Return to Website

The Ivy Division Forum

WELCOME to THE IVY DIVISION Message Forum 
THIS website is a private SUPPORT SITE for 4th ID veterans, active duty soldiers, family members, friends and everyone who supports our troops no matter how you feel about our leaders. Troublemakers, gossips. trolls, liars, etc are NOT welcome here. Posts that defame,, humiliate and/or intimidate other posters or the webmaster will be deleted without notice or comment. Please read the rules on the Main Page, thank you!
This forum has a long history, by interent standards anyway-unfortunately it has been abandoned for far too long due to real life circumstances knocking the heck out of what had been my very real desire to keep this board alive and well forever so that all of us could meet here and communicate with each other everyday.

I'm not sure that a forum like this is even needed nowadays since the advent of facebook, etc...but I hope that this once thriving BB does bring some of us back together again and that maybe some new folks will join us as well!   
Webmaster: Bob Poff, C-1-8, 1968-1969 robert8h@yahoo.com
Thank You for Visiting The Ivy Division.com!
Open 24 Hours a Day, 365 Days a Year
Friends of The Ivy Division
A.B.,HONORARY GRUNT!
jinks' www.vietnamvets.com messageboard
Jim Bury's Ivy Dragoons website
Redleg's 4ID Forum

The IVY Division is back, the love of my life
Julie and I are married and we welcome
you Back to the IVY Division Forum!!!

The Ivy Division Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Why Barack Obama is Winning

General David Petraeus deployed overwhelming force when he briefed Barack Obama and two other Senators in Baghdad last July.

He knew Obama favored a 16-month timetable for the withdrawal of most U.S. troops from Iraq, and he wanted to make the strongest possible case against it. And so, after he had presented an array of maps and charts and PowerPoint slides describing the current situation on the ground in great detail, Petraeus closed with a vigorous plea for "maximum flexibility" going forward.

Obama had a choice at that moment. He could thank Petraeus for the briefing and promise to take his views "under advisement."

Or he could tell Petraeus what he really thought, a potentially contentious course of action — especially with a general not used to being confronted.

Obama chose to speak his mind. "You know, if I were in your shoes, I would be making the exact same argument," he began. "Your job is to succeed in Iraq on as favorable terms as we can get. But my job as a potential Commander in Chief is to view your counsel and interests through the prism of our overall national security." Obama talked about the deteriorating situation in Afghanistan, the financial costs of the occupation of Iraq, the stress it was putting on the military.

A "spirited" conversation ensued, one person who was in the room told me. "It wasn't a perfunctory recitation of talking points. They were arguing their respective positions, in a respectful way." The other two Senators — Chuck Hagel and Jack Reed — told Petraeus they agreed with Obama. According to both Obama and Petraeus, the meeting — which lasted twice as long as the usual congressional briefing — ended agreeably. Petraeus said he understood that Obama's perspective was, necessarily, going to be more strategic. Obama said that the timetable obviously would have to be flexible. But the Senator from Illinois had laid down his marker: if elected President, he would be in charge. Unlike George W. Bush, who had given Petraeus complete authority over the war — an unprecedented abdication of presidential responsibility (and unlike John McCain, whose hero worship of Petraeus bordered on the unseemly) — Obama would insist on a rigorous chain of command.

Barack Obama has prospered in this presidential campaign because of the steadiness of his temperament and the judicious quality of his decision-making. They are his best-known qualities. The most important decision he has made — the selection of a running mate — was done carefully, with an exhaustive attention to detail and contemplation of all the possible angles. Two months later, as John McCain's peremptory selection of Governor Sarah Palin has come to seem a liability, it could be argued that Obama's quiet selection of Joe Biden defined the public's choice in the general-election campaign. But not every decision can be made so carefully. There are a thousand instinctive, instantaneous decisions that a presidential candidate has to make in the course of a campaign — like whether to speak his mind to a General Petraeus — and this has been a more difficult journey for Obama, since he's far more comfortable when he's able to think things through. "He has learned to trust his gut," an Obama adviser told me. "He wasn't so confident in his instincts last year. It's been the biggest change I've seen in him."

