Return to Website

The Ivy Division Forum

WELCOME to THE IVY DIVISION Message Forum 
THIS website is a private SUPPORT SITE for 4th ID veterans, active duty soldiers, family members, friends and everyone who supports our troops no matter how you feel about our leaders. Troublemakers, gossips. trolls, liars, etc are NOT welcome here. Posts that defame,, humiliate and/or intimidate other posters or the webmaster will be deleted without notice or comment. Please read the rules on the Main Page, thank you!
This forum has a long history, by interent standards anyway-unfortunately it has been abandoned for far too long due to real life circumstances knocking the heck out of what had been my very real desire to keep this board alive and well forever so that all of us could meet here and communicate with each other everyday.

I'm not sure that a forum like this is even needed nowadays since the advent of facebook, etc...but I hope that this once thriving BB does bring some of us back together again and that maybe some new folks will join us as well!   
Webmaster: Bob Poff, C-1-8, 1968-1969 robert8h@yahoo.com
Thank You for Visiting The Ivy Division.com!
Open 24 Hours a Day, 365 Days a Year
Friends of The Ivy Division
A.B.,HONORARY GRUNT!
jinks' www.vietnamvets.com messageboard
Jim Bury's Ivy Dragoons website
Redleg's 4ID Forum

The IVY Division is back, the love of my life
Julie and I are married and we welcome
you Back to the IVY Division Forum!!!

The Ivy Division Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
For,,Anyone that is 100% VA Compensated under IU (Individual Un employability Law). I SMELL A RAT!!!

Be advised.

For,,Anyone that is 100% VA Compensated under IU (Individual Un employability Law).

Under this type of Disability Compensation you must fill out a VA Form 1-4140 (This form states that you have not worked in the previous year due to your Service Connected Injuries) If not filled out and returned in a "Timely manner" you can lose your IU Benefits. You have 60 days from the date on the form to fill out the Form 1-4140 Sign it and return it.

Here's the Problem:

I first read this on VA Watchdog.com and after doing some checking myself, I see a problem that just might be developing here.

Some Vets that have emailed me and some that I have talked to say, "Yes, I received my Form in the mail".

HOWEVER,,The date that the VA has put on the form is sometimes PRE-DATED and is more than 60 days Old when you receive it! This will cause a VET to be Disqualified under the VA Law that says,"You must return it within 60 Days, or you will lose your Benefits".

You need to CHECK the date to see if it looks suspiciously outdated. If so you need to take action, by contacting your VSO and going threw proper channels to right this VA Over site or whatever you want to call it.

DO NOT JUST CALL the VA 1-800 number and tell them and take THIER word for it, "That they are going to enter it in your Computer File" and "Not to worry about it"! You take the chance if you do this of some VA Employee NOT Doing that and you may just end up in a 5 or 6 month Fight to try and restore your IU Benefits!

Also, I now suggest that when you complete your VA Form 1-4140, you make a copy to keep for your records and DON"T just mail it back regular mail. Spend a Little time and Money and mail it back REGISTERED MAIL! Also Try and Check the Address that the VA has listed for return mail. Some have been found to have a PO Box that ends up in the VA BLACK HOLE!

I think that its time to start "COVERING YOUR A$$es" on this letter and on ANY other LETTER you have to submit to the VA "NOW and FOREVER"!

Personally,,,,,,I'm Beginning to SMELL A RAT AGAIN!!!!!! No real proof yet but I'm going to look into it more, I already see somewhat of a pattern here and if you been around the VA as long as I have you will realize that they are NO GOOD at covering up Anti-Vet PLOYS!

CYOA Boyz! I can't Stress that Enough!

Good Luck!

jinks!!

Re: For,,Anyone that is 100% VA Compensated under IU (Individual Un employability Law). I SMELL A RA

Jinks
I get this form just about every year. Sometimes it is predated, so what I do is cross out the date and put on top of it the date that I recieved it and I
write date recieved then sigh it. Also I know alot of other guys here where I live that have been getting this form since they were awarded thier 100%. Take care and thanks for watching out for everyone.

Re: For,,Anyone that is 100% VA Compensated under IU (Individual Un employability Law). I SMELL A RA

Gary

They usually go by the original award date to send it. The Date on the form should be close to that date. But I can see no reason that the date should be more than 60 days predated. They do keep record of when they send out the form. All I know is that some have sent them back and not paid attention to the date and have gotten letters that their IU has been suspended. Sure they get reinstated but we all know that drill and the time frame that it takes and the bills that don't get paid because of a VA Screw-up.

Its always something with these guys ain't it New York!

Makes ya start thinking the Old Country way,,,,,,,,,,, Wackin Em ain't so bad sounding after all!