Return to Website

The Ivy Division Forum

WELCOME to THE IVY DIVISION Message Forum 
THIS website is a private SUPPORT SITE for 4th ID veterans, active duty soldiers, family members, friends and everyone who supports our troops no matter how you feel about our leaders. Troublemakers, gossips. trolls, liars, etc are NOT welcome here. Posts that defame,, humiliate and/or intimidate other posters or the webmaster will be deleted without notice or comment. Please read the rules on the Main Page, thank you!
This forum has a long history, by interent standards anyway-unfortunately it has been abandoned for far too long due to real life circumstances knocking the heck out of what had been my very real desire to keep this board alive and well forever so that all of us could meet here and communicate with each other everyday.

I'm not sure that a forum like this is even needed nowadays since the advent of facebook, etc...but I hope that this once thriving BB does bring some of us back together again and that maybe some new folks will join us as well!   
Webmaster: Bob Poff, C-1-8, 1968-1969 robert8h@yahoo.com
Thank You for Visiting The Ivy Division.com!
Open 24 Hours a Day, 365 Days a Year
Friends of The Ivy Division
A.B.,HONORARY GRUNT!
jinks' www.vietnamvets.com messageboard
Jim Bury's Ivy Dragoons website
Redleg's 4ID Forum

The IVY Division is back, the love of my life
Julie and I are married and we welcome
you Back to the IVY Division Forum!!!

The Ivy Division Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Are these True Quotes?

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them.
That is our bottom line."
President Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear.
We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
President Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

"Iraq is a long way from USA but, what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face."
Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

"We urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S.Constitution and Laws, to take necessary actions, (including, if appropriate,
air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction
programs."
Letter to President Clinton, signed by Sens. Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others Oct. 9, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

"Hussein has .. chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."
Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has invigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs
continue a pace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies."
Letter to President Bush, Signed by Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL,) and others, December 5, 2001

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandated of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and the means of delivering them."
Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."
Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."
Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002
"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998.
We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities.
Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..."
Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force-- if necessary-- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."
Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated
the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002

"He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11 years, every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and destroy his
chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity. This he has refused to do" Rep.
Henry Waxman (D, CA), Oct. 10, 2002

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological
weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program.
He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members
It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for WMD's
John Kerry 2002

Re: Are these True Quotes?

Why don't you check them out with Snopes, If it is important to you. With the lies that Phalin told the other nite. how can you believe anything these days. But it is a fact, that on november 4th a new president will be elected. And who ever it is. We will have to live with him.

one doesnt have to check with any service. All that was necessary is to have been awake and alive or vice versa during the 1990's. Back then and even when Saddams was first attacked every democrat even the great plagerist Joe Binbiden was getting on the gravy train to depose saddam . Not that they had any honest feeling about . They wanted to get some good press. Tthen when things didnt go exactly right . They called americans terrorist nazis, HUSSIEN says that americans were and are air raid ing afghan villages, when it is the terorists that are being targeted . Of course taliban and al quida are HUSSIEN and the rest of the democrats people.

I am not going to try to verify or deny the quotes. But I will address the point that Teri lacks courage to make out loud.

First, yes, Saddam was, at one point, attempting to acquire weapons of mass destruction. He acquired some of them - chemicals and maybe biolgicals from us. We gave them to him because he was fighting Iran and the idiots in charge of the country helped him because they were foolish enough to believe the old saw that "the enemy of my enemy is my friend."

And yes, Clinton wanted to oust Hussein - but he was smart enough to work with Congress to develop a program to try to unseat him without invasion. He was also smart enough to contain him and to effectively destroy his weapons of mass destruction program without invading Iraq.

As for the members of the legislature - both democrats and republicans - who later believed that Hussein was a true threat because of his efforts to acquire weapons of mass destruction, there is a very simple explanation. They had not yet learned to distrust the Bush Administration and they believed the lies being fed to them from Cheney's hand-picked intelligence.

By the way, Teri, are these quotes true?

