Return to Website

The Ivy Division Forum

WELCOME to THE IVY DIVISION Message Forum 
THIS website is a private SUPPORT SITE for 4th ID veterans, active duty soldiers, family members, friends and everyone who supports our troops no matter how you feel about our leaders. Troublemakers, gossips. trolls, liars, etc are NOT welcome here. Posts that defame,, humiliate and/or intimidate other posters or the webmaster will be deleted without notice or comment. Please read the rules on the Main Page, thank you!
This forum has a long history, by interent standards anyway-unfortunately it has been abandoned for far too long due to real life circumstances knocking the heck out of what had been my very real desire to keep this board alive and well forever so that all of us could meet here and communicate with each other everyday.

I'm not sure that a forum like this is even needed nowadays since the advent of facebook, etc...but I hope that this once thriving BB does bring some of us back together again and that maybe some new folks will join us as well!   
Webmaster: Bob Poff, C-1-8, 1968-1969 robert8h@yahoo.com
Thank You for Visiting The Ivy Division.com!
Open 24 Hours a Day, 365 Days a Year
Friends of The Ivy Division
A.B.,HONORARY GRUNT!
jinks' www.vietnamvets.com messageboard
Jim Bury's Ivy Dragoons website
Redleg's 4ID Forum

The IVY Division is back, the love of my life
Julie and I are married and we welcome
you Back to the IVY Division Forum!!!

The Ivy Division Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
new yorker magazine cover

I imagine everyone has seen the cover of the latest New Yorker magazine. It shows obama amd his wife in the oval office. obama dressed in moslem garb(as in the photo of him in kenya his homeland) his wife in camo a bandoleer of ammo and a ak 47 on her back.American flag burning in the the fireplace. portrait of Osama Bin Ladin above the fireplace. they are doing the fist bump. Now the New Yorker is about as liberal democrat magazine as can be.
Do you suppose it knows more than the rest of us? Food for thought.

Re: new yorker magazine cover

it's a satire get over it

Today CNN was interviewing people in front of a news stand in NYC about that cover and most of tehem didnt view it as satire. I like it . I hope it gets coverage all over the place.

That's right "most" of them did not understand that it was satire, because "most" of the population is not smart enough to figure it out.
You should be able to identify with that!

Joy good one

In his speech to the NAACP convention in Cincinnati today, Senator John McCain (R-Arizona) praised Senator Barack Obama (D-Illinois) and made a rare mention of the historic nature of his candidacy as the first African-American to be nominated for president by a major political party.

"Don't tell him I said this," McCain said, "but he is an impressive fellow in many ways. He has inspired a great many Americans, some of whom had wrongly believed that a political campaign could hold no purpose or meaning for them. His success should make Americans, all Americans, proud."

Senator McCain, by taking the high road, will endear him to many fence straddlers. I, for one, will now give him my ear to listen to his position on the multiple issues facing our country today.

If he can only keep the people like Duane from saying that they support him, then he might actaully have a chance at the presidency.

John R...

JohnR are you out of your mind!! McCain would just be more of what we have!!

Joy,

Curiously, getting "out of my mind" has been relaively an easy exercise for me.

John R...

LOL John R

Duane provides a real example of what the Obama campaign really feared. Yes they knew it was satire. They also knew that the satire would go over the heads of Right Wing Bufoons like Duane. I'm glad to hear Duane agrees with "New Yorker." I've always suspected that Duane was planted here, by the Left Wing, to make Republicans look foolish. He has succeeded beyond their expectations. I wonder when we can expect to see him on "The Colbert Report."

I like the way joy says that the majority of the american people are not smart enough to know that they are not to question the annoited one the mahadi. Well Joy just how will you and the others on this board make sure that that majority is not able to affect american elections. How?
I do think that when barackHUSSIEN obama does become President (and there will be no republicans in the congress) regardless of the election. There will be no american Armed Forces to protect the freedoms and lives of the american people. The real sad part is that Joy and the rest of you will be exterminated like the rest of the americans. The exception is that that the dumb majority will fight to protect themselves . You people will allow yourselves to be led by a judas goat (obama ) to the headmans axe.

Duane, I applaud you on your reading skills. You have found meaning (and for that matter, words) in Joy's post that others just couldn't see. Of course, the main reason that they couldn't see it was because it just plain wasn't there.

I tell you, Quano, If politics was a dog show, you could surely act as a standard for the republican breed: you are nearly perfect in your lack of personal integrity, your willingness to lie to support an unsupportable statement or belief, and to just plain make **** up.

By the way, I am arguing against the headman's axe when we take over - I want to bring back the guillotine just especially for you. Sounds classier than some old axe, don't you think?

Jauqi do you want to try to put me in that quioltine all by your little scrawnie self. Of course not u dont have enough guts to do anything by yourself. I have given you my address just how to find me . I will even stand with my back to you because i know it will make you feel real big to shoot someone in the back in the dark. Or let me know just where to find you . I will come there turn my back on you but you better make the first one count. When Hussien does become President im sure he will select you to be in charege of his islamic death squads that will be killing americans. You would be ideal. A ski mask over your face behind the real killers just like Henrich Himmler .

Definitions of nonsense

a message that seems to convey no meaning
nonsense(a): having no intelligible meaning; "nonsense syllables"; "a nonsensical jumble of words"

Duane do you see a Pshyciatrist? If you do I think you need a good site down with them, and if not I am sure one can be found for you.

Seriously your jumping from Seantor Obama to Hitler, man you really need help