Return to Website

The Ivy Division Forum

WELCOME to THE IVY DIVISION Message Forum 
THIS website is a private SUPPORT SITE for 4th ID veterans, active duty soldiers, family members, friends and everyone who supports our troops no matter how you feel about our leaders. Troublemakers, gossips. trolls, liars, etc are NOT welcome here. Posts that defame,, humiliate and/or intimidate other posters or the webmaster will be deleted without notice or comment. Please read the rules on the Main Page, thank you!
This forum has a long history, by interent standards anyway-unfortunately it has been abandoned for far too long due to real life circumstances knocking the heck out of what had been my very real desire to keep this board alive and well forever so that all of us could meet here and communicate with each other everyday.

I'm not sure that a forum like this is even needed nowadays since the advent of facebook, etc...but I hope that this once thriving BB does bring some of us back together again and that maybe some new folks will join us as well!   
Webmaster: Bob Poff, C-1-8, 1968-1969 robert8h@yahoo.com
Thank You for Visiting The Ivy Division.com!
Open 24 Hours a Day, 365 Days a Year
Friends of The Ivy Division
A.B.,HONORARY GRUNT!
jinks' www.vietnamvets.com messageboard
Jim Bury's Ivy Dragoons website
Redleg's 4ID Forum

The IVY Division is back, the love of my life
Julie and I are married and we welcome
you Back to the IVY Division Forum!!!

The Ivy Division Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
"We Desreve It Dividend"

I was just thinking.............................

I'm against the $700,000,000,000.00 bailout of Wall Street.

Instead, I'm in favor of giving $700,000,000,000 to America in a "We Deserve It Dividend".

To make the math simple, let's assume there are 200,000,000 bona fide U.S. Citizens 18 . Our population is about 301,000,000 /- counting every man, woman and child. So 200,000,000 might be a fair stab at adults 18 and up. So divide 200 million adults 18 into $700 billion that equals $3,500,000.00.

My plan is to give $3,500,000 to every person 18 as a "We Deserve It Dividend".

Of course, it would NOT be tax free. So let's assume a tax rate of 30%.
Every individual 18 has to pay $1,050, 00.00 in taxes. That sends $210,000,000,000 right back to Uncle Sam.

But it means that every adult 18 has $2,450,000.00 in their pocket. A husband and wife have $4,900,000.00. What would you do with $2,450,000.00 to $4,900,000.00 in your family?

Pay off your mortgage - housing crisis solved.
Repay college loans - what a great boost to new grads
Put away money for college - it'll be there
Save in a bank - create money to loan to entrepreneurs.
Buy a new car - create jobs
Invest in the market - capital drives growth
Pay for your parent's medical insurance - health care improves
Enable Deadbeat Dads/Moms to come clean - or else

Remember this is for every adult U.S. Citizen 18 including the folks who lost their jobs at in failed companies and every other company that is cutting back and, of course, for those serving in our Armed Forces.

If we're going to do a $700 billion bailout, let's bail out every adult US Citizen 18 !

As for the failed companies that made avoidable mistakes in their investments – liquidate them. Sell them off its parts. Sell off their assets as worthless as they may be. Sell off the real estate. Let the private sector bargain hunters cut it up and clean it up.

Here's my rationale. We deserve it and Wall Street doesn't.

Sure it's a crazy idea that can "never work." But can you imagine the Coast-To-Coast Block Party!

How do you spell Economic Boom?

I trust my fellow adult Americans to know how to use the $700 Billion more than I do politicians and Wall Street investors.

We Deserve It Dividend more than the geniuses on Wall Street or in Washington DC.

And remember, the plan only really costs $490 Billion because $210 Billion is returned instantly in taxes to Uncle Sam.

Ahhh...I feel so much better getting that off my chest.

PS: Feel free to pass this along to your pals as it's either good for a laugh or a tear or a very sobering thought on how to best use $700 Billion!!

Re: "We Desreve It Dividend"

I have received this several times today in my email. OK, someone tell me why it wouldn't work! Why is 700,000,000,000 for a bail out neccessary to save the economy, while a pay-out to citizens dangerous to it? Too much money for too many people? OK, just write off the debt for the people who can't pay their mortgages. Yes, it would reward homeowners for bad mortgage decisions. How is that different from rewarding financial institutions for poor decisions? Let these institutions fail. (Fanny Mae can go back to making candy!)
Explain to me why these institutions are somehow important to the economy - When I refer to the economy, I am not talking about "Dow Jones" or "GNP." The economy I'm talking about is JOBS and WAGES. Wealth is created by production - Production is created by labor. Money markets DO NOT create any kind of tangible wealth. In that sense any kind of financial speculation, other than actually investing in building or producing something, is nothing more than a "Ponzi Scheme."

