Return to Website

The Ivy Division Forum

WELCOME to THE IVY DIVISION Message Forum 
THIS website is a private SUPPORT SITE for 4th ID veterans, active duty soldiers, family members, friends and everyone who supports our troops no matter how you feel about our leaders. Troublemakers, gossips. trolls, liars, etc are NOT welcome here. Posts that defame,, humiliate and/or intimidate other posters or the webmaster will be deleted without notice or comment. Please read the rules on the Main Page, thank you!
This forum has a long history, by interent standards anyway-unfortunately it has been abandoned for far too long due to real life circumstances knocking the heck out of what had been my very real desire to keep this board alive and well forever so that all of us could meet here and communicate with each other everyday.

I'm not sure that a forum like this is even needed nowadays since the advent of facebook, etc...but I hope that this once thriving BB does bring some of us back together again and that maybe some new folks will join us as well!   
Webmaster: Bob Poff, C-1-8, 1968-1969 robert8h@yahoo.com
Thank You for Visiting The Ivy Division.com!
Open 24 Hours a Day, 365 Days a Year
Friends of The Ivy Division
A.B.,HONORARY GRUNT!
jinks' www.vietnamvets.com messageboard
Jim Bury's Ivy Dragoons website
Redleg's 4ID Forum

The IVY Division is back, the love of my life
Julie and I are married and we welcome
you Back to the IVY Division Forum!!!

The Ivy Division Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
John McSame picks his VP.

Alaska's Republican Gov. Sarah Palin.

Actually not a bad pick.

I like the fact that she Fully backed the windfall tax that Alaska slapped the Oil Companies with. Brought in about 10 Billion to the State not including Royalties and the citizens of Alaska all got Checks in the mail from it.

RAH! To the Republican Vice Presidential Pick! Its simply great to see a Chick sticking it to Big Oil!

I wonder if "Exxon John" knew all this. Or maybe he just forgot??

Re: John McSame picks his VP.

You really have to love it - McCain picked a candidate with 20 months experience as governor of a state with only 700,000 people. We have mayors who govern 5-10 times that many people.

Her only previous governmental experience was on the town council of a town with about 8,500 people, followed by two terms as mayor of that same town.

Oh, and she is currently under an ethics investigation in Alaska. Curiouser and Curiouser.

I guess that McCain decided that experience wasn't quite as important as he originally was saying. Kind of makes his "Obama is not ready" statement a joke, doesn't it.

And the golden chosen (by hamas and hezbolah to be the U S president )one has exactly 140 days experience in the United states senate. He was a organiser in Chicago. which noone knows waht that means . He has lots of experience with Tony Rezco. Rezco got him a house . A million dollar house when according to the chosen ones own book he was earning $12, 000 a year. And Sarah Palin was a buisiness woman her husband works on the north slope , is a member of the united steel workers. she has a far better resume than Hussien. Do you suppose that he ever signed up for Selective service when he became 18. If he was or is an american. He has never produced a birth certiicate. Why not? Probably because one does not exist . Maybe he was born in Kenya.

I still get a hoot out of a Chosen VP Republican Chick Shoving it to Major Oil, Something that John McBush has been preaching against since day one. Then he turns around and picks her.

So now I guess he can't use the Non-Experience Blab along with the Oil Company Windfall Tax Blab because he picked someone that contradicts both issues and if he does, He just gave the Dems a whole truckload of ammo to use against him.

And if they bring up that Obama Real estate crap like Duane keeps bringing it up, I say just do an end around and hit "Exxon John" with the Keating Scandal and how he was let off the hook!

Bring on the Election

Yeah, Jinks, now that they have a VP candidate who piled big time taxes on the oil industry in Alaska, it is going to be funny to watch the die-hard right wingers figuring out a way to cover up their claims that taxing would stop any new exploration or exploitation of resources.

Another interesting item is that Palin also has moved to revoke Exxon Mobil's license to develop oil and natural gas at at Point Thomson, one of Alaska's known fields. She says that Exxon has been delierately sitting on their hands without even trying to develop the North Slope reserves.

Gee, that sounds a whole lot like what Obama and the demomcrats have been saying, doesn't it? That the oil companies are clamoring for new leases in unexplored areas like offshore and ANWAR, even thought they are not developing the leases that they already hold. And, hell, why should they when they just made more quarterly profits than any compnay ever.

But, hey, Quano, you just keep that comedy coming! Your party is going to need all of the lying bastards they can find between now and the election. I am afraid that they will need better liars than you, though.

