Return to Website

The Ivy Division Forum

WELCOME to THE IVY DIVISION Message Forum 
THIS website is a private SUPPORT SITE for 4th ID veterans, active duty soldiers, family members, friends and everyone who supports our troops no matter how you feel about our leaders. Troublemakers, gossips. trolls, liars, etc are NOT welcome here. Posts that defame,, humiliate and/or intimidate other posters or the webmaster will be deleted without notice or comment. Please read the rules on the Main Page, thank you!
This forum has a long history, by interent standards anyway-unfortunately it has been abandoned for far too long due to real life circumstances knocking the heck out of what had been my very real desire to keep this board alive and well forever so that all of us could meet here and communicate with each other everyday.

I'm not sure that a forum like this is even needed nowadays since the advent of facebook, etc...but I hope that this once thriving BB does bring some of us back together again and that maybe some new folks will join us as well!   
Webmaster: Bob Poff, C-1-8, 1968-1969 robert8h@yahoo.com
Thank You for Visiting The Ivy Division.com!
Open 24 Hours a Day, 365 Days a Year
Friends of The Ivy Division
A.B.,HONORARY GRUNT!
jinks' www.vietnamvets.com messageboard
Jim Bury's Ivy Dragoons website
Redleg's 4ID Forum

The IVY Division is back, the love of my life
Julie and I are married and we welcome
you Back to the IVY Division Forum!!!

The Ivy Division Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My Question is???????????

Should the Homeless be allowed to vote? Most here in Florida do carry picture ID cards issued by the State but have no address.

In fact I have two RVN Vets in my Vet. Group that live in their vans, both have DLs, Gov. Issued IDs, pay auto insurance but have no real home address. They say that they can't vote because of no address.

Should these people be allowed to vote?

Re: My Question is???????????

Yes they should be allowed to vote and have every right to vote.

where do they get their mail?

I believe that some ounties in some states have provisions for the homeless to vote. I know that it is an issue that has been brought up in Cook county, IL.

Mike

The Vets have PO Boxes but I guess that the Vote address requirements are you must have a Street Address.

In Montana a box number serves as a address because it is an address. even just the name of the locality a person lives in is enough. there a lot of small communitys that do not have street addresss.
Of course each state can decide its requirements . That is the states perogative.

Good point Duane: As long as this is where your receive your mail, and it is shown on your ID, it should be considered valid.
Of course every locale has different circumstances. I would imagine that in your, neck-of-the-woods, something like C/O Smith Ranch CR6 Custer Co. WYO. Would work as an adress. In urban areas we have to be a little more specific. A typical nieghborhood may have 100,000 residents. In this case I would say a PO box would work - PROVIDED that is the address listed on your drivers license or state ID.