Return to Website

The Ivy Division Forum

WELCOME to THE IVY DIVISION Message Forum 
THIS website is a private SUPPORT SITE for 4th ID veterans, active duty soldiers, family members, friends and everyone who supports our troops no matter how you feel about our leaders. Troublemakers, gossips. trolls, liars, etc are NOT welcome here. Posts that defame,, humiliate and/or intimidate other posters or the webmaster will be deleted without notice or comment. Please read the rules on the Main Page, thank you!
This forum has a long history, by interent standards anyway-unfortunately it has been abandoned for far too long due to real life circumstances knocking the heck out of what had been my very real desire to keep this board alive and well forever so that all of us could meet here and communicate with each other everyday.

I'm not sure that a forum like this is even needed nowadays since the advent of facebook, etc...but I hope that this once thriving BB does bring some of us back together again and that maybe some new folks will join us as well!   
Webmaster: Bob Poff, C-1-8, 1968-1969 robert8h@yahoo.com
Thank You for Visiting The Ivy Division.com!
Open 24 Hours a Day, 365 Days a Year
Friends of The Ivy Division
A.B.,HONORARY GRUNT!
jinks' www.vietnamvets.com messageboard
Jim Bury's Ivy Dragoons website
Redleg's 4ID Forum

The IVY Division is back, the love of my life
Julie and I are married and we welcome
you Back to the IVY Division Forum!!!

The Ivy Division Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Obama's "Lipstick on a Pig" Comment.

Obama's "Lipstick on a Pig" Comment.

Seems to me that Obama , according to the John McRove campaign aimed that comment at the "Queen of the Caribou", his VP Pick.

All of a sudden the Republicans seem to be jumping on the "Political Correctness Wagon" that they have been criticizing the Democrats for using for years.

Was Obama's comment directed at Palin or was it directed at the Train Wreck Policies that The Bush Administration has done to this country the past 8 years that John McOld has supported? You make the call on that.

Now if I was in Obama's shoes, I would have probably put it this way:

"You can take a couple of Lying Scum Bags and dress them up in suits and then have them stand in front of the Country and talk about Changes and blow Rainbow Colored Smoke up U.S. citizens a$$es, But at the end of the day they are still nothing but a couple of Lying Scum bags"!

But I ain't running. I Got a lot more important things going on in life.

Re: Obama's "Lipstick on a Pig" Comment.

With less words, you might say:

You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear!!

Joy

But you can make a nice briefcase out of moose ear...

My favorite line from this silliness came when Obama was talking to Letterman. He said that if he had wanted to include Governor Palin in the "Putting lipstick on a pig" metaphor, Palin would have been the lipstick, not the pig.

Did ya all hear the one about McCain and Obama going to the barbershop? Well he it is.lol.

They went to the barbershop getting a haircut and shave.

Obama's barber after finishing started to put aftershave on him.Obama said Oh nooooooo,my wife would think I had been in a whorehouse.

McCain told his barber go ahead and put aftershave on me.Cindy doesn't know what a whorehouse smellS like.LMAO

I am sure this will offend someone on the bb.
but all's well that ends well

GOOOOOOOOOO MCCAIN/PALIN

Ah, so you were deliberately trying to offend people? Boy, you are certainly in the right party.

Wow! Suzq,

That was hilarious and would have been really funny if I hadn't have heard variations of it since I was in the 3rd grade.

I had commented that speechs at the Republican convention seemed to be directed to a junior high school audience and Suzq you have just validated that.

John R...

Anyone realize that mcCain used this same expression at Hillary a while back.

It could have been a slight, but in reality he was addressing the Republican party.

Come on, John R..., lighten up it was just a silly joke...and by the way how do you know the speeches at the RNC weren’t dumbed down so that Democrats could understand them?

well lets try another one. A salesman knocks on Obama's door one of his daughters answers. The salseman asks is your momma home. the girl says no shes at the whore house. You mean she's a prostitute. No the girls says she's a substitute works weds and sats. How about that.

Lipstick on a Buffoon.

Duane,

Suzyq’s post was a silly joke...your post is an example of bad taste. Comparing the two posts I’ve concluded that you think if someone knows what something smells like then they are that...

So that got me to thinking...I bet that being from rural state with lots of cattle and horses Duane knows exactly what a piece of shit would smell like.

Actually John McBush told the best one I have heard Yet, the other Day When he said that the "Economy is Fundamentally sound"!

