Return to Website

The Ivy Division Forum

WELCOME to THE IVY DIVISION Message Forum 
THIS website is a private SUPPORT SITE for 4th ID veterans, active duty soldiers, family members, friends and everyone who supports our troops no matter how you feel about our leaders. Troublemakers, gossips. trolls, liars, etc are NOT welcome here. Posts that defame,, humiliate and/or intimidate other posters or the webmaster will be deleted without notice or comment. Please read the rules on the Main Page, thank you!
This forum has a long history, by interent standards anyway-unfortunately it has been abandoned for far too long due to real life circumstances knocking the heck out of what had been my very real desire to keep this board alive and well forever so that all of us could meet here and communicate with each other everyday.

I'm not sure that a forum like this is even needed nowadays since the advent of facebook, etc...but I hope that this once thriving BB does bring some of us back together again and that maybe some new folks will join us as well!   
Webmaster: Bob Poff, C-1-8, 1968-1969 robert8h@yahoo.com
Thank You for Visiting The Ivy Division.com!
Open 24 Hours a Day, 365 Days a Year
Friends of The Ivy Division
A.B.,HONORARY GRUNT!
jinks' www.vietnamvets.com messageboard
Jim Bury's Ivy Dragoons website
Redleg's 4ID Forum

The IVY Division is back, the love of my life
Julie and I are married and we welcome
you Back to the IVY Division Forum!!!

The Ivy Division Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Why does Sarah Palin pal around with felons?

There was nothing maverick about Sarah Palin's political alliance with Alaska Senator Ted Stevens.

Palin cut an ad featuring Stevens when she ran for governor and ran a 527 group on Stevens' behalf. When they worked together on a natural gas pipeline, Palin said, "It is so encouraging to hear again that Senator Stevens and I are singing from the same sheet of music."

And when Palin was picked as McCain's running mate, here's what Stevens said:

It's a great day for the nation and Alaskans. Governor Palin has proven herself as a bright, energetic leader for our State and will bring the same energy to the Vice Presidency. She will serve our country with distinction -- the first Alaskan and first woman on the Republican ticket. I share in the pride of all Alaskans.

I have known and worked with Sarah for over a decade from her service as Mayor of Wasilla, Alaska, in her role as president of the Alaska Conference of Mayors, and most recently as our Governor. She is attentive to her job and family, brings people together, and is able to make tough decisions.

The blog Populista Report
http://populistareport.blogspot.com/2008/10/why-does-sarah-palin-pal-around-with.html

has a great rundown of the Palin-Stevens relationship and asks, "Why does Palin pal around with felons?"

As recently as July, the same month Stevens was indicted, Palin said of him: "I have great respect for the Senator. He needs to be heard across America. His voice, his experience, his passion needs to be heard across America so that Alaska can contribute more." Here's the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YptTFDsktVQ

Re: Why does Sarah Palin pal around with felons?

McCain, Palin Call on Stevens to Resign

AP
posted: 6 HOURS 21 MINUTES AGO

WASHINGTON (Oct. 28) - Republican presidential candidate John McCain called Tuesday for Alaska Sen. Ted Stevens to step down in the aftermath of his felony convictions in a federal corruption case, saying the longtime Republican "has broken his trust with the people."

McCain's running mate, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, also said Stevens should resign. In an interview with CNBC, Palin said Stevens should step aside now and allow the state to elect someone else.

I hope that the old crook sticks it out and gets beat by his democratic opponent.

If he wins, the Senate will have to kick him out - and then Palin will get to appoint his successor.

Mike Ivy Stevens was only convicted a couple of days ago and the last i heard would still have the right to an appeal. Unless YOU have removed that possibility from any one who disagrees with you. A very likely scenario.

Hey Mike, in case you haven't figured it out yet, these mooks use the IOKIYAAR concept for dealing with the world.

