Return to Website

The Ivy Division Forum

WELCOME to THE IVY DIVISION Message Forum 
THIS website is a private SUPPORT SITE for 4th ID veterans, active duty soldiers, family members, friends and everyone who supports our troops no matter how you feel about our leaders. Troublemakers, gossips. trolls, liars, etc are NOT welcome here. Posts that defame,, humiliate and/or intimidate other posters or the webmaster will be deleted without notice or comment. Please read the rules on the Main Page, thank you!
This forum has a long history, by interent standards anyway-unfortunately it has been abandoned for far too long due to real life circumstances knocking the heck out of what had been my very real desire to keep this board alive and well forever so that all of us could meet here and communicate with each other everyday.

I'm not sure that a forum like this is even needed nowadays since the advent of facebook, etc...but I hope that this once thriving BB does bring some of us back together again and that maybe some new folks will join us as well!   
Webmaster: Bob Poff, C-1-8, 1968-1969 robert8h@yahoo.com
Thank You for Visiting The Ivy Division.com!
Open 24 Hours a Day, 365 Days a Year
Friends of The Ivy Division
A.B.,HONORARY GRUNT!
jinks' www.vietnamvets.com messageboard
Jim Bury's Ivy Dragoons website
Redleg's 4ID Forum

The IVY Division is back, the love of my life
Julie and I are married and we welcome
you Back to the IVY Division Forum!!!

The Ivy Division Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Look at what the Democrats are doing

Two McCain offices evacuated after letter threat

Look what the Demonical terrorists are already starting to do. So much for freedom in American, if the Democrats have any say.

DENVER (Reuters) - Two offices of John McCain's U.S. presidential campaign, in Colorado and New Hampshire, were evacuated on Thursday, and several staffers were hospitalized, after a threatening letter arrived in the mail containing an unidentified white powder.

The first parcel, described as containing an unspecified threat and a powdery white substance, was opened by a staff member at the campaign's Centennial, Colorado, office, near Denver, at about 3 p.m. local time, Secret Service spokesman Malcolm Wiley said.

Four members of McCain's staff admitted themselves to a nearby hospital, and seven other staff members and four emergency personnel were quarantined as a precaution, Wiley said. He added that those in quarantine were likely to be released later in the evening.

None of the four individuals admitted to the Sky Ridge Medical Center near Denver showed any signs of illness, hospital spokesman Linda Watson told Reuters. Nor did any of the 11 quarantined, the Secret Service said.

Jeff Sadosky, a campaign spokesman in suburban Washington, D.C., said both the Colorado office, which serves as the campaign's south central regional headquarters, and the Manchester, New Hampshire, office, were evacuated immediately.

He and Wiley said the envelope of concern in New Hampshire was initially deemed suspicious because it bore a Denver return address.

How many copycats will there be? Demoncrats all over the country will be inspired to follow suit!!

Looks as if civil war may still be the coming thing as the Demonics willing use any means to justify the end.

Re: Look at what the Democrats are doing

Where is the information proving it was sent by Democrats?????

We could try and put a spin on this story also, But wouldn't it be rather Childish?
=================================================

Gunman kills Democratic Arkansas chief

Posted By ANDREW DEMILLO, THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Posted 7 days ago

A gunman barged into the Arkansas Democratic party headquarters and opened fire Wednesday, fatally wounding the state party chairman before speeding off in his pickup. Police later shot and killed the suspect after a 50- kilometre chase.

Police said they didn't know the motive behind the noontime shooting. They identified the gunman as Timothy Dale Johnson, 51.

Bill Gwatney, 49, chairman of the state Democratic party, died four hours later at University Hospital in Little Rock.

Witnesses said the gunman entered the party offices near the state capitol and said he wanted to see Gwatney about working for the Democrats.

"He said he was interested in volunteering, but that was obviously a lie," said 17-year-old party volunteer Sam Higginbotham. He said the man then pushed past employees to reach the chairman's office, where he fired three times before fleeing in a blue truck.

Gwatney, a former state senator and a Hillary Rodham Clinton superdelegate to the Democratic National Convention this month in Denver, had served 10 years as a state senator.

Clinton and her husband, former president Bill Clinton, issued a statement calling the 49-year-old Gwatney "not only a strong chairman of Arkansas' Democratic party, but . . . also a cherished friend and confidante."

