Return to Website

The Ivy Division Forum

WELCOME to THE IVY DIVISION Message Forum 
THIS website is a private SUPPORT SITE for 4th ID veterans, active duty soldiers, family members, friends and everyone who supports our troops no matter how you feel about our leaders. Troublemakers, gossips. trolls, liars, etc are NOT welcome here. Posts that defame,, humiliate and/or intimidate other posters or the webmaster will be deleted without notice or comment. Please read the rules on the Main Page, thank you!
This forum has a long history, by interent standards anyway-unfortunately it has been abandoned for far too long due to real life circumstances knocking the heck out of what had been my very real desire to keep this board alive and well forever so that all of us could meet here and communicate with each other everyday.

I'm not sure that a forum like this is even needed nowadays since the advent of facebook, etc...but I hope that this once thriving BB does bring some of us back together again and that maybe some new folks will join us as well!   
Webmaster: Bob Poff, C-1-8, 1968-1969 robert8h@yahoo.com
Thank You for Visiting The Ivy Division.com!
Open 24 Hours a Day, 365 Days a Year
Friends of The Ivy Division
A.B.,HONORARY GRUNT!
jinks' www.vietnamvets.com messageboard
Jim Bury's Ivy Dragoons website
Redleg's 4ID Forum

The IVY Division is back, the love of my life
Julie and I are married and we welcome
you Back to the IVY Division Forum!!!

The Ivy Division Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Another example of the Republican concept of democracy

Of course, I am sure that it is pure coincidence that the problem machines are all in districts controlled by Republican Elections officials.

More W.Va. voters say machines are switching votes
In six cases, Democratic votes flipped to GOP

By Paul J. Nyden
Staff writer

WINFIELD, W.Va. -- Three Putnam County voters say electronic voting machines changed their votes from Democrats to Republicans when they cast early ballots last week.

This is the second West Virginia county where voters have reported this problem. Last week, three voters in Jackson County told The Charleston Gazette their electronic vote for "Barack Obama" kept flipping to "John McCain".

In both counties, Republicans are responsible for overseeing elections. Both county clerks said the problem is isolated.

They also blamed voters for not being more careful.

"People make mistakes more than machines," said Jackson County Clerk Jeff Waybright.

Shelba Ketchum, a 69-year-old nurse retired from Thomas Memorial Hospital, described what happened Friday at the Putnam County Courthouse in Winfield.

"I pushed buttons and they all came up Republican," she said. "I hit Obama and it switched to McCain. I am really concerned about that. If McCain wins, there was something wrong with the machines.

"I asked them for a printout of my votes," Ketchum said. "But they said it was in the machine and I could not get it. I did not feel right when I left the courthouse. My son felt the same way.

"I heard from some other people they also had trouble. But no one in there knew how to fix it," said Ketchum, who is not related to Menis Ketchum, a Democratic Supreme Court candidate.

Ketchum's son, Chris, said he had the same problem. And Bobbi Oates of Scott Depot said her vote for incumbent Democratic Sen. John D. Rockefeller was switched to GOP opponent Jay Wolfe.

"I touched the one I wanted, Rockefeller, and the machine put a checkmark on the Republican instead," Oates said of her experience Thursday.

She said she caught the mistake, called over a worker in the county clerk's office and was able to correct her vote. But she worries other voters may not catch such a mistake.

When asked if she is sure she touched the box for Rockefeller, she said, "I'm absolutely positive."

Re: Another example of the Republican concept of democracy

this cares the **** out of me. In this 21st century for this to happen is a disgrace.

I don't care what side of the street this is happening to, it should not happen

We need ID's upon voting, and also just like an ATM machine at your bank, a receipt upon completion of uour vote. Now that can not be very hard

Nope, it is not hard. But the Republican Legislature here in Florida voted it down.

