Return to Website

The Ivy Division Forum

WELCOME to THE IVY DIVISION Message Forum 
THIS website is a private SUPPORT SITE for 4th ID veterans, active duty soldiers, family members, friends and everyone who supports our troops no matter how you feel about our leaders. Troublemakers, gossips. trolls, liars, etc are NOT welcome here. Posts that defame,, humiliate and/or intimidate other posters or the webmaster will be deleted without notice or comment. Please read the rules on the Main Page, thank you!
This forum has a long history, by interent standards anyway-unfortunately it has been abandoned for far too long due to real life circumstances knocking the heck out of what had been my very real desire to keep this board alive and well forever so that all of us could meet here and communicate with each other everyday.

I'm not sure that a forum like this is even needed nowadays since the advent of facebook, etc...but I hope that this once thriving BB does bring some of us back together again and that maybe some new folks will join us as well!   
Webmaster: Bob Poff, C-1-8, 1968-1969 robert8h@yahoo.com
Thank You for Visiting The Ivy Division.com!
Open 24 Hours a Day, 365 Days a Year
Friends of The Ivy Division
A.B.,HONORARY GRUNT!
jinks' www.vietnamvets.com messageboard
Jim Bury's Ivy Dragoons website
Redleg's 4ID Forum

The IVY Division is back, the love of my life
Julie and I are married and we welcome
you Back to the IVY Division Forum!!!

The Ivy Division Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Coin to honor America’s Disabled Veterans

"In an e-mail from the Disabled Veterans’ LIFE Memorial Foundation " which I am a member of
--------------------------------------------

President Bush Signs Legislation Authorizing Commemorative Coin to honor America’s Disabled Veterans

Coin sales will support construction of the American Veterans Disabled For Life Memorial in Washington, D.C.

On July 17, 2008 President Bush signed legislation authorizing the Secretary of the Treasury to mint coins in commemoration of veterans who became disabled for life while serving in the Armed Forces of the United States.

The legislation specifies the design of the coin

“shall be emblematic of the service of our disabled veterans who, having survived the ordeal of war, made enormous personal sacrifices defending the principles of our democracy.

The coin will be minted and available for sale through the U.S. Mint in early 2010. Revenue from the surcharge on the coin will help fund construction of the American Veterans Disabled for Life Memorial in Washington, D.C.

“The Commemorative Coin Act is another reflection of America’s heartfelt appreciation for the service and sacrifice of our disabled veterans,

said Lois Pope, chairman of the Disabled Veterans’ LIFE Memorial Foundation.

“Congress and the Administration clearly share our desire to permanently honor their service; not only with a commemorative coin but with the national memorial we will build within sight of the Capitol Building. We are grateful to Senator Tim Johnson and Representatives Dennis Moore and Mark Kirk for their leadership in securing passage of this legislation.

“The commemorative coin legislation is a well-deserved honor for our disabled veterans and a tremendous boost for the Foundation in its efforts to secure funds for the memorial’s construction,��

said Arthur Wilson, Foundation president and national adjutant of the Disabled American Veterans.

“We’ve got a great location and a great design. With a few more major gifts from the private sector, given in the same spirit as this legislation, we’ll be in position to complete this national tribute to a very special group of Americans.

Please note: the Disabled Veterans’ LIFE Memorial Foundation e-mails 3-4 electronic newsletters per year. We intend to keep announcements to a minimum; however, exciting updates such as the passage of the Coin Bill is something that we are proud to share with our supporters.

Thank you for your continued support of the American Veterans Disabled for Life Memorial http://www.avdlm.org/

Re: Coin to honor America’s Disabled Veterans

... in lieu of actual assistance.