 24 Hours a Day, 365 Days a Year
Friends of The Ivy Division
A.B.,HONORARY GRUNT!
jinks' www.vietnamvets.com messageboard
Jim Bury's Ivy Dragoons website
Redleg's 4ID Forum

The IVY Division is back, the love of my life
Julie and I are married and we welcome
you Back to the IVY Division Forum!!!

The Ivy Division Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Meet the Press;s Tim Russert Dies at 58

wow was this a shock. this is a very sad day for journalism. Russert was very well respected by his peers and admired by Washington's most experienced politicians.

Russertwas a credit to his profession.
Condolences to his family
=========================================

Host of "Meet the Press" suffers heart attack. Tim Russert, the Democratic operative turned NBC commentator who revolutionized Sunday morning television and infused journalism with his passion for politics, died this afternoon. Russert suffered a heart attack while working in his office on Washington's Nebraska Avenue. Details were not immediately available.

Re: Meet the Press;s Tim Russert Dies at 58

I was sitting at my desk today, talking to the salesman next to me when his wife called and told us the news this afternoon. We were stunned. He has been such a fixture in political debates and presidential campaigns. It will be weird for me not to see him in the coming months of this year's election.

Re: Meet the Press;s Tim Russert Dies at 58

Yes Mike the Country has lost a good man. in my opinion. Iknow a few others will not see him that way, But i have come to enjoy him and was usually disapointed when i missed one of his meet the press programs that I had planned to watch. There were things about him that I related to such as being proud that my father also raised his family on the wages of a garbage man and being proud of that fact maybe that is why he cared so much for the common man. maybe be cause my family had a connection to Buffalo and I would have wonderful visits there in the summer, and he was as proud of Buffalo as I am of Chicag He was a patriot and you could tell by his positiv or negative esressions win commentaing on our armed forces. It was clear that he was a liberal. But he was always fair and i think that the had the respect of most conservative politicians that new that they had to be well prepared if they were to be interviewd by him. Yes mike I am shocked and saddened by his abrupt and untimely death. Our country, and perhaps the world has lost a good man. A real humantarian.