Return to Website

The Ivy Division Forum

WELCOME to THE IVY DIVISION Message Forum 
THIS website is a private SUPPORT SITE for 4th ID veterans, active duty soldiers, family members, friends and everyone who supports our troops no matter how you feel about our leaders. Troublemakers, gossips. trolls, liars, etc are NOT welcome here. Posts that defame,, humiliate and/or intimidate other posters or the webmaster will be deleted without notice or comment. Please read the rules on the Main Page, thank you!
This forum has a long history, by interent standards anyway-unfortunately it has been abandoned for far too long due to real life circumstances knocking the heck out of what had been my very real desire to keep this board alive and well forever so that all of us could meet here and communicate with each other everyday.

I'm not sure that a forum like this is even needed nowadays since the advent of facebook, etc...but I hope that this once thriving BB does bring some of us back together again and that maybe some new folks will join us as well!   
Webmaster: Bob Poff, C-1-8, 1968-1969 robert8h@yahoo.com
Thank You for Visiting The Ivy Division.com!
Open 24 Hours a Day, 365 Days a Year
Friends of The Ivy Division
A.B.,HONORARY GRUNT!
jinks' www.vietnamvets.com messageboard
Jim Bury's Ivy Dragoons website
Redleg's 4ID Forum

The IVY Division is back, the love of my life
Julie and I are married and we welcome
you Back to the IVY Division Forum!!!

The Ivy Division Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Legion to VA: Outsourcing is Not the Answer

If you do some research here, you will find out that one of the leading companies in on the outsourcing Bids is none other than "QTC.MGT". Our Own Current Sec. of the VA (Ret. Gen. Peake) sat on the Board of Directors and Played a large part in its Creation!

But then you will never find the words, "Conflict Of Interest", anywhere in the Republican Dictionary!

=========================================

Legion to VA: Outsourcing is Not the Answer

PHOENIX, /PRNewswire-USNewswire via COMTEX/ -- Any plans the Department of Veterans Affairs has to hire outside contractors to launch a new GI Bill, or to bring in outside companies to inspect state veterans homes, will face fierce objection from the world's largest veterans organization. The American Legion, meeting here for its 90th National Convention, passed resolutions Monday to head off any intentions VA has to outsource either the new GI Bill or the inspections.

"Our newest generation of veterans deserve the benefits administered by the Dept. of Veterans Affairs, not outside contractors," said Marty Conatser, national commander of The American Legion. "Patients, critics and most media all cite the outstanding job the VA is doing. Outsourcing is not the answer."

Reports are circulating that VA is planning to hire an outside company to implement the Post 9/11 Veterans Education Assistance Act - the new GI Bill - which was signed on June 30 and is expected to take effect Aug. 1, 2009. The new bill dramatically improves education benefits for veterans and their families, eliminates a $1,200 buy-in now charged to military personnel and expands services for members of the National Guard and Reserve components.
Rep. Harry Mitchell, D-Ariz., told Legionnaires he was surprised and disappointed that VA may be looking to outsource the GI Bill project. "I just cannot believe that we'd ever allow this to happen," Mitchell told The American Legion on Saturday. "The level of service won't be the same."

In the resolution opposing outsourcing the new GI Bill, The American Legion argued that VA should hire the staff necessary to fulfill the law's requirements. The Legion, which strongly opposes the movement toward outsourcing critical services that could be handled internally at VA, also passed a resolution opposing efforts to hire outside companies to perform inspections on state veterans homes which have always been performed by trained VA staff.

SOURCE American Legion

Re: Legion to VA: Outsourcing is Not the Answer

now on this subject outsourcing of v a services . Most veterans sole contact with the V a is for perscriptions. It cost the individual $8 perscription for 30 days plus the cost of filling mailing to theo individual,
Wal Mart advertises $4. per perscription for 30 days.
10 dollars for 90 days for 300 drugs. Now that would be outsurceing that would make sense for everyone except the professional veterans

Duane,

Once again You show your LACK OF Knowledge of Veterans Issues

Anyone that has the slightest clue on how the VA operates should know that Drugs are not the cost problem.

The VA "SHOPS" the industry and gets its drugs at a pre negotiated rate of up to 25% LESS the going Civilian Prescription market, in fact the VA drug program has been called,"one of the best in the nation".

So really, WHO Cares if the Vet pays a 4 dollar co-pay when in the end WalMart will charge the VA 25% MORE for the Drug? Its not the Co-Pay that's an issue its the Final cost that is charged to the VA. I say pay the 4 dollar Co-Pay to the VA and then get the prescriptions at the VA lower rate and a lot of Tax payer Money is saved.

"Exxon Johns" Card only concerns Medical Treatment. CIVILLIAN MEDICAL TREATMENT that is much more costly than VA Medical treatment. Some estimates say that it will cost 10 Billion More to implement "The Card" because of the cost of Civilian Doctors.

"Exxon John McFossil" is just pushing HIS VA card because of Lobbying Pressure and not to mention that he is not a Fan of Veterans Medical Care or Veterans as a matter of fact.

As far as Me Being a "Professional Veteran", I say this, "If helping the Younger Veterans that are getting Screwed around by the VA to get care or just helping a Veteran with paperwork to get a Home loan or get into a Shelter makes me a "Professional Veteran", Than So Be It and I am FU*King proud of it!

I Would Much rather Be Called a "PROFESSIONAL VETERAN", Than be Called a Professional REPUBLICAN ANTI-VET Like YOU ARE!

You might take the time to read the Veterans Benefits Handbook to educate yourself to keep from looking like such an Idiot,, but then I really think that Education of any kind would be waisted on People Like You.

Wal-Mart's $4 price only applies to some prescriptions. I know some Veterans, my Brother included, who do go to Wal-mart for those drugs which are cheaper. However, as I said, the Wal-mart price does not apply to all medications. I have never looked into it; but I shudder to think what my meds would cost if I had to get them from a civillian pharmacy. If Wal-Mart works for you - Go for it! but don't force me to go with you. The $8 VA co-pay is still the best bargain in health care.