continued 3 more pages

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1853025-1,00.html

Re: Why Barack Obama is Winning

I'd like to remind all of you that the Nov 4 election still has not been held. it may very well be that obama's acorn organization. Which is either under inditment or being investigated in severaL states for voter fraud. acorn may be able to steal this election. i dont want to trust the survival of the united states its armed forces to someone who haS never held an honest job. whos only experience was organizing the south side of chicago. There were more murders in the southside than people killed in Iraq last summer. some organizer.
Now Joe biden joe biden can rewrite history. he told katie couric that when the stock market crashed in oct 1929 Franklin Roosevelt went on the national t v network to reassure the american people. Now i have always read that herbert hoover was president from Mar 1929 until mar of 1933. And there was no tv in this country until 1939 when franklin roosevelt appeared on a broadcaSt from the NY worlds fair, and it was a local broadcast. you see i liver in the real world not some cocane induced magicland like joe (the hairplug ) Biden. How nmany of you honestly believe roosevelt was president on 1929 that there was a television network at that time. Probably most of you.

Actually Your Wrong again.

Its not" Voter Fraud" its "Registration Fraud". There is a difference.

In fact they are already weeding out the names like Mickey Mouse and the rest of Fiction names.

As far as Making a Big Republican deal out of Misstatements, Do you want me to list all the Misstatements that John McStupid has made? The List is long too.

At least Biden doesn't need a Full time Baby Sitter like Exxon John does.

Most of the time Joe Lieberman has to lead McFossil around by hand, If it wasn't for Lieberman,, McFossil would never find the bathroom!!

Former Bush Aide Backs Obama
Former Bush spokesman Scott McClellan said he will vote for Sen. Barack Obama in the presidential election, according to ABC News.

Said McClellan: "From the very beginning I have said I am going to support the candidate that has the best chance for changing the way Washington works and getting things done and I will be voting for Barack Obama and clapping... It's a message that is very similar to the one that Gov. Bush ran on in 2000."

Former Republican Governor Backs Obama
Former Minnesota Gov. Arne Carlson (R) stepped across party lines and endorsed Sen. Barack Obama for president, according to the Minneapolis Star Tribune.

Carlson said that Obama's stances on the Iraq war, the economy and green energy goals won him over. He also cited recent comments by Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) questioning whether politicians have "pro-America or anti-America views."

Quote of the Day
"We just let things get completely out of hand."

-- Sen. John McCain, quoted by the Washington Times, on the Republican party's rule over the last eight years.

jinxie Binbiden has been a U S SENATOR FOR 32 YEARS HE GOT 5 DEFERMENTS FROM serving in the U s military so he wouldnt have to defend the U S. And yet with all of that education so called experience, he honestly tghouight FDR was president of the U S in 1929, that there was a national TV network in the U S in that same year, No doubt you agree with him. Do You?. That is not just making a mistake about a minor thing. It shows that his Brain is addled. Of course if obama becomes President of the U S and caliph of the western hemisphere. It wont matter because his will be one of the first heads the Iranians will slice off.

No one respects Veterans anymore than I do...but what is this b/s about someone who does NOT serve...not everyone is inclined to join the military...and just because they do not does not make them a weird person..

Sure and heres a few from that Great mind of Exxon John McCain. The guy that maybe Should have studied a little harder at the Naval Academy, maybe he wouldn't have came out at the almost dead bottom of his class.

His motto is "keep em stupid" "and they will vote for me"!
==============================================

"We have a lot of work to do. It's a very hard struggle, particularly given the situation on the Iraq-Pakistan border." --referring to a border that does not exist,
John McCain ABC News interview, July 21, 2008

"I was concerned about a couple of steps that the Russian government took in the last several days. One was reducing the energy supplies to Czechoslovakia." --referring to a country that no longer exists, Phoenix, Arizona, July 14, 2008

"I'm going to be honest: I know a lot less about economics than I do about military and foreign policy issues. I still need to be educated."

"The issue of economics is not something I've understood as well as I should. I've got Greenspan's book."