"My belief is we will, in fact, be greeted as liberators." - Dick Cheney

"The insurgency is in its final throes." - Dick Cheney, 2006

"No, we've had no evidence that Saddam Hussein was involved with September the 11th." - George Bush, 18 September 2003

"Nothing. Except it’s part of — and nobody has suggested in this administration that Saddam Hussein ordered the attack." George Bush in response to the question "What did Iraq have to do with 9/11".

"I've not seen any indication that would lead me to believe that I could say that," Rumsfeld, when asked about a poll that indicated that many Americans believe Hussein was involved in 9/11.

No jack b you wouldnt try to verify or deny those quotes because you know them to be true . You say that clinton wanted to oust saddam but slick willie was so smart tht he worked with the congress. slick willie nor any of the democrats wanted to remove saddam from power. even though thye madeit a U s law that that should happen. clinton did that to deflect the americnapeople from the fact that he was more concerned with getting his shlong sucked on . Like all democrats. And now you attack Teri call her a coward. and only because she asked questions about the motives of the slimy Democrats.

Quano, you just continue to pack so much bull**** into so few words that it rises almost to a level of art.

You need to go find yourself about 20-25 dictionaries and study them carefully, though - truth does not mean what you seem to think that it does. I guarantee that you will not find a single dictionary that defines truth as "what Duane chooses to believe."

Teri & Duane:
Here is something VERIFIED, from today's Gallup Poll.
OBAMA 50% - McCAIN 42%

Yep!! Those Slimy Dems:

Katrina, US attorney hiring scandal, Alberto Gonzales, Rumsfeld, deficit, unemployment, foreclosures and Big "Dick" "Who cares, they all look alike" Cheney.

Not to forget Walter Reed, New Veterans Suicide Rate, Proposed selling of VA Property to Bush insider Developers DURING A WAR, authorizing intentional VA Fund diversion to make up for money needed in other Bloated Defense programs. Haliburton, KBR Non Bid Contracts and American Troops being Electrocuted because of their SHODDY Work and On and On!!

All this mess happened under Bush’s administration and McCain was with him all the way.

Yes, Clinton did as you say,"Got his shlong sucked on", but in my opinion it dosen't even make a dent in the things listed above.

And,,, I haven't even began to hit on the ways that Bush-Cheney have used the Constitution Of The United States for Toilet Paper in the last 8 years.

"Slimy Dems Indeed"!

That Obama P and MCcain B is scarey.
God Bless or Islamic America

Quano, I know that the challenge is probably beyond you, but could you try just once to make a post in which you do not deliberately tell a lie?

I did not call Teri a coward. With the exception of pretty much all of the members of the Bush Administration, I am pretty sure that the only one that I have called a coward on this board is YOU. And I only called you that because I truly believe it to be true.

Teri wanted to suggest something unpleasant about liberals, but apparently lacked the guts to just say it outright. Lots of people do that kind of thing to try to duck responsibility a little. It doesn't mean that she is an out and out coward, just that she is probably in the right political party.

jackie boy twice on the same page you said Teri lacks the courage to come right out and address the issues. then in your last post you said she lacks the guts. You say this because she has a different view than yours and she expresses her freedom of speech. that is the part you cannot allow .Someone else having freedom of speech. You call her or anyone else cowards because you know you are safely hidden behind thousands of miles of telephone lines. you would never say that face to face to a man woman or child. As i said on Russ's board face to face with anyone you would run like a scared rabbit wetting and soiling yourself.

Herr Duane, you are mistaken. The reason you and Teri draw criticism isn't because we don't respect free speech. It is because you are the two biggest idiots on the internet.

