Return to Website

The Ivy Division Forum

WELCOME to THE IVY DIVISION Message Forum 
THIS website is a private SUPPORT SITE for 4th ID veterans, active duty soldiers, family members, friends and everyone who supports our troops no matter how you feel about our leaders. Troublemakers, gossips. trolls, liars, etc are NOT welcome here. Posts that defame,, humiliate and/or intimidate other posters or the webmaster will be deleted without notice or comment. Please read the rules on the Main Page, thank you!
This forum has a long history, by interent standards anyway-unfortunately it has been abandoned for far too long due to real life circumstances knocking the heck out of what had been my very real desire to keep this board alive and well forever so that all of us could meet here and communicate with each other everyday.

I'm not sure that a forum like this is even needed nowadays since the advent of facebook, etc...but I hope that this once thriving BB does bring some of us back together again and that maybe some new folks will join us as well!   
Webmaster: Bob Poff, C-1-8, 1968-1969 robert8h@yahoo.com
Thank You for Visiting The Ivy Division.com!
Open 24 Hours a Day, 365 Days a Year
Friends of The Ivy Division
A.B.,HONORARY GRUNT!
jinks' www.vietnamvets.com messageboard
Jim Bury's Ivy Dragoons website
Redleg's 4ID Forum

The IVY Division is back, the love of my life
Julie and I are married and we welcome
you Back to the IVY Division Forum!!!

The Ivy Division Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Equal Pay for Women... Just Not on My Dime

Equal Pay for Women... Just Not on My Dime
Posted By Bobby Eberle On July 1, 2008 at 6:00 am

Sen. Barack Obama talks a good game. There's talk about hope and change, and hope and change, and even more hope and change. What exactly is he hoping to change? No one really knows, but one thing is clear: the more we get to know him, the more we realize that his actions are quite different than his "hope and change" rhetoric.

As an example, take his recent speech about pay discrimination between men and women. Obama told the audience in Albuquerque, NM that he supports "a Senate bill to make it easier to sue an employer for pay discrimination." Yet, upon a review of Obama's payroll, we learn that women are paid less than men. Keep talking Sen. Obama.

As reported by CNSNews.com, "While Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama has vowed to make pay equity for women a top priority if elected president, an analysis of his Senate staff shows that women are outnumbered and out-paid by men. That is in contrast to Republican presidential candidate John McCain's Senate office, where women, for the most part, out-rank and are paid more than men."

In his speech, Obama spoke about how his single mom worked to raise her family. He spoke of hardships of his grandmother, and also his wife. He set the stage beautifully by noting the successes of these women... then what did he do? He blasted Sen. John McCain, saying, "But when you look at our records and our plans on issues that matter to working women, the choice could not be clearer. ... It starts with equal pay."

It starts with equal pay? Did he seriously say that with a straight face? As CNSNews.com notes in their analysis, "On average, women working in Obama's Senate office were paid at least $6,000 below the average man working for the Illinois senator."

CNSNews.com also points out that "of the five people in Obama's Senate office who were paid $100,000 or more on an annual basis, only one -- Obama's administrative manager -- was a woman."

In contrast, women outnumbered men on McCain's Senate payroll by 30 to 16. The women were paid an average of $3,000 more than the men.

Obama sounds less and less like an advocate of hope and change, and more and more like a typical politician. In his speech Obama said, "We can't afford an economy where folks keep working harder for less. We can't let the women in our workforce get paid even less for doing the same work." Oh really? It appears that Obama, as an employer, has no problems doing exactly what he is speaking against. I guess he means "other" employers. Certainly we shouldn't look at what his own hiring practices really are, right? This is just one other part of his record that he'd prefer be kept out of the spotlight.

Near the end of his speech, Obama said, "I want my daughters to grow up in an America where they have opportunities that are even greater than their mother had, or their grandmothers, or their great grandmothers -- an America where our daughters truly have the same opportunities as our sons."

Note to Obama's daughters.... Don't go to work for your dad.

Re: Equal Pay for Women... Just Not on My Dime

Im sure that there will be several people here who will say that barackHUSSIEN obama is not bound by laws. THAT because he has that messianic glow about him that when he walks his feet do not touch the ground. And no doubt the women in his office that are underpaid are typical whites like his grandmother.
Who fed him when he was hungry after his father had abandoned him. His white grandparents (although they were typical white people or most likely because they were) did not abandon him.
Good post Artllaryman.

Still no ideas of your own, eh Artilleryman?

Strange, I can't seem to find the definition of "Typical White People".

Yeah...Bobby is one of Bush's cronies and a biggee in the party....what would you expect him to say??!!

Joy

Every politican that has come along has the same old line, change, there is going to be change. Still no change except things have gotten worse for the avearage American Citizen. Property values have gone down, oil companies continue to gouge American Citizens, so there is no change and I don't see any coming in the near or far future. I let people who think politicans care about citizens vote. Some day voters will realize that politicans care only about their own little political agendas. They have manipluated the constitution to fit their needs and not the needs of American Citizens.

"If voting could change anything, it would be illegal." - Unknown

Those of us that vote deserve the joy or disappointment that we get on election night. those of you that do not vote, Deserve whatever you get. As a old brown boot Soldier would say. Quit your belly achkin. Remember November 11 A day for change or a day for the same old stuff. But a real man out of respect for his mother, wife, sisters, and daughters would advocate equal pay for women.