If a liberal's name is listed anywhere in an encyclopedia that mentions misbehavior, they will find a way to link the liberal to it. But if a member of their team is convicted of 7 felonies, well he couldn't possibly be guilty of anything and his conviction must be a conspiracy of evil liberals.

Because no matter what they do, IOKIYAAR! It is Okay If You Are A Republican.

Read last nite that the crook would still be eligible for his $122,000/yr. pension!! At 84, he shouldn't be there anyway...

everyone the longest serving democrat in the senate . Killer kennedy caused the death of a young woman in 1969. Her LIFE was written off by the democrat party to keep one of your own from being embarresed. the man who took her body out of the spoiled ones TEDDY' CAR thought she was probably in a air pocket and may have been alive for some time. had the democrat killer kennedy reported the incident a few minutes after it happened . Her life may have been saved. But it would have been obvious that TEDDY was drunk so her life was forfeit. Anything for the good of the democrats. And old drunken killetr kennedy is still there .

Looks like both McCain and Palin didn't Bother to listen to Duane, They both said that the Old Buzzard should step down. They probably knew long ago that he was a thief and so far in the Oil Companies pockets he would never get out.

Add another Republican to the load on board the "Straight Talk Express" on its way over the Bridge to No-Where!!
In Stevens case its the Bridge to the BIG HOUSE!!

Quano has a Kennedy fixation. He apparently is unable to recognize the difference between a man who has been convicted of a crime and a man who was never charged with a crime.

And for some reason, he apparently thinks that democrats vote on a national basis - otherwise, why would he keep complaining to us about Ted Kennedy still being in the senate?

Okay, one final try - listen up Quano: I have never voted for Ted Kennedy in my life. I will never vote for Ted Kennedy. I understand that you have some kind of weird fixation on the dude, but that is not our fault.

jaqui mary jo Kopekne lost her life because of kennedy. I never knew her but unlike you guys i do value human life. Kennedy got out of that car after he drove it off that brige but he chose to not get her help. He walked right by a house with the light on a with a telephone that could have been used to call for help for her. THE reason he was never charged was because the Kennedys with their bootlegging fortune owned the state of Massechusets and still do. No democrat anywhere in this country would care at all how many people he killed. he did report the incident afer a 12 hour wait . Time enough for him to sober up.

Duane at first Sarah Palin said that Stevens would do the right thing, what ever that was. Once McCain said that Stevens should stepped down Palin agreed. Did you bother to watch the video? probably not.

Now the word is Palin hopes he steps down after he wins reelection [ people loves bad politicans] a special election can be held which would slam her right into his seat in the senate, once she returns home as a Governor again.

Quano, you are a bald-faced liar. You don't give a hoot in hell about that girl. If she hadn't been connected to Kennedy, you wouldn't even have known that she died. If she had died in exactly the same way, but with some local man driving, you wouldn't even have given a second thought.

Following Conviction, Stevens Falls Behind in Alaska Senate Race

Election 2008: Alaska Senate
Following Conviction, Stevens Falls Behind in Alaska Senate Race

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Republican Senator Ted Stevens has fallen eight points behind Democrat Mark Begich in his bid for re-election, and most Alaska voters now believe Stevens should resign from office.

The latest Rasmussen Reports survey of Alaska voters, conducted a day after Stevens was found guilty of filing false financial disclosure forms, finds that 52% plan to vote for Begich while 44% support Stevens. Alaskan Independence Party candidate Bob Bird picks up three percent (3%) of the vote while two percent (2%) remain undecided.

Polling before the trial showed the Senate race to be a toss-up.

Only 74% of Republicans say they will vote for the nominee of their party while 21% of GOP voters will cast their ballot for Begich, the mayor of Anchorage.

Fifty-two percent (52%) of Alaska voters say Stevens should resign while 39% disagree. Republican leaders including John McCain, his running mate Sarah Palin, the current governor of Alaska, and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell have all called upon Stevens to step down.

