Return to Website

The Ivy Division Forum

WELCOME to THE IVY DIVISION Message Forum 
THIS website is a private SUPPORT SITE for 4th ID veterans, active duty soldiers, family members, friends and everyone who supports our troops no matter how you feel about our leaders. Troublemakers, gossips. trolls, liars, etc are NOT welcome here. Posts that defame,, humiliate and/or intimidate other posters or the webmaster will be deleted without notice or comment. Please read the rules on the Main Page, thank you!
This forum has a long history, by interent standards anyway-unfortunately it has been abandoned for far too long due to real life circumstances knocking the heck out of what had been my very real desire to keep this board alive and well forever so that all of us could meet here and communicate with each other everyday.

I'm not sure that a forum like this is even needed nowadays since the advent of facebook, etc...but I hope that this once thriving BB does bring some of us back together again and that maybe some new folks will join us as well!   
Webmaster: Bob Poff, C-1-8, 1968-1969 robert8h@yahoo.com
Thank You for Visiting The Ivy Division.com!
Open 24 Hours a Day, 365 Days a Year
Friends of The Ivy Division
A.B.,HONORARY GRUNT!
jinks' www.vietnamvets.com messageboard
Jim Bury's Ivy Dragoons website
Redleg's 4ID Forum

The IVY Division is back, the love of my life
Julie and I are married and we welcome
you Back to the IVY Division Forum!!!

The Ivy Division Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
John McCain Requested and Received Over $60 Million In Pork Projects

John McCain Requested and Received Over $60 Million In Pork Projects
Progressive Media USA Research
PUBLISHED: June 10, 2008

Rhetoric: McCain Claims To Have Never Accepted An Earmark Or Pork Barrel Project

Today McCain Said: John McCain claimed, "I am proud never to have sought or obtained an earmark for my state of Arizona, and my state of Arizona is proud of me for it and I'm grateful for that." [McCain Remarks To The National Federation of Independent Businesses; 6/10/08]

Not the First time ... In March John McCain said, "In 24 years as a member of the United States Congress, I have never asked for nor received a single earmark or pork barrel project for my state" [CNN, "Lou Dobbs This Week," 3/16/08]

Reality: McCain Has Asked For Multiple Pork Projects

New York Times: McCain Got $56 Million for Project. In 2000, the New York Times reported, "Senator Robert C. Byrd, Democrat of West Virginia, and a number of Republicans who have been criticized by M r. McCain said he had also advanced his own wasteful projects in Arizona, including a $56 million authorization for an environmental and habitat restoration project along the Salt River." [New York Times, 2/18/00]

New York Times: McCain Got $3 Million for Road Project. In 2000, the New York Times reported, "Senator Robert C. Byrd, Democrat of West Virginia, and a number of Republicans who have been criticized by M r. McCain said he had also advanced his own wasteful projects in Arizona, including...$3 million for the Turquoise Trail, a joint effort of the Navajo and Hopi tribes." [New York Times, 2/18/00]

New York Times: McCain Got $4.2 Million for Tucson Center. In 2000, the New York Times reported, "Senator Robert C. Byrd, Democrat of West Virginia, and a number of Republicans who have been criticized by Mr. McCain said he had also advanced his own wasteful projects in Arizona, including...$4.2 million to create a national mediation center in Tucson." [New York Times, 2/12/00]

Re: John McCain Requested and Received Over $60 Million In Pork Projects

I reied to find some connection to John Mc Cain and these wasteful projects mentioned by The NYT and Robert Byrd . who has his name on almost everything in the state of West Virginia most especially the meeting hall of the KKK. He was grand wizard when he was leader of the democrat party
to be expected.
anyway the salt river project was started a hundred years ago. It was the first project under the reclaimation act. I could find no mention of Mc cain.
The turquise trail is in New Mexico. I wouldnt belive the new York t
Times or robert Byrd on anything.
Now barackHUSSIENobamas mrs works for a hospital in chicago . He got that hospital several hundred thousands of dollars in earmarks . She got ( i believe) a fifty thousand dollar raise. she became very valuable when he was able to throw taxpayer money to them.

More of that word parsing by McCain. He didn't sponsor an "earmark", at least not recently. But he did write letter to the head of the Environmental Protection Agency, asking that the EPA provide $5 million for a wastewater treatment project in Nogales, Arizona. He suggested that the money come either existing funds or that the EPA could "earmark the amount from an appropriate account."

And he got $14.3 million for an Arizona Air Force Base, and $10 million to the University of Arizona for a center honoring former Chief Justice William Rehnquist. And so on and so on. Nothing actually called "earmarks", but pork all the same.

McCain's ambition has destroyed whatever integrity hey may have had. And based on the way that he treated his first wife, I doubt that he ever had all that much to lose, anyway.

Standing ovation JackB....I live in his state...he is a first class jerk...among other things...all he has managed to do is be captured in VN!!

Joy

Jackie boy the money that is appropriated to the United states air force is for the defense of all of people of the united states. Obviously you dont like the idea of defending the United states. Is that because it gets in the way of your terrorists friends.
And joy John Mc Cain was fight for the united states and its people . He was shot down over enemy territory. Tell me just what you ever did to defend, to protect the United states. Im sure the answer to that is NOTHING

Still doing comedy, eh, Quano? So what you are saying that every dollar ever sent to specific bases located in a given senator's state is pure defense spending, right? And every weapons system that every politician has lobbied for is purely for national defense - and has nothing at all to do with the millions of dollars that it will bring to the politician's state, right?

And you know that you are blowing smoke out of your ass, but then you always have. You just enjoy being a lying asshole.

Ohhh Jacqui are you getting upset can you feel your lower regions being eaten out . How nice. soon it will have you devoured.