Grant well spoken

That's just it Grant there is no change ever.

Robert, are you actually saying that there is no difference between Administrations? Like, say, the Clinton Administration and the Bush bunch? If that is what you are saying, I think that you are dead wrong.

I understand when people say that all professional politicians are liars, etc. or that they do what they do out of personal ambition rather than any sense of serving their country - that is pretty much true.

But to suggest that there is no difference in how the country and the American people are affected by the actions of different administrations is just plain hogwash.

Robert I can only assume that you have not noticed change from one political party to the other. I Have, I have found that when the democrats are the party in the white house. I as a working class man benifit from that administration. and when the republicans are in the white house the rich people benifit and get richer. the wrking class has to pay more , for everyday necessities and the rich get bigger taxe breaks along with the exemptions for their investments,travel, boats and RV. and contributions to thier political buddies. I sorry you have never seen the change.

Jack B and Grant. I totally feel that democracy is fanatastic. However, I continue to be disillusioned by the way this administration has allowed our nation to be tricked into beliveing in war, the abuse of power by politicans, the continued way the politicans of this nation manipulated the constitution to their benefit and not to the benefit of the American Citizens. I (note this my opinion, and we all know opnions are like butt holes we all have one and they all stink) see no relief from the gouging by big business, no change in the economy, ( I will admit that at least Clinton despite his short falls) did mange to get us out of debt and have a surplus. Sorry until a politican comes along that is honest (which will never happen), and cares about American Citizens I will not vote for any of them. So I will continue to be dissapointed by the leaders of this nation. I swore an oath to the support and defend the constitution just like the rest of us on this site, however, I didn't know until recently that the true enemies of the constitution are sitting in exeuctive office on down.

Robert: Don't you think that part of the blame lies with the people of this nation who allow themselves to be tricked? Ignorance is the true bane of democracy. Without it, the shysters couldn't survive.

Its apparent that all of you here want the 'RICH' to be destroyed. Now just what income level is 'RICH"?
$40, 000 a year.
Lets say that any fortune like Teresa Heinz 's fortune should be confiscated by Hussien obama. Killer Kennedy's fortune slick willie and hilllary's fortune should be confiscated Hairy redd's fortune. San Fran Nan's fortune.
In 1999 the tax on a single person earning $30, 000 a year was $8400 now its $4800.
Hw many of you have a ever had a job earning good money in a company started by a homeless person? How many? If Hussien obama does succeed in confiscating every bit of property in the United States . How many people will he hire at good wages.
T Boone Pickens ( a billionaire) is investing hundreds of millions of dollars of his own money in wind energy in Texas in an effort to solve the energy problem in the United States If obama and the rest of you democrats seized his money what would you do with it? Would you try to solve problems like he is? Of course not because none of you know how to do anything useful. So define what the word rich means
and just what you would do with other peoples money , property in your communist utopia.

Robert J Ryan, to a large degree I totally agree with what your saying. Our governement lead by our elected officials need to be "changed" and a stipulation inserted into their requirements of office that they are elected by the people and for the people and if they can not ophold this then they will be removed from office.

Both Republicans and Democrates need to understand that their responsibility is to the 'people" of the United States who voted them into office and not "big business" and that special interest groups need to be outlawed and put to sleep forever, and any politican who is caught and convicted 'must' go directly to jail and loose their entire retirement, benefits etc. Set one example and the rest will follow, we the people hold politicans and leaders to the same standards as everyday people, no one is against the law.

Duane you are wrong, I am not against the rich as they to are citizens of this country. I am agianst the leaders of this nation and the way they abuse their power for own political agendas and not for the good of the American citizens whether rich, middle class, or poor.

We have not yet formed a perfect union of these United States of America. But in my fifteen years of living in and visiting other country's and after considering other places to retire. I decided to come back to the area of the world that I had learned to love. the part of the world that I knew was not perfect. but where I could feel fairly safe for myself and my family A place with crime. a place that has inadequate educadition for those that were not determined to find better than what was offered A place with a history of corrupt politicians and government BUT the place I still wanted to call home. The place that has changed over and over for the better with every new government administration A school system that was reported to be the worst in the country But I have seen iimprovement with every new administration A place where I see more and more of my black youth progress, Maybe not fast enough but they are progressing a place where a few years ago there were generations of welrare moms , That are now driving buses and drawing blood in hospitals and are going to school to better them selves and thier families I am saying this to say that of all of the places in the world. of all of the governments in the world I like this place and I like this government the best regardless of which party, Our government will eventually work out the problems . With the support of those of us that vote. If we keep the partyies rotating things will be all right And I feel that it is time to let the democrats screw up the country for a while But to get back to the subject. Women should get equal pay for equal work.

What is CNSN? I have never heard of this news forum before. Once again, show me that 2 people in his campaign are of equal position, tenure, and responsiblity an d the woman is making less after all of that. Then I say, you have a case. But since Russell's and Duane's news sources typically come from biased writers and personalities and not reporters, I tend to put their reports in question. Anyone who sees Bill O'Reilly and Rush Limbaugh as honest, gospel adoring, "guy next door" types with your best interests in mind, needs to check into Bellvue immediately.

Obama may have a skeleton we have yet to see, the future will show us eventually. As for respect for women, let's ask McCain's first wife what she thinks on the subject.........