Return to Website

The Ivy Division Forum

WELCOME to THE IVY DIVISION Message Forum 
THIS website is a private SUPPORT SITE for 4th ID veterans, active duty soldiers, family members, friends and everyone who supports our troops no matter how you feel about our leaders. Troublemakers, gossips. trolls, liars, etc are NOT welcome here. Posts that defame,, humiliate and/or intimidate other posters or the webmaster will be deleted without notice or comment. Please read the rules on the Main Page, thank you!
This forum has a long history, by interent standards anyway-unfortunately it has been abandoned for far too long due to real life circumstances knocking the heck out of what had been my very real desire to keep this board alive and well forever so that all of us could meet here and communicate with each other everyday.

I'm not sure that a forum like this is even needed nowadays since the advent of facebook, etc...but I hope that this once thriving BB does bring some of us back together again and that maybe some new folks will join us as well!   
Webmaster: Bob Poff, C-1-8, 1968-1969 robert8h@yahoo.com
Thank You for Visiting The Ivy Division.com!
Open 24 Hours a Day, 365 Days a Year
Friends of The Ivy Division
A.B.,HONORARY GRUNT!
jinks' www.vietnamvets.com messageboard
Jim Bury's Ivy Dragoons website
Redleg's 4ID Forum

The IVY Division is back, the love of my life
Julie and I are married and we welcome
you Back to the IVY Division Forum!!!

The Ivy Division Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Is Obama Tied to Iraqi Government Fraud?

Is Obama Tied to Iraqi Government Fraud? Hundreds of Millions in Deals With Candidate's Associates, Says Reporter Aaron Klein

JERUSALEM, Aug 12, 2008 /PRNewswire-USNewswire via COMTEX/ -- Sen. Barack Obama's office engaged in six months of negotiations with a company controlled by convicted criminal Tony Rezko to lobby the U.S. government to push through a nixed $50 million contact to train Iraqi security personnel at a site in Chicago, according to Aaron Klein of WorldNetDaily.com.

The contract was awarded to Rezko's company while Aiham Alsammarae, a long-time, close Rezko friend and a contributor to Obama's campaign, served as Iraq's U.S.-appointed electricity minister, the senator's office confirms.

Rezko was a major Obama fundraiser and associate for two decades.

Alsammarae also awarded another Rezko-controlled operation as part of a $150 million contract to construct a 250-megawatt electricity plant in Iraq.
Alsammarae later was arrested by Iraqi authorities for bilking the coalition government out of some $650 million. He was sprung from prison under questionable circumstances in 2006 and escaped from Iraq, where he is still wanted for questioning with regard to major financial crimes.

The information raises questions into the nature of Obama's relationship with multiple deals made by Iraq's Electricity Ministry while Alsammarae was in charge. Obama has ties to Alsammarae and to the recipients of several of the massive contracts Alsammarae handed out.

While he was the electric czar of Iraq for the Coalition Provisional Authority from mid-2003 until mid-2005, Alsammarae granted the $50 million contract to train Iraqis to guard electrical plants to Companion Security, a start-up reportedly controlled by Rezko, his partner Daniel Mahru and a front man, Daniel Frawley, a former Chicago policeman. Frawley has multiple civil court judgments against him for his alleged failure to pay millions in outstanding bills.

The plan was to fly about 150 Iraqis to a site in Illinois for security training, which reportedly would include the use of AK-47 assault rifles.

Obama's office did not reply to repeated WND requests for comment. A working number could not be found for Frawley.

Alsammarae did not return WND calls left on his cell phone and at his voicemail at his KCI Consultants firm in Chicago.

For complete report see: http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?pageId=70972

Re: Is Obama Tied to Iraqi Government Fraud?

Maybe Hussien is not so shiny and above questions at all? Maybe his feet do drag in the dirt when he moves?. Just maybe?

Don't know much about the fraud case, but I can say that WND is a handy News service to have on your side when envolved in Conservative cases.

I used them myself while fighting in the Terri Schiavo case here in Florida. It Almost worked too.

"Re: Is Obama Tied to Iraqi Government Fraud?"
Not unless he's a Bush Crony!

Regardless. Looks like it is very possible that he will be the next president of these Unted States of America. if He selects Hilliary for his vice and Colin Powell as his secretary of defense.

I think Gen. Powell has lost a lot of credibility by parroting the argument for invading Iraq. Maybe he should have been Secretary of Defense, in the first place, instead of Secretary of State.

here we go another fish story. Seems this is all Republicans can do, is fish for nothing

Well Mike Ivy do you deny that Rezco was connected to Hussien obama. Raised a lot of money for said annoited shiny one. And now rezco is in the jug obviously becase he was a slime ball crook lawbreaker. Now i know all of you here honsetly believe Hussien is above being questioned that no one shall do anything but fall down in front of him.

WorldNetDaily.com can best be explained by its mission statement:

"WorldNetDaily.com Inc. is an independent news company dedicated to uncompromising journalism, seeking truth and justice and revitalizing the role of the free press as a guardian of liberty. We remain faithful to the traditional and central role of a free press in a free society – as a light exposing wrongdoing, corruption and abuse of power.
-----------------------------------------------------

Like I stated WND is a handy news service to have on your Conservative Political side or cause.

Proof of this is they neglected mentioning the "Keating Five". Latest figures on that scam are a price of 1.2 to 3.5 Billion. No matter how much WND or John McBush overlooks it its still there.

But then after all WND is dedicated to uncompromising journalism.

It will all come out in the wash,,The Election will decide it.