Jinx and jacqui no doubt you two would be far more in favor of the chinese communist Russian Iranian oil cos developing the resources of the United states. More suited to your particular ideolegy . Correct. It is the common practice for their being a time limit on oil leases usually ten years . How idiotic of you two to rhink that any oil co would not develop the lease if they thought there was oil under it. Its just the hatred you two have for free enterprise and anything that smacks of america. You both love communism so much.

Actually, Quano, it has already been established that there IS oil under the Point Thomson slope. Exxon has simply seen no need to develop the field - why should they when they can make record profits by simply raising the prices of existing stocks?

You see, Dufus, it was because they were not drilling for known reserves that the governor of Alaska - your new pride and joy as VP candidate - revoked Exxon's lease. Exxon is trying to get the lease back and they are claiming that they are now prepared to drill immediately.

The realiy, Quano, is that the corporations that you worship are international corporations, not American coprorations and their only loyalty is to the money that they make.

Someone please enlighten me on just What The Fu*k Duane is talking about.

His Own Republican Presidential Candidate, John McStupid, picks a Republican Woman Candidate for VP that Taxed the Crap out of a the Oil Companies in Alaska to the tune of 10 Billion, then Gives the Citizens of Alaska each a $1200 Dollar Check from that Tax, and then he calls others a Communist.

You might not realize it Bucko, but I believe that Palin just set the Stage for every other Gulf Oil Producing state to Follow suit. Practically the same offer was laid on the table to Florida,(By the Republicans and Major Oil) if they would agree to move the ban to 50 miles of its coastline.

If there's any one here that is actively supporting Taxing Big Oil Business and then giving the money to the American Citizens its Palin and John McStupid who picked her.

Truthfully, I'm glad to see someone like Palin stand up to the Oil Companies for sitting on their oil Leases, it shows me that it can be done, Use it or loose it! She appears to be the ONLY Republican that I know of Including "Exxon John McFossil", that isn't KISSING Big Oils A$$es!

Shes also the ONLY Republican that has done just what Obama has been talking about. I guess "Exxon John McOil" had another Senior Moment when he picked her.

Noo what the golden one the twelve imama and the democrats are advocating and what they will do when they gain complete control of this country is confiscating every bit of private property in this country/
Except for the monr=ey and property Taa rezz aa heinz and her boy toy with the long tounge and the horseface hanoi John. Remember Oama obama stated last summer in regon that americans would no longer be able to drive their cars eat three times a day heat their houses. All of this americans have paid for. He said that The americans are going to have to ask for permission from AFrican countrys no doubt Kenya beforoe they eat before they turn their furnaces on. Osama obama wants to send 845 billion american dollars to african dictators and the corrupt african bureaucrats in the U N. Ho much of that will be funnelled back to him . Ofcourse that is a moot point for when he takes complete control of this country there will be no or very few americans here.

WOW!

I guess that's the kind of post you can expect after at least 4 bottles of "Prescription Cough Syrup" have been consumed by the poster.

That's the only rational explanation I can come up with...CHEERS!.....and Party on Dude!

Actually, to reach that particular level of disconnect, I suspect that Quano may have been slipping some cow pasture mushrooms into his stew.

noo no the great shiny one the messiah( moslem) did speak those words at a campaign appearence in oregon last may. He said americans could no longer drive their SUVs , eat three meals a day, and heat their houses without asking for permission from other countrys. Probabably Kenya . then he got into a large SUv and drove off . He could do that because he is not an american and therefore not bound by what he said.

Quano, just when I think that I have seen just how big of an ignorant ass you are, you prove me wrong by saying one more thing even dumber than before.

So listen up, dumbass: noooo he did not say those words in a speech in Oregon. He did not say that we had to ask any country anything, let alone ask them permission to do anything.

And you, lie-breath, did not see anything like that in any speech that Obama gave.

Here is what he said, dufus:

"We can't drive our SUVs and, you know, eat as much as we want and keep our homes on, you know, 72 degrees at all times, whether we're living in the desert or we're living in the tundra, and then just expect every other country is going to say OK, you know, you guys go ahead keep on using 25 percent of the world's energy, even though you only account for 3 percent of the population, and we'll be fine. Don't worry about us. That's not leadership."

Nothing in there about asking permission for anything, Quano. Just a statement recognizing the reality that the rest of the world is not going to keep laying down while we Americans consume the lion's share of the world's resources.

If you want proof that he is right, just consider the fact that the Iraqis have just used their new found freedom to sign a deal to allow the CHINESE to develop and exploit their oil fields. After we spent all that money and all those lives on them, they are going to leave us sucking hind tit.