While Clinton was as you so eloquintly put it "getting his schlong sucked" he was also down sizing the military, no? Which sucked because we werern't prepared for war. I am stupid enough to think we could have done an "Air Force One" (the movie)and gotten Sadam. He needed to be taken out of power which all but Obama agreed with. I didn't want my kid to be there anymore than he or anyone else want's to be there. Trust me.
And you veterans are a perfect example. I admire the Vietnam Vets who say that they served with honor and did what they did through alot of them no choice of their own. God Bless you guys. For those of you who believe in a higher power other than Obama.
I guess that's why I have such a hard time with any veterans supporting Obama.
I guess I am so frikkin old school that my parents drilled it into my head. Pick your friends wisely. You can be guilty by association. People go to jail, just being with someone who has done something stupid or bad. I don't need to explain the phrase to you.

I work in a high hispanic and black area. Today at work one of the girls told me that when the black people elected Obama I would no longer be able to put my American flags on the signs that I put up in my store on Patriotic Holiday's. I said to her, I don't get it why wouldn't I, he'd still be president of The United States and she said Hell no he's gonna be our president and now your gonna have to kiss our asses.
And I asked her if she knew anything about him and she said all I need to know is he's black and he'll give me more rights than you white folks.
Let me tell you something, in North LAs Vegas I am the minority, I have less rights as a straight white female than any other person on the planet.
But are people really electing him because he's black?
I like Joe Biden, don't like his views, but he seem's like a nice guy. At this point in time with our economy the way it is, we don't need political blow hards we need businessmen to run this country.
I loved the Saturday Night Live clip when they were making fun of Pelosi and franks and those companies who were lending all the money, it was frikking hysterical. And true, I know people who got homes who hadn't worked in 13 years. A guy we know got a house, his disabilty check was $1700 a month and his house payment was $1274. It's crazy.
So you guys can call me every twisted name in the book. Obama is a snooth talker and any of you gals who ever dated any guys like this when you were single can spot these guys a million miles away.
And I don't agree with MCcain on alot of things either, but the alternative is a guy who was once called himself Barry and then goes on a trip and comes back and hangs out with people who bomb our own country.
Come on.
And remember, the reason why Obama has more people show up at his rallies than John MCcain is becasue all the Mccain supporters are at work...LOL
Lighten up you guys, it's only our future.....

How is it that you keep running into these brown, and black, skinned bigots? Do you think it might be possible that they are reacting to their perception of you? Any black person who said - "when the black people elected Obama I would no longer be able to put my American flags on the signs that I put up in my store on Patriotic Holiday's." I said to her, I don't get it why wouldn't I, he'd still be president of The United States and she said "Hell no he's gonna be our president and now your gonna have to kiss our asses. " - is an idiot (or a bigot) on the same scale as you and Duane.
I have met a lot of idiots in my life. They come in all colors, creeds, and ancestry. If I meet someone I don't like, I don't project that dislike on a whole group of people. This is fortunate since as a white man, I've also run into a lot of white people I don't like. Does that make ALL of my fellow white people bad? Of course not. Yet you project this, obviously bigoted, black lady as somehow being typical of her entire race. If she actually believed what she said, she will be sadly disappointed by an Obama Presidency. I was actually amused by her statement - "when the black people elected Obama..." Is she somehow under the illusion that black people, who represent 12% of the population, can elect a President by themselves?
"I loved the Saturday Night Live clip when they were making fun of Pelosi and franks..." I hope you loved their spoof of Palin as well.
I am sure that you don't think of yourself as a racist. That is sad, because you are. Anyone who has read of your constant, unhappy, encounters with minorities can see racism jump out of the screen. Your, apparent, belief that the opinion of one deluded black woman should be an issue in this campaign merely increases that image.

Mad doc you have every right to exercize your freedom of speech. That is the big difference between you and i and Teri. We will grant you and all of the others that privilege here but you nor anyone else here will never recipricate. Just as teri told about that black woman who would (like you people) never allow Teri any rights because that woman knows Obama will advocate racial war and he will ensure that all the whites will be destroyed

Quano, you mental midget, the constitution guarantees a right to free speech. But no where in that great document does it require that every silly-assed dufus - meaning you, in case you didn't catch that that - has to be agreed with or even taken seriously.

