Return to Website

The Ivy Division Forum

WELCOME to THE IVY DIVISION Message Forum 
THIS website is a private SUPPORT SITE for 4th ID veterans, active duty soldiers, family members, friends and everyone who supports our troops no matter how you feel about our leaders. Troublemakers, gossips. trolls, liars, etc are NOT welcome here. Posts that defame,, humiliate and/or intimidate other posters or the webmaster will be deleted without notice or comment. Please read the rules on the Main Page, thank you!
This forum has a long history, by interent standards anyway-unfortunately it has been abandoned for far too long due to real life circumstances knocking the heck out of what had been my very real desire to keep this board alive and well forever so that all of us could meet here and communicate with each other everyday.

I'm not sure that a forum like this is even needed nowadays since the advent of facebook, etc...but I hope that this once thriving BB does bring some of us back together again and that maybe some new folks will join us as well!   
Webmaster: Bob Poff, C-1-8, 1968-1969 robert8h@yahoo.com
Thank You for Visiting The Ivy Division.com!
Open 24 Hours a Day, 365 Days a Year
Friends of The Ivy Division
A.B.,HONORARY GRUNT!
jinks' www.vietnamvets.com messageboard
Jim Bury's Ivy Dragoons website
Redleg's 4ID Forum

The IVY Division is back, the love of my life
Julie and I are married and we welcome
you Back to the IVY Division Forum!!!

The Ivy Division Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cindy McCain: Vietnam vets with PTSD were 18-year-olds who didn’t know what they were doing.

By Ben Armbruster on Oct 9th, 2008 at 5:17 pm

Cindy McCain: Vietnam vets with PTSD were 18-year-olds who didn’t know what they were doing.

During a recent interview with Marie Claire, Sen. John McCain’s (R-AZ) wife Cindy suggested that her husband has never had PTSD symptoms because “he was trained.” She also added that symptoms such as “cold sweats in the middle of the night” are reserved for the “the 18-year-olds who were drafted”:

Q: You met your husband after his POW days. To what extent is that still with you - or is it a part of history?

McCAIN: My husband will be the first one to tell you that that’s in the past. Certainly it’s a part of who he is, but he doesn’t dwell on it. It’s not part of a daily experience that we experience or anything like that. But it has shaped him. It has made him the leader that he is.

Q: But no cold sweats in the middle of the night?

McCAIN: Oh, no, no, no, no, no. My husband, he’d be the first one to tell you that he was trained to do what he was doing. The guys who had the trouble were the 18-year-olds who were drafted. He was trained, he went to the Naval Academy, he was a trained United States naval officer, and so he knew what he was doing.

Re: Cindy McCain: Vietnam vets with PTSD were 18-year-olds who didn’t know what they were doing.

If I am correct John McCain's father got him into the naval Academy where he was what 5th from the bottom of the class, not to include that he crashed 3 planes during training along with his womenizing

Re: Cindy McCain: Vietnam vets with PTSD were 18-year-olds who didn’t know what they were doing.

Correct on all counts, Mike.

Had McCain not been an Admiral's son, he almost certainly would have been bounced out of flying status and probably the Navy after the stunt in Spain where he crashed his plane by flying low enough to hit power lines. After the third crash, he certainly would have been history without the protection of having the CINCPAC as his father.

Been hearing and seeing that all my life it's not what you know it's who you know. Guess its like that saying always was and always will be.

Actually, "Cindy McBarbie" should get on the same page as her Husband. He said in an address to the VFW, "That I too suffer from PTSD"! Since then his Campaign handlers have put the BIG HUSH on that subject.

Also, she stated that 18 Year old RVN Draftees are the ones that suffer from PTSD. I guess she has forgot about the thousands of Afghanistan and Iraqi Veterans that have been diagnosed with PTSD! I guess that they don't count in her book of un-reality.......But now she has pi-ssed off The Veterans For America, a large Iraqi and Afghan veterans group, headed up by Bobby Muller.

Cindy McBarbie should stick to her vast knowledge of, Cheerleading and Charm School and leave the real thinking to the people that have a Brain.