ROLLING STONE: IT'S ALREADY STOLEN

Investigation by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Greg Palast released today

Don’t worry about Mickey Mouse or ACORN stealing the election. According to an investigative report out today in Rolling Stone magazine, Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Greg Palast, after a year-long investigation, reveal a systematic program of 'GOP vote tampering' on a massive scale.

- Republican Secretaries of State of swing-state Colorado have quietly purged one in six names from their voter rolls.

Over several months, the GOP politicos in Colorado stonewalled every attempt by Rolling Stone to get an answer to the massive purge - ten times the average state's rate of removal.

- While Obama dreams of riding to the White House on a wave of new voters, more then 2.7 million have had their registrations REJECTED under new procedures signed into law by George Bush.

Kennedy, a voting rights lawyer, charges this is a resurgence of 'Jim Crow' tactics to wrongly block Black and Hispanic voters.

- A fired US prosecutor levels new charges - accusing leaders of his own party, Republicans, with criminal acts in an attempt to block legal voters as 'fraudulent.'

- Digging through government records, the Kennedy-Palast team discovered that, in 2004, a GOP scheme called 'caging” ultimately took away the rights of 1.1 million voters. The Rolling Stone duo predict that, this November 4, it will be far worse.

There's more:

- Since the last presidential race, 'States used dubious 'list management' rules to scrub at least 10 million voters from their rolls.'

Among those was Paul Maez of Las Vegas, New Mexico - a victim of an unreported but devastating purge of voters in that state that left as many as one in nine Democrats without a vote. For Maez, the state's purging his registration was particularly shocking - he's the county elections supervisor.

The Kennedy-Palast revelations go far beyond the sum of questionably purged voters recently reported by the New York Times.

'Republican operatives - the party's elite commandos of bare-knuckle politics,' report Kennedy and Palast, under the cover of fighting fraudulent voting, are 'systematically disenfranchis[ing] Democrats.'

The investigators level a deadly serious charge:

'If Democrats are to win the 2008 election, they must not simply beat McCain at the polls - they must beat him by a margin that exceeds the level of GOP vote tampering.'

Block the Vote by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. & Greg Palast in the current issue (#1064) of Rolling Stone. [Media enquiries - Dave Falkenstein, Sunshine Sachs & Assoc, via interviews@gregpalast.com.]

Note - Kennedy and Palast are releasing, simultaneously with the Rolling Stone investigative report what they call, the vote-theft 'antidote': a 24-page full-color comic book, Steal Back Your Vote, which can be downloaded or obtained in print from their non-partisan website, StealBackYourVote.org

For updates and video reports, go to RollingStone.com, www.GregPalast.com and StealBackYourVote.org.

these voting machines are no more than a machine like an atm or anyones computer. There is always a way to stop the transaction and correct it if something is wrong. Simple lack of knowledge on the part of the individual.
Jaqui what is your assesment of what the dems like you are doing in ohio nevada and other states . Bringing in people from other states to register for absentee ballots have those ballots mailed to common address. then the people who registered leave never having been there ;ong enough to establish residency in the state. Russ armstrong documents several cases of this. One ebing a woman named brown living in waco texas. she went to ohio registered at a address in ohio for an absentee ballot. Left ohio and the ballot was mailed to a bogus address. No someone in the Hussien obama political machinme will vote that ballot and all the others. all this of ciurse is being done by the democrats like you and thousands of others who have no faith in honesty . Who only care that they win as it has always been with democrats.
Nore so now with the Manchurian candidate Hussien. His connections with the iranian money silos. There is no chance taking about wuinning this election.

They are computers, you ignorant ass. And computers can easily be manipulated.

And I know all about Russ's documentation - he gets it from right-wing ditzes and all out liars and then he passes it along. He has even stated several times that he personally is willing to lie and cheat in any way necessary in order for his side to win. So you will excuse me if I am not impressed with his
"documented proof".

In the meantime, the only man that I have heard about being arrested for voter registration fraud so far is the man that McCain hired to register republicans in California.