Return to Website

The Ivy Division Forum

WELCOME to THE IVY DIVISION Message Forum 
THIS website is a private SUPPORT SITE for 4th ID veterans, active duty soldiers, family members, friends and everyone who supports our troops no matter how you feel about our leaders. Troublemakers, gossips. trolls, liars, etc are NOT welcome here. Posts that defame,, humiliate and/or intimidate other posters or the webmaster will be deleted without notice or comment. Please read the rules on the Main Page, thank you!
This forum has a long history, by interent standards anyway-unfortunately it has been abandoned for far too long due to real life circumstances knocking the heck out of what had been my very real desire to keep this board alive and well forever so that all of us could meet here and communicate with each other everyday.

I'm not sure that a forum like this is even needed nowadays since the advent of facebook, etc...but I hope that this once thriving BB does bring some of us back together again and that maybe some new folks will join us as well!   
Webmaster: Bob Poff, C-1-8, 1968-1969 robert8h@yahoo.com
Thank You for Visiting The Ivy Division.com!
Open 24 Hours a Day, 365 Days a Year
Friends of The Ivy Division
A.B.,HONORARY GRUNT!
jinks' www.vietnamvets.com messageboard
Jim Bury's Ivy Dragoons website
Redleg's 4ID Forum

The IVY Division is back, the love of my life
Julie and I are married and we welcome
you Back to the IVY Division Forum!!!

The Ivy Division Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
PELOSI MISFIRES AGAIN AT CATHOLIC CHURCH

Catholic League president Bill Donohue comments today on House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s continued dispute with the Catholic Church:

“On August 24, Pelosi contested the fact that the Catholic Church has always been unequivocally opposed to abortion. After being roundly criticized by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, and many individual bishops—led by Denver Archbishop Charles Chaput—as well as ten Catholic congressmen, the Catholic League et al., Pelosi’s office admitted yesterday that ‘Catholic teaching is clear that life begins at conception.’ Unfortunately, after this confession of ignorance, the statement continued by offering the quip that ‘many Catholics do not ascribe to that view.’ The release also said she shared the view of St. Augustine on the subjects of abortion and ensoulment.

“Cardinal George Pell, Archbishop of Melbourne, Australia, wrote in his 1997 book, Issues of Faith and Morals, that St. Augustine ‘believed that the embryo was ensouled at 46 days. Nevertheless, he also believed that it was gravely wrong to kill a formed or unformed fetus.’ It is instructive to note that philosophical discussions about the soul, and research on embryology, continue to advance beyond the knowledge available in the 5th century. In any event, Pelosi will find no relief for her bizarre reasoning by citing St. Augustine, or any other Church Father.

“Nor does her argument gain strength by pointing out that not all Catholics agree with the Church on this subject. So what? There are plenty of Catholics living a life rife with sin that seek to justify their behavior by saying they disagree with the Church on the source of their delinquency. What the House Speaker doesn’t get is that the Church is no more a democracy than the Democratic and Republican parties are: none arrive at conclusions based on referenda. Moreover, in the instance of the Catholic Church, the Magisterium is not the functional equivalent of the DNC or the RNC.

“Maybe that’s the source of Pelosi’s confusion—she really doesn’t understand the difference between the teaching authority of the Catholic Church and the DNC.”

Re: PELOSI MISFIRES AGAIN AT CATHOLIC CHURCH

Do we have a lot - or any - of folks from Pelosi's California district on this board? If not, what's the point. We don't have anything to do with her one way or another.

Trust me, if I did I would certainly be ready to vote against her. She did the country such an incredible disservice by refusing to consider any impeachment efforts against Bush, Cheney and his other criminal buddies.

jacqui do you have evidence of such criminal acts if so the why dont you go to washington with your ak 47 storm the white house take both Bush and cheny into custody. You wont because all you are is an ugly bag of foul smelling wind. Prove me wrong storm the white house with bullets flying . Take jinx and the rest here with you.

Trying to incite a riot and create a threat against the President of the United States, Duane? Better take care, fool, the Secret Service might consider that a crime worth investigating.

The crimes that I referred to are clear and I have listed them many times in the past, so I will not do so again.

And if you are trying to insult me, dufus, you are going to have to try harder. Because you are, without question, one of those people about whose opinion I do not give even the tiniest little shit.

Didn't have a dog in this fight, but since my name was mentioned:

Was that an Insult? Sounded more like one of those Little School Girl Rants to me from the local Village Idiot.

The day I take anything Duane says serious I go out back and swim with my lake Gators!

BTW- If I do go to the White House, I think I will just wait until next year and take the "O-TRAIN"!!

Duane with all the hate that you have for Senator Obama as evident by all your commnets on this forum, maybe it is time to turn these over to the proper governmental agency to look into if there is any threat to our national security.

Mike ivy i know you believe like all most all democraqts that no one least of all an american can question the chosen (by the islamic Terrorist) one that he is not to be questioned . But i dont care what you or any of the other islamic lovers on here think. I will use my freedom of speech as long as i can for im sure this time next year if the chosen one gets complete control of this country there will be no freedom of speech in this country. even you people will have to toe the line.

duane who is listening to your phone call now..president bush and the CIA.

jacqui you obviously convicted Bush of all those crimes. and since you have already convicted him then doesnt if make sense that you should also take him into custody and carry out the sentence. Of course he has no right to a fair jury trial in your world. That doesnt exist in your world as im sure it isnt in Hussiens world either.
The biggest crime he commited in your view was defending the united states against your very good friends the islamic terrorists Osama bi Ladin Saddam Hussien. Remmeber there have been no attacks against the U S since 0/11 2001. And there have been no attacks against iraqi children women . Attacks that murdered blew them to bits hundreds of unsuspecting kids women. That must really gravel your ass that the terorists can no longer murder people with impunity.
You never ever said anything against those kids women being murdered . None of you did .

Quote:
"You never ever said anything against those kids women being murdered . None of you did"

Excellent Statement! Im sure everyone on this board will FOR ONCE agree with you. Glad to see your finally telling the truth! Keep up the good Work!

Hey, Duane, how do you know what this jacqui person that you refer to is thinking? Do you have some kind of secret tool or talent that lets you see other people's thoughts? Personally, I tend to doubt that, since I have never seen any evidence that you actually have any real thoughts of your own.

So maybe you are just a batshit nuts yob who likes to project your own weak mental dribblings onto other people?