If you want your opinions to be taken seriously, you would probably do better to:

1. Learn to think about a subject before talking about it.

2. See #1

jackie boy the Constitution does not guarentee anyone freedom of speech. The first ammendment states that the CONGRESS shall not enact any laws abridging free speech.Only the congress is bound by that.
It doesnt say that jackie boy or jinx or mad doc are prohibited from deny anyone their free spaeech rights. Amd that is what i believe will happen when baracckHUSSIENobama takes control of this country.
He will not be bound by the U S Constitution. He has already stated that he wants a civilian security force as large as the U S army navy airforce. Why would he want this force . Because it would be loyal to only him nothing to keep it from doing anything he would want.
In 2004 there were between 62- 63 nillion americans voted for Bush/. i dont believe he or you or any democrat would be willing to take the chance that those american s or their spouses or their children could ever do that again. The only way to be absolutely sure is to eliminate all those americans.

My god, I truly think that you totally misunderstand what the Constitution says.

You really are dumber than a box of rocks, aren't you Quano?

I think that there is a really Big Difference between "Denying someone Free Speech and Disagreeing with them". Its very obvious that Duane can't see the difference between "Denying and Disagreeing". As far as I can see on this Board, NO ONE has been denied their right to free speech. In fact no matter how INSANE or CHILDISH the post is, its still allowed to stay here, I reference this to the above Statement that Duane has made above and probably 95% of the rest of Duanes Posts.

Personally, I got no problem with the post that Teri made, something that I have read many times before.

But I do have to put my two cents in by adding this.

Never Before have I ever seen Troops ELECTROCUTED to death by Shoddy, NO BID, contractors hired by the CURRENT ADMINISTRATION and then be let off the hook by that same Administration as if they did nothing wrong OR in the case of the VA diverting the PTSD Funds for Iraqi Vets and those same Vets having to take the VA to court and the Bush Administration sending the Justice Dept Lawyers to fight to stop those Veterans in court from getting their Earned Benefits. In my opinion this is much more important subject. Maybe the Bush Administration doesn't care about the Lives of the Iraqi Vets but I DO!

I see no problem with free speech here!

"OBAMA-BIDEN 08"

Mad Doc. I live and work among the same bigots that were stupid enough to register to vote the Dallas Cowboy Football team. That's how bright SOME of the people I live and work around. Lucky you, you know no people like this. I am not that fortunate.
If I didn't live and work in an area that I see welfare fraud and child abuse and neglect a thousand times a day, I might not be as hardened to life as I have become since I started working in North Las Vegas.
I'm out

"I live and work among the same bigots that were stupid enough to register to vote the Dallas Cowboy Football team." - Teri
Could someone please explain the above sentence to me? It just hangs there without really saying anything, much like Teri and Duane.

I can't believe you people can argue about politicians that will say and do anything to get elected. None of them could give a **** about anyone of you. Because of their greed and corruption the country is in shambles and both parties are to be blamed for this,and we the people are getting screwed. Just needed to vent some. Remember be careful what you wish for. JMHO

Re: Re: Are these True Quotes?

Gary, Sir!

I would buy you a cup of coffee any day! Not that you need it, because you strike me as being 100 percent awake and clear-eyed already, but just because it tastes good.

T G C! ( = Take Good Care!)

Sincerely
A.B

So, Gary, what do you recommend? Should we just sit and take whatever comes?

Jack: No crystal ball here. However, I would recommend to all that when you're casting your vote be sure to hold your nose while doing so.

Hell, Gary, I expect that voters have been doing that pretty much from the very first election.

This is a true quote.Draino and Teri, you are consumed by hate.

Teri, Do I detect a little envy,That Billy did not stain your blue dress.

"I admire the Vietnam Vets who say that they served with honor and did what they did through alot of them no choice of their own. God Bless you guys. For those of you who believe in a higher power other than Obama.
I guess that's why I have such a hard time with any veterans supporting Obama." - Quote from Teri
Answer: "It's the economy, stupid" - Attributed to James Carville