After the shooting, the suspect was chased into Grant County, south of the capital, and apprehended after being shot. Police fired at the man but it wasn't known whether he also suffered self-inflicted injuries.

Moments before the Democratic headquarters shooting, a man with a gun threatened the building manager of the Arkansas State Baptist Convention headquarters seven blocks east. It wasn't known if the incidents were related.

Dan Jordan, the denomination's business manager, said the building manager asked the man what was wrong and that he said "I lost my job."

The state Capitol was locked down for about an hour until police got word the shooter had been captured, said Arkansas State Capitol police Sgt. Charlie Brice.

Karen Ray, executive director of the Republican Party of Arkansas, sent her workers home early "out of an abundance of caution."

"Our hearts go out to everyone at the Democratic headquarters. What a tragedy," Ray said. "This is just a very upsetting, troubling and scary thing for our staff as well."

An impromptu vigil at University Hospital drew Gov. Mike Beebe

and a number of state legislators who had worked with Gwatney.

State house Majority Leader Steve Harrelson was at the state capitol for a news conference on crime and that he didn't know of anyone who would want to harm Gwatney.

"You never think of something like this happening here in Arkansas," Harrelson said.

This doesnt prove anything of course but barackHUSSIENobama did say prior to this incident that John McCain didnt know what he was getting into. Maybe Hussien did.

Your right Duane McCain does not know what he is getting into he has Dementia, haven't you noticed ?

Dementia (from Latin de- "apart, away" mens (genitive mentis) "mind") is the progressive decline in cognitive function due to damage or disease in the brain beyond what might be expected from normal aging.

"Exxon John", doesn't know what he is getting into?

True Statement. That Old Fool also don't know what Country he's in half the time, how many Houses he owns or just what statements he made yesterday.

Mike ivy and jinx and maggie . Mc cain defended the united states . he was fighting your and osama obamas North vietnamese friends who tortured him broke his arms when he refused their offer to be releasd early. barackHUssien obama didt ever lift a finger for the united states or its people and he never will. His home is with the muslim terrorists and you guys know it. He came out of nowhere all doughed up to attend harvard where did that money come from> He had no money except for what Tony Rezco ( who is now in the jail house) gave him . Or in return for what Hussien got for Rezco. John Mc cain is a patriot and always has been. Obama only pretends to be a patriot when ( like all democrats ) it is politically expedient). I believe that Hussien was talking about the muslim terorists he can call on when he said Mc cain didnt know what he was getting into. Remember Nicolas berg havimg his head sawed off , thats what Hussien meant.

Hmmmm! Can't seem to recall having any North Vietnamese friends?? Also never Brought up Exxon Johns POW Military Record, just brought up the fact that the Old Fool can't remember which side of the street he's on most of the time. Besides him turning into one of the biggest Bush a$$ Kissers on the planet!

BTW---Wasn't Exxon John one of the Keating Five, didn't he and Mrs McBarbie get Keatings Private jet anytime they wanted it, stay in a McMansion that belonged to Keating? Sure,"Exxon John", is Squeaky Clean.

Duane and Artilleryman,

I just showed your missives to the local Republican Party steering commmittee and they respectfully asked me to ask you guys to please turn in your decoder rings and propeller hats.

John R...

John R in a years time very likely you and the reat of the dumbocrats will be able to get rid of any one who has the audacity to disagree with you . But not just now. as long as the u s constitution is still in effect here in the United states . I will use my freedom of speech. When Hussien and the islamic terrorists are in complete control of this country then you can decide who may and who may not speak.

Jinxie i'll tell you what side of the street Mc cain is on he is on the side of the United states and the american people. He doesnt want to send 845 billion of the american peoples money to brutal corrupt AFRICAN dictators corrupt U N african bureaucrats like coffee onan like the twelve immam does.

Actually, the original story sounds very much like an old Karl Rove trick. Put some silly crap in the news and blame it on the liberals.

I rather seriously doubt that there was any real threat at all. Just another fraudulent right wing dirty trick.

I was going to comment; but I can't top John R. Right on Bro.

No, he would continue to spend Billions on a Country that will end up stabbing us in the back as soon as the American Tax Payers money runs out.

Looks to me like hes just another Bush going out of his way putting the Iraqis before Americans just to prove a point.

But as I always say, "The Election will be the Final Judge"!