Return to Website

The Ivy Division Forum

WELCOME to THE IVY DIVISION Message Forum 
THIS website is a private SUPPORT SITE for 4th ID veterans, active duty soldiers, family members, friends and everyone who supports our troops no matter how you feel about our leaders. Troublemakers, gossips. trolls, liars, etc are NOT welcome here. Posts that defame,, humiliate and/or intimidate other posters or the webmaster will be deleted without notice or comment. Please read the rules on the Main Page, thank you!
This forum has a long history, by interent standards anyway-unfortunately it has been abandoned for far too long due to real life circumstances knocking the heck out of what had been my very real desire to keep this board alive and well forever so that all of us could meet here and communicate with each other everyday.

I'm not sure that a forum like this is even needed nowadays since the advent of facebook, etc...but I hope that this once thriving BB does bring some of us back together again and that maybe some new folks will join us as well!   
Webmaster: Bob Poff, C-1-8, 1968-1969 robert8h@yahoo.com
Thank You for Visiting The Ivy Division.com!
Open 24 Hours a Day, 365 Days a Year
Friends of The Ivy Division
A.B.,HONORARY GRUNT!
jinks' www.vietnamvets.com messageboard
Jim Bury's Ivy Dragoons website
Redleg's 4ID Forum

The IVY Division is back, the love of my life
Julie and I are married and we welcome
you Back to the IVY Division Forum!!!

The Ivy Division Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Countdown Special Comment to McCain

Keith Olbermann takes on John McCain and his campaign managers with another powerful Special Comment on Monday’s Countdown. McCain has consistently voted against our troops, but he and his campaign continue to spread lies and distortions about Barack Obama, painting him as unpatriotic and anti-military, while glossing over his own betrayal of our military on the floor of the Senate

watch http://truthout.blip.tv/#1190524

read it at

http://www.truthout.org/article/mccain-senator-grow-up?print

Re: Countdown Special Comment to McCain

Finally, someone with enought courage to look John McCain in the face and name him for the liar that he is.

Just how credible is this Keith Oberlman? How has Mc cain voted against the troops? Mccain has a son serving in the U s armed Forces. Does the the big eared shiny one have anyone serving defending the United States? The answer is no. When Iran committed an act of war against the U S in 1979 Hussien didnt step up and join to defend the U S and no one would have expected him to fight against a muslim country.

You surely have problems with peoples names since you always have a change of name for them, what is your problem, were you bullied as a child? Surely you did not even watch the video nor read the whole article on what was said.

Funny, isn't it, how it is suddenly important to Duane and his masters for politicians to have some sort of kin serving in the military these days? I mean, you almost wouldn't believe that they had spent the last 7 years saying that it was not important for their current great leader, his cronies, or their children to have done any military service.

It just shows that Duane is in the right party - lying hypocrites all.

McCain has voted against virtually every veterans bill that has put put up for vote since he has been a senator.

Jauqui name the veterans bills he has voted against?
I know that he has said that as far as education benefits are concerned there should be increased benifits for longer service. That is to try and keep people in the volunter force. Because with a volunter force the longer one sewrves the better they can defend the u s . Maybe you democrats dont want capable well trained people defending the U S?
Do you?

Duane you must be like 1 or maybe 2 Veterans who does not know McCains record on Veteran benefits. A lot of it is stated above on what he has not voted for , not showed up to vote. For a Veteran and one who has been in the Senate for what 30+ years his record stinks.

Did you read the above link or watch the video, most liely no

The latest Vet Bill he was against was the Webb New GI Bill. He stated that he was against it Publicly from the Get Go just like his mentor Bush.

Bush opposed it and Vetoed it.Congress voted to OVERIDE the Veto and was passed by both Dems and Republicans. MuBush didn't even show up to vote! Never! AS Former Leader of the VVA ,Bobby Muller stated "McCain has sold out the Veterans"!

I can name others too that "Exxon John" voted against that had to do with Reconstruction of existing VA Hospitals and Construction of new ones. He is nothing but a Carbon Copy of Bush on Veterans Issues!

Also John McBush pushes a Veterans Medical Card that the GAO has stated will raise the Cost of Veterans Health Care Two Fold to Taxpayers Because of the High Cost of Civilian Health Providers. But old "Exxon John" Thinks its a good deal. I'm sure the Health Care Lobbyists have ORDERED him that's the way they want it.

A few Veterans have Questioned Exxon John in his Public Forms about his Veteran Voting Record while in the Senate and he has never answered the Question, but has gotten rather Pi-ssed off about it, I guess he thinks that Vets all over the Country should just go along with his Lies Because of his War Record.

He might have a Honorable Military record but as far as I'm concerned hes one of the WORST Veterans on the Planet.

McCain takes credit for a bill he fought against (again)

McCain takes credit for a bill he fought against (again)
Posted August 18th, 2008 at 2:25 pm

In late June, the Senate approved a war supplemental spending bill, which included the Webb/Hagel GI Bill, expanding educational benefits for veterans. It passed 92 to 6, with John McCain failing to show up to vote. (Barack Obama was there, and he voted with the majority.)

The next day, McCain bragged to an audience in Ohio that “we … agreed to an increase in educational benefits for our veterans.”

Speaking to the Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) today, Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) once again tried to steal credit for the 21st Century G.I. Bill, which McCain had vigorously opposed, even submitting his own proposal to undermine the chances of success for the main bill. Today, McCain told the audience of veterans that he “sought a better bill” and declared the final passage of the GI bill “the result” of his efforts:

“As a political proposition, it would have much easier for me to have just signed on to what I considered flawed legislation. But the people of Arizona, and of all America, expect more from their representatives than that, and instead I sought a better bill. I’m proud to say that the result is a law that better serves our military, better serves military families, and better serves the interests of our country.”

OK, let’s unpack this a bit. First, McCain not only opposed the GI Bill expansion, he actively fought against it. Indeed, he bragged that his opposition to the bill was evidence of his character. McCain not only opposed the bill, he did so for all the wrong reasons. He even went so far as to say the GI Bill expansion would literally “hurt the military.”

And yet, he’s gone from characterizing himself as a supporter to arguing that he personally made the bill even better.

Second, McCain’s argument flatly contradicts what the VFW knows to be true.

VFW’s deputy director for legislative affairs Eric Hilleman: The Graham-Burr-McCain plan is “very partisan and is seen as a way to convolute the GI bill, or to slow the Webb-Hagel proposal down.”

VFW National Commander George Lisicki: “People are leaving after their first enlistment because they are tired of being shot at, and their families are tired of the frequent deployments… Whether they stay in four years or 20, we owe this newest, greatest generation the gift of education.”

In context, McCain was admittedly in a tough spot. The VFW championed the Webb/Hagel bill and made it one of the group’s top legislative priorities of this Congress, while McCain fought against the VFW every step of the way. McCain couldn’t exactly be honest, and address the organization today with an explanation on why he tried to deny veterans better educational benefits.

So, McCain chose Door #2 —
He lied to them, and hoped the veterans in the audience wouldn’t know the difference. The result is a situation in which McCain adds insult to injury — he fought against better benefits for veterans, then he misled veterans about his own efforts.

It’s pretty much the opposite of “support the troops.”