"Make it a hundred...That would be fine with me." -to a questioner who asked if he supported President Bush's vision for keeping U.S. troops in Iraq for 50 years

"The role of the vice president is to break ties in the Senate and inquire daily into the health of the president."

"We should be able to deliver bottled hot water to dehydrated babies." --Kenner, Louisiana, June 3, 2008
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can post more if you want. John McDuh makes Biden look like a amateur when it comes to Misstatements. But I guess he should be on top in just one subject, and that is "Stupidity"!

Jinxie just why would Hussien want his ACORN organization(and it is his organization) to register 100s of thousands of fraudlent voters if he didnt want those people who were not eligible to be voters if he didnt want them to vote for him.
There is a fellow named freddie johnson skinny black guy who said ACORN paid him money and cigarettes to register 73 times
Why doesnt the democrat party jesse jackson al sharpton Harry belafonte want people to present idenification before they can vote. the reason of course is that one person can be twenty- thirty people
and vote many times the only limitation would be the logistics getting from one place to another.
as you well know the mantra of the democrat party is to vote early vote often. Laws mean nothing to you democrats most especiallly in this election when the fate of hussien is on the line . If he and you dont deliver the North American continent to Iran. hussiens jug ears will be lying on the ground in Tehran

Well you first need to get it right, instead of the Republican Spin you put on it. Your beginning to sound like That Pimp Hannity!

Acorn paid its staff for each person that they registered. So some lazy staff members just filled out the forms themselves to get money. But its proven that not all did that. because if they all did it than all the forms would be rejected. Obama himself said that those people should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

However even if Mickey Mouse gets registered to vote, I would really like to be at the polls the day he tries to vote, so I can get a look at the Picture on his ID he has to present.

Anyone that registers voters knows in order to register to vote you must present a Picture ID with signature on it. Both my Daughters work volunteer their time off in the Obama Campaign here in Florida. One in Tampa and one in Miami and have successfully registered over 6000 New voters at the Universities and elsewhere.

Registration is over here in Florida but not one has been rejected because they followed the Election Code, and they have been checked by the Supervisor of elections here in Florida. They did not get paid like the Acorn People, in fact my Daughter who speaks Fluent Cuban has registered many First time Cuban Voters.

I just talked to her about Acorn and she said, "Obama Doesn't need to cheat to beat McCain here in Florida even most long time Republican Cubans hate McCain"!.

And as usual all the rest of your post including your "Chicken Little Theories" and the rest of your ridiculous ranting's are nothing more than Bull Sh.it!

Making a big thing about Obamas Ears and Lips isn't going to win any election for John McBabble!

But let me add one of my own since you like to joke so much about Obama---------
"I heard that the only time that Exxon John McSenile don't have to pee is when he's Peeing"!

Duane did this subject say 'Senator Obama won"

No it did not, but gave information on why he is winning, which I guess you can not read nor seem to want to, just throw out your racist BS once again

freddie johnson Did all this for Cigaretts.

Thats not really much of a bribe. He don't have very high expectations. Hes gotta be a Republican!

Another Republican Governor Backs Obama
Former Massachusetts Gov. William Weld (R) endorsed Sen. Barack Obama for president, the Boston Globe reports.

Said Weld: "Senator Obama is a once-in-a-lifetime candidate who will transform our politics and restore America's standing in the world. We need a president who will lead based on our common values and Senator Obama demonstrates an ability to unite and inspire."

Yesterday, former Minnesota Gov. Arne Carlson (R) announced his support for Obama.

Draino. If Acorn is getting people to vote twenty or thirty times, maybe it is the payback for all off the times you bigoted raceist *******s denied us the right to vote. Obama/ Biden have not won yet. But they are scaring the hell out of you bigots. And I do believe we darkies, good white folk ,,,hispanics, Asians, Muslims gays and every other group that has been denied the rights promised under our constitution and bill of rights will put in a president house of representatives,Senate, Supreme court and cabinet that will make even you and your klan buddies satisfied.. So my bigoted buddy if that dark fellow with the name of Hussein becomes President of these United States of America. I am sure that even you will learn to love him.