Return to Website

The Ivy Division Forum

WELCOME to THE IVY DIVISION Message Forum 
THIS website is a private SUPPORT SITE for 4th ID veterans, active duty soldiers, family members, friends and everyone who supports our troops no matter how you feel about our leaders. Troublemakers, gossips. trolls, liars, etc are NOT welcome here. Posts that defame,, humiliate and/or intimidate other posters or the webmaster will be deleted without notice or comment. Please read the rules on the Main Page, thank you!
This forum has a long history, by interent standards anyway-unfortunately it has been abandoned for far too long due to real life circumstances knocking the heck out of what had been my very real desire to keep this board alive and well forever so that all of us could meet here and communicate with each other everyday.

I'm not sure that a forum like this is even needed nowadays since the advent of facebook, etc...but I hope that this once thriving BB does bring some of us back together again and that maybe some new folks will join us as well!   
Webmaster: Bob Poff, C-1-8, 1968-1969 robert8h@yahoo.com
Thank You for Visiting The Ivy Division.com!
Open 24 Hours a Day, 365 Days a Year
Friends of The Ivy Division
A.B.,HONORARY GRUNT!
jinks' www.vietnamvets.com messageboard
Jim Bury's Ivy Dragoons website
Redleg's 4ID Forum

The IVY Division is back, the love of my life
Julie and I are married and we welcome
you Back to the IVY Division Forum!!!

The Ivy Division Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Seems Senator Obama's troop pullout date could be close

With the new agreement between the United States and Iraq almost completed it seems that The US and Iraq have agreed on the need for timetables for a withdrawal of American troops, Condoleezza Rice said today although the two have yet to finalise a deal that has been the subject of protracted negotiations.

Iraq says it would like the agreement to include dates for US forces to withdraw from the country, with the US ceasing routine patrols on Iraqi streets by the middle of next year, and withdrawing combat troops by 2010 or 2011. Withdrawal in two years' time would be in line with proposals by the US Democratic presidential candidate, Barack Obama, who wants American troops out by mid-2010.

source article

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/au … =worldnews

Re: Seems Senator Obama's troop pullout date could be close

That was always the plan . when the iraqi peoples own forces were able to handle the fight against the murdering islamic facists the u s would leave. Hussien obama and the democrats wanted to surrender to the terrorists while it looked like it would be politically expedient and they wanted to surrender immediately. If the present day democrats had been around in 1942 -43 when the battle for guadalcanal took the lifes of 7000 americans in 4 months time. All of the dems pelosi reed reid hussien would have surrendered.

That is BS, Quano, and you damned well know it. Bush and cronies fully intended a long-term presence in Iraq. That is why they built all of those big, permanent bases around the country.

The only reason that Bush signed off on any other kind of deal is that Maliki was well on his way to showing the BS that the right wingers have been spreading about the "success of the surge" for the hype that it really has been all along.

Bush wasn't agreeing to any kind of early withdrawals until Maliki and crew started arresting and disarming the Sons of Iraq - those Sunni militias who have been working for the U.S. Army to reduce violence in Sunni areas. You know, those Islamo-fascists that were previously attacking U.S. troops.

And never forget that while your right wing boobs sit around blowing smoke up each other's skirts, Sadr and his boys are still sitting quietly on the sidelines - still there, still armed, and waiting for their opportunity to increase their power.

You mooks can declare victory and clear out, but, unfortunately, saying it does not make it so. Thousands of ruined lives and a trillion dollars of wasted treasure and we are still worse off than we were before we started.

The only person that I heard say the war would end in 2008 was my soldier on leave in 2003. I asked him when he thot it would end. He said it would end in 2008 when a new president took over...Iraq would then go back to civil war..just as it was before we arrived there. This was before the PTSD....

I think he was right!

Joy there was no civil war in Iraq before 2003. There was no way any of the iraq people could rise up aginst Hussien they would be killed at the first indication of revolt. after the gulf war Bush 41 did encouage the peopl to revolt and then when they did and Hussien murdered hundreds of thousands of them . Bush didnt finish what he had started at the end of the Kuwait war . He should have completely and totally destroyed every bit of war making power Hussien had including Hussien himself. Then there would have been no oil for food scandal. And the iraqi people could have had what they have now a start to democratic govt,