On Monday, a federal jury in Washington found the 84-year old Senator guilty on charges stemming from a failure to report more than $250,000 in gifts and home renovations. Stevens has been a leader in Alaska politics for longer than Alaska has been a state and is the longest serving Republican senator in the history of the nation.

Seventy-four percent (74%) say they have followed news coverage of the trial Very Closely. Another 22% say they are following it Somewhat Closely.

(Want a free daily e-mail update? Sign up now. If it's in the news, it's in our polls).

Stevens is now viewed favorably by 43% of Alaska voters, down from 54% before the trial began. Still, even after the guilty verdict, 52% of voters say Stevens is about as ethical as most politicians. Fifteen percent (15%) say Stevens is more ethical than most of his peers while 31% say he is less ethical. These reactions say as much about perceptions of politicians as they do about Stevens.

Begich earns positive reviews from 57%, little changed from the previous poll.

Palin earns good or excellent reviews as governor from 61% of voters in her home state, virtually unchanged from polling last month. Eighty-five percent (85%) of Republicans and 59% of unaffiliated voters give Palin positive marks.

Overall, just 22% rate her job performance as poor, a figure that includes 44% of Democrats.

Fifty-one percent (51%) of Alaska voters say that Palin is more ethical than most politicians. Another 26% say she is about as ethical as her peers while just 22% say she is less ethical than your average politician.

Todd Palin, Alaska’s “First Dude,” is viewed favorably by 62% and unfavorably by 32%.

McCain continues to hold a strong lead over Barack Obama in Alaska’s presidential race. The latest poll will be released today at 5 p.m.

Rasmussen Markets data currently gives Stevens a 7.5% chance of retaining his seat in the Senate. Numbers in this paragraph are from a prediction market, not a poll. We invite you to participate in the Rasmussen Markets. It costs nothing to join and add your voice to the collective wisdom of the market.

Stevens is far from the only Republican senator in trouble, and Democrats are likely to pick up several Senate seats next Tuesday. Other Republican seats are at risk in Virginia, Minnesota, New Hampshire, Colorado, New Mexico, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi and Oregon.

jaqui anyone other than killer kennedy would have tried to get her help or would have tried to help her himself. Because anyone other a lowlife democrat like killer and the rest of his ilk. which is almost all democrats. He and his friends whowere all drunk naturally went back to where he had driven the care off the bridge. It was shallow water it was up side down. You can read about it . just type in kennedy chappaquidik. when his friends got there killer sat onn the bridge crying. He was not a man and still isnt . Hopefully God will use this brainn tumer to send him to hell for eternity. The kennedys can have family reunion down there. along with lots more democrats.

Tell me, Quano, were you in the car? If not, you don't know a ****ed thing about what happened other than what has been reported.

And I say again. If this girl was not connected to the Kennedy's you would not give a single **** about her.

jaqui you would and do give any democrat carte blanche to destroy any ones life as long as the PEOPLE BEING DESTROYED ARE americans. Type the words Kennedy chappiquidik in and you will find the whole story. Teddy couldnt keep a driving lIcense because of his drunkenness. Yet thE the morning after the incident he had a brand new drivers license issued by Masss. he had been soaked but according to the reporters the license he was given haD NEVER EVEN BEEn WET. Dimbocrats like you go along with anything as long as americans are harmed. you will never do or say anything against terrorism, because you hope Hussien will reward you.

Duane stay on topic, if you want a forum subject about Kennedy please start one.

Hey Mike, you have to understand that Quano can't help it. He really only has about three topics to talk about. He spends his life trying to find slightly different ways to keep saying the same thing over and over again.

JackB onlhy problem I have is that it is getting harder and harder to read his posts since his grammer and spelling are so terrible that he probablt can not understand what he writes himself.

Actually Mike its not really that hard.

If you have read one you have read them all.

A few Key words to look for:

Liberal
Dumocrat
Dimocrat
Terrorist
Real American
Killer Kennedy
Communist
Oil Company

and my favorite one:
"You People"