Below is the email I got.....and I thought "WOW"....great idea...until I did the math! The figure would only be $425. per person, NOT $425,000.00!! Maybe that's why we're in this mess?? Too many zeroes??!! LOL

"Fellow citizens

I'm against the $85,000,000,000.00 bailout of AIG.

Instead, I'm in favor of giving $85,000,000,000 to America in a We Deserve It Dividend.

To make the math simple, let's assume there are 200,000,000 bonafide U.S. Citizens 18 .

Our population is about 301,000,000 /- counting every man, woman and child. So 200,000,000 might be a fair stab at adults 18 and up..

So divide 200 million adults 18 into $85 billion that equals $425,000.00.

My plan is to give $425,000 to every person 18 as a We Deserve It Dividend.

Of course, it would NOT be tax free.

So let's assume a tax rate of 30%.

Every individual 18 has to pay $127,500.00 in taxes.

That sends $25,500,000,000 right back to Uncle Sam.

But it means that every adult 18 has $297,500.00 in their pocket.

A husband and wife has $595,000.00.

What would you do with $297,500.00 to $595,000.00 in your family?

Pay off your mortgage - housing crisis solved.

Repay college loans - what a great boost to new grads

Put away money for college - it'll be there

Save in a bank - create money to loan to entrepreneurs.

Buy a new car - create jobs

Invest in the market - capital drives growth

Pay for your parent's medical insurance - health care improves

Enable Deadbeat Dads to come clean - or else

Remember this is for every adult U S Citizen 18 including the folks who lost their jobs at Lehman Brothers and every other company that is cutting back. And of course, for those serving in our Armed Forces.

If we're going to do an $85 billion bailout, let's bail out every adult U S Citizen 18 !

As for AIG - liquidate it.

Sell off its parts.

Let American General go back to being American General.

Sell off the real estate.

Let the private sector bargain hunters cut it up and clean it up.

Here's my rationale. We deserve it and AIG doesn't.

Sure it's a crazy idea that can 'never work.'

But can you imagine the Coast-To-Coast Block Party!

How do you spell Economic Boom?

I trust my fellow adult Americans to know how to use the $85 Billion

We Deserve It more than the geniuses at AIG or in Washington DC

And remember, this plan only really costs $59.5 Billion because $25.5 Billion is returned instantly in taxes to Uncle Sam.

Ahhh...I feel so much better getting that off my chest.

GOD BLESS AMERICA"

Maggie: Thanks for doing the math. I suspected 425 Mil was too high, but I kept getting tangled up in the zeros when I tried to do the math. I am surprised that it's only $425. Just as well, that figure probably represents what the bailout is going to cost each tax payer - I'd hate to owe 425 mil.

PS: You know what they say; "750 billion here, 750 billion there - next thing you know we're talking about real money!"

It seems to me that a whole lot of people are not understanding the actual problem here - it doesn't actually have anything to do with the stock market, other than Wall Street possibly going into a panic over the failure of businesses across America.

As an example, during the last week, two large Florida car dealers - both with multiple car dealerships in Florida and several other states - went out of business, taking about 1700 employees down the tubes with them.

The reason that they failed is that the auto retail industry lives almost totally on credit. They use a financing plan known as floor planning to purchase their inventory and they count on their customers being able to get financing to purchase that inventory. When cash liquidity gets too tight, as it has because of the failure of the subprime load securities, banks hoard cash in an effort to save themselves from bankruptcy. The auto dealers found themselves unable to finance new inventory purchases and unable to sell their cars because their customers are having trouble getting car loans.

Extend that across the economy - people can't finance furiture or appliance purchases (most working people normally do) so they make do with their old stuff. The factories stop making new stuff that they can't sell and lay off the workers who don't have anything to make.

In the best case, this gives us several years of really unpleasant recession - at exactly the time that most of us baby boomers want to be retiring. In the worst case, it eventually leads to global depression - which would be way more than unpleasant.

So the reason for considering providing a large amount of taxpayer dollars to the marke place is not to bail out the *******s that created this disaster, but to provide the credit liquidity that keeps the doors or our factories and stores open.

Thanks Jack.