Return to Website

The Ivy Division Forum

WELCOME to THE IVY DIVISION Message Forum 
THIS website is a private SUPPORT SITE for 4th ID veterans, active duty soldiers, family members, friends and everyone who supports our troops no matter how you feel about our leaders. Troublemakers, gossips. trolls, liars, etc are NOT welcome here. Posts that defame,, humiliate and/or intimidate other posters or the webmaster will be deleted without notice or comment. Please read the rules on the Main Page, thank you!
This forum has a long history, by interent standards anyway-unfortunately it has been abandoned for far too long due to real life circumstances knocking the heck out of what had been my very real desire to keep this board alive and well forever so that all of us could meet here and communicate with each other everyday.

I'm not sure that a forum like this is even needed nowadays since the advent of facebook, etc...but I hope that this once thriving BB does bring some of us back together again and that maybe some new folks will join us as well!   
Webmaster: Bob Poff, C-1-8, 1968-1969 robert8h@yahoo.com
Thank You for Visiting The Ivy Division.com!
Open 24 Hours a Day, 365 Days a Year
Friends of The Ivy Division
A.B.,HONORARY GRUNT!
jinks' www.vietnamvets.com messageboard
Jim Bury's Ivy Dragoons website
Redleg's 4ID Forum

The IVY Division is back, the love of my life
Julie and I are married and we welcome
you Back to the IVY Division Forum!!!

The Ivy Division Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Duane "I will stand with the them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction

Duane if you read the book which I dought, as indicated below not one word of muslim is mentioned.

Do you know that in the middle east countries that their care people of various religons besides muslim? Or due to your ignorance you relate anyone from Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, India, Albanis etc as muslim?
What religon are you?
---------------------------------------------

This statement is a rewording of a passage from page 261 of "The Audacity of Hope", in which Barack Obama spoke of the importance of not allowing inflamed public opinion to result in innocent members of immigrant groups being stripped of their rights, denied their due as American citizens, or placed into confinement, as was done with japenese-Americans during World War II.

The original contains no specific mention of "Muslims"

" In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistan Americans, have a more urgent quality, for the stores of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken gtheir sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific reasurrances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japenese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should this political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Re: Duane "I will stand with the them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction

Mike. Thank You. You know Many Americans, Would like to portray America , As being squeaky clean. And I wish that was true also. But we must face the thruth. The establishment of our nation was a violent ant somewhat ruthless undertaking even though we enjoy our beautiful and wonderful country, we must admitt that we took it from the indiansin an atrocious manner. The civil war and the indian wars were very dark clouds of American history. The mexican war allowed the US to sieze half of Mexico, The war with Spain maybe justified by the exposion on the USS Maine or not . Allowed the US to sieze Pouerto Rico, Guam and the Marrianas. Allowing Thousands of thousands of Pacific islanders to become citizens and allowing the Phillipines to become a rea of major interest and influence to the US WW I was supposed to be the war to end all wars, But it did not happen, and the US learened and grew fromit after a industrial build up and shut down and Our country be came a Imperial power. Which was good , But many countries felt strangled by American Power and we went into WWII After which as a Superpower America was a influence to the world and that influence was challenged by communisim Which created the Cold war converting conviential warfare of massive armies going after each other to the threat of Nuclear warfare. and the race to build better and bigger weapons of mass distruction. But through diplomacy and not war we have somewhat dissolved that problem . Except for a few wannabe countries that want to use nuclear weapons to be a threat, Donot realize that the US is capable of bombing them into submission with convientinal weapons. But this problem is cause by a lack of communication and the disrespect of one religion by another religion. In the words of Rodney King ( Can't we all get along ? ) We have Christian Fundalmentalists ( Fanatics) Islamic Fundalmentalists ( Fanatics ) and Jewish fundalmentalists ( Fanatics ) and none of these fanatics want to respect the other fantac. Mike you are so right we as a country are of many people of many religions of many colors of many cultres philosophies are one nation and as for what Rev Wright said in my opinion For all of the wonderful things that our country has done to make this a better world I say God Bless America. and for the the wrongdoing of our country I also say God **** America. And in the words of Michelle Obama After seeing the coming together of the good people of our nation that have overcome racial predudice to se fit to vote for a black to become President of this great nation . For the first time in my adult life. I amproud to be an American Now draino try to misconscrue my words.

Re: Duane "I will stand with the them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction

Mike ivy Name all those Arab and palestinian people who were deprived of their rights after 9/11 2001. If those people existed they had to have names. barack HUSSIEN obama meant exactly what he said. That he would side with the muslims. when the political winds blow ugly. He never named those arab or palestinian people who were deprived of their rights. Nor have you because neither of you know who they are. They exist only for both of you to try to make the american people out to be opressors of other religions and other peaceful peoples . Which is not true.

Daune as it said above, keyword is " Re-Worded" which means twisted to fit your sick racist right wing KKK mind.

and I quote again, tell me were the word muslim is mentioned? You can't
============================

quoted from book duane never read. Page 261

" In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistan Americans, have a more urgent quality, for the stores of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken gtheir sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific reasurrances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japenese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should this political winds shift in an ugly direction"