That was a Joke wasn't it?????

So jinx you dont think the united states is fundementaly sound . It is it has the american people . Who can fix the problems this country is confronted with. But you have no faith in america or the american people. You have faith in communisim. Red china Russia cuba.

Duane: So you believe the ECONOMY is "Fundamentally Sound"
Stocks sink after government bailout of AIG
By MADLEN READ, AP Business Writer
50 MINUTES AGO
NEW YORK - Wall Street stumbled again Wednesday, with anxieties about the financial system still running high even after the government bailed out the insurer American International Group Inc. The Dow Jones industrial average dropped about 300 points.

The Federal Reserve is giving a two-year, $85 billion loan to AIG in exchange for a nearly 80 percent stake in the insurer, after it lost billions in the risky business of insuring against bond defaults. Wall Street had feared that the conglomerate, which has its tentacles in various financial services industries around the world, would follow the investment bank Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. into bankruptcy.

"People are scared to death," said Bill Stone, chief investment strategist for PNC Wealth Management. "Who would have imagined that AIG would have gotten into this position?"

He said the fear gripping the market reflects investors' concerns that AIG wasn't able to find a lifeline in the private sector and that Wall Street is now fretting about what other institutions could falter.

The two independent Wall Street investment banks left standing _ Goldman Sachs Group Inc. and Morgan Stanley _ remain under scrutiny, as does Washington Mutual Inc., the country's largest thrift bank. Morgan Stanley revealed its quarterly earnings early late Tuesday, posting a better-than-expected 7 percent slide in fiscal third-quarter profit. It insisted that it is surviving the credit crisis that has ravaged many of its peers.

Lehman filed for bankruptcy protection on Monday, and by late Tuesday had sold its North American investment banking and trading operations to Barclays, Britain's third-largest bank, for the bargain price of $250 million. Over the weekend, Merrill Lynch, the world's largest brokerage, sold itself in a last-ditch effort to avoid failure to Bank of America Corp.

The troubles in the financial sector could exacerbate the problems facing the weak U.S. economy, given that individuals and businesses rely on the nation's money centers.

The Commerce Department reported Wednesday that new home construction fell by 6.2 percent in August to 895,000 units, the slowest building pace since January 1991. Slumping demand for houses, sinking home prices and mortgage defaults have been the catalysts behind Wall Street's turmoil _ and the risky mortgage-backed assets held by the nation's banks are not apt to regain in value until the housing market turns around.

The Dow fell 298.00, or 2.69 percent, to 10,761.02 a day after Wall Street regained some of Monday's nosedive, in which the blue chips fell 504 points. The index is down more than 5 percent on the week, and has fallen more than 23 percent since reaching a record close of 14,164.53 on Oct. 9 last year.

Broader stock indicators also plunged. The Standard & Poor's 500 index dropped 42.68, or 3.52 percent, to 1,170.92, while the Nasdaq composite index fell 76.11, or 3.45 percent, to 2,131.79.

The stock market is likely to see heavy back-and-forth movement as traders continue to assess the flood of news that has poured in over the past several days.

On Monday, the Dow lost 504 points, the largest tumble since its drop following the September 2001 terror attacks. On Tuesday, it rose 141 points, after the Fed decided to leave interest rates unchanged.

"It's still uncertain ground we're treading. We just have to move on a daily basis," said Jack A. Ablin, chief investment officer at Harris Private Bank.

The Ship's Band will now play "Nearer My God To Thee" for your listening, and dancing, pleasure.

GEE! You mean it really wasn't a Joke.

I thought that it was pretty Funny Duane, just like I think that all your statements are! I mean, your posts are Totally Nonsense or they are really off the wall Hilarious. Especially the part about Communism you keep bringing up.

And I got to say, your posts do not Keep me on my toes as you seem to think, in fact they bore the sh-it out of me and put me to sleep, just like John McFossil does when he can't remember the same speech he makes over and over...If I wanted Stupid I'll just listen to Old "Give me the Oxys" Limbaugh or watch that Pimp Hannity on the Fox Box.

Hell, I'd rather swim with the Gators...........

Hey Doc!

Pretty long, Im givin 75 to 1 he never gets past the first paragraph...

Jinks: No bet. Duane probably never got past the first paragraph in his first grade reader.

Duane get with the program,that is if you can read it.lol.

LOL Mad Doc....I must say...have never DANCED to "Nearer My God to Thee"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joy