Return to Website

The Ivy Division Forum

WELCOME to THE IVY DIVISION Message Forum 
THIS website is a private SUPPORT SITE for 4th ID veterans, active duty soldiers, family members, friends and everyone who supports our troops no matter how you feel about our leaders. Troublemakers, gossips. trolls, liars, etc are NOT welcome here. Posts that defame,, humiliate and/or intimidate other posters or the webmaster will be deleted without notice or comment. Please read the rules on the Main Page, thank you!
This forum has a long history, by interent standards anyway-unfortunately it has been abandoned for far too long due to real life circumstances knocking the heck out of what had been my very real desire to keep this board alive and well forever so that all of us could meet here and communicate with each other everyday.

I'm not sure that a forum like this is even needed nowadays since the advent of facebook, etc...but I hope that this once thriving BB does bring some of us back together again and that maybe some new folks will join us as well!   
Webmaster: Bob Poff, C-1-8, 1968-1969 robert8h@yahoo.com
Thank You for Visiting The Ivy Division.com!
Open 24 Hours a Day, 365 Days a Year
Friends of The Ivy Division
A.B.,HONORARY GRUNT!
jinks' www.vietnamvets.com messageboard
Jim Bury's Ivy Dragoons website
Redleg's 4ID Forum

The IVY Division is back, the love of my life
Julie and I are married and we welcome
you Back to the IVY Division Forum!!!

The Ivy Division Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hey Jack, with an HONORABLE man I would expect an apology

A new video advertisement released by the Obama campaign says the candidate's promised tax cuts are for citizens making less than $200,000 a year, not the widely reported figure of $250,000.

"Adding to the confusion, Obama's running mate, Joe Biden, said in an interview yesterday the cuts are for even fewer people, limited to incomes of $150,000 or less".

Go ahead and keep making a fool of yourself when you continually call me a liar, lair.

Re: Hey Jack, with an HONORABLE man I would expect an apology

if Hussien and ol hairplug the rewriter of history keep gong . By Tuesday there will be no tax cuts foe the people just the favored democrats . Who will willingly lie down in front of the One. that is almost every , HELL its all dumbocrats will do that wanting to keep their heads on their necks.

Okay, Russ, here is an apology: I am very sorry that you are incapable of understanding what you hear or read. How is that?

Nothing has changed, bubba. You just never paid any attention to what the guy was saying - and no matter how much you would like it to be, that is not my fault.

Feel better now?

Nope you jerk.

I said thatI heard the tail end of the news story on the truck radio.

And likewise I'm sorry you can't understand a pair of flim-flam men when you hear them....

Also pray tell have you ever known a Dumbocrat that didn't like to tax the h**l of of Americans? As I have never seen or heard of one in my life.

And did you ever see a republican that understood the need to pay for what they get? Well, hell, yes I have. That is one of the things that conservative used to stand for.

Sadly, you are now just a lot of greedy borrow and spend big government jerkoffs who want other people not yet born to pay for your lifestyle. That is why so many repulicans are leving the party to vote for Obama - they have both brains and hearts.

That is why so many repulicans are leving the party to vote for Obama - they have both brains and hearts.

Prove it mouth. That is the big thing about you, you toss out made up stats as if you have some bases for them.

Hot air with nothing to back you up.

Fully one half of voters disagree with you Bubba....

I find it very funny - you who pull stuff out of your ass - asking anyone to prove anything.

But hell, lets just list a few sort of noticeable Republicans who have publicly announced that they are crossing to the Democratic side to endorse Obama. You can google these guys, Russ, since I doubt very seriously if you keep up with your own party much more than you do anything else:

Colin Powell, Secretary of State under Bush 43
Douglas Kmiec, Head of the Office of Legal Counsel under Reagan & Bush 41
Lincoln Chafee, Former United States Senator from Rhode Island
William Weld, Former Governor of Massachusetts
Arne Carlson, Former Governor of Minnesota
Charles Fried, Solicitor General of the United States under Reagan
Tricia Moseley, a former staffer for the late Sen. Strom Thurmond
Wayne Gilchrest, Congressman from Maryland
Jackson M. Andrews, Former Counsel to the U.S. Senate, & 1986 Republican Senatorial Nominee for Kentucky
Susan Eisenhower, Granddaughter of President Eisenhower & President of the Eisenhower Group
Charles Mathias, Former Congressman from Maryland
Francis ********* Advisor to President Reagan
Rita Hauser, Former White House intelligence advisor under George W. Bush
Larry Pressler, Former Senator from South Dakota
Larry Hunter, Former President Reagan Policy Advisor
Jim Whitaker, Fairbanks, Alaska Mayor
Lowell Weicker, Former Governor and Senator from Connecticut
Bill Ruckelshaus, served in the Nixon and Reagan administrations
Ken Adelman, served in the Ford administration
Linwood Holton, Former Governor of Virginia
Bruce Rabb, served in the Nixon administration
George C. Lodge, Assistant Secretary of Labor under President Eisenhower
William B. Ewald, Jr., Special Assistant under President Eisenhower
Robert R. Bowie, Former Assistant Secretary for Policy Planning, Department of state
Jarold Kieffer, Former Assistant Secretary, Health, Education & Welfare
Roswell B. Perkins, Former Assistant Secretary, Health, Education & Welfare
Timothy Ashby, served in the Reagan and Bush 41 administrations
Jeffrey Hart, National Review Senior Editor
Christopher Buckley, Son of National Review founder William F. Buckley & former NR columnist
Andrew Sullivan, Columnist for the Atlantic Monthly
Richard S. Seline, Finance Director, Republican Party of Texas
David Caprara, Faith-Based Initiatives Director, Federal Volunteer Service Agency under Bush 43
Michael Smerconish, Columnist for the Philadelphia Enquirer
CC Goldwater, Granddaughter of Barry Goldwater

These are all republican governement officials or former official who realized that their own party had gone down the tubes and looked for a chance change. You have to know that everyday republicans will be doing the same thing.

Clinton Democrats Endorse McCain/Palin Ticket
Posted on October 5th, 2008 by Admin

This political season has been a long, strange trip — and it isn’t over yet. I have been a proud Democrat my entire life, and never thought I would see the day when I would pull the lever for a Republican. Then again, I never thought I would see the day when the party of democracy won elections through disenfranchisement, intimidation, race-baiting and fraud.

I never thought I would see the day when members of my own party — the “Big Tent Party” — marginalized women, blue-collar workers, hispanics, gays and rural Americans in order to install scoffing liberal elites that chill free-speech and apparently place no value on real democracy. And don’t tell me the end justifies the means.

If Obama wins this election, it will be the end of the Democratic party as we know it because millions of Clinton Democrats will either switch parties or create a truly viable third party that has the old Democratic values — because they will have no seat at the table in an Obama-controlled party apparatus.

If Obama loses, we will have a Democratic majority in Congress and a proven bi-partisan, experienced president that loves his country in the White House, and as a bonus, the first female vice-president. The far left will be marginalized by more centrist Democrats that hope to actually win an election four years from now and know they must run and govern from the center to do so.

With the economic crisis tilting the polls towards Obama, we have decided to become more active in support of the McCain/Palin ticket. This has been a difficult decision and even though this site is not sanctioned by the Hillary Clinton campaign, there was worry about a backlash on Hillary herself. At this critical juncture, we have decided that as much as we love Hillary, this has become larger than her campaign. Much larger.

ClintonDems.com is now endorsing the McCain/Palin ticket because we believe it is best at this trying time for our country to have a candidate in office with a history of accomplishment and service to the country. A candidate with humility and honor and judgement that loves America and what it stands for…and that will reach across the aisle to cure what ails her.

Clearly some of you will not be able to join in this revolt…we understand that. I hope that those of you that stick around will help get the word out.

Clinton Democrats for McCain/Palin

As Barack Obama and John McCain battle for the Hispanic vote, a leading Latino backer of Hillary Clinton is crossing party lines to support the Republican presidential nominee.

In an interview Thursday, Miguel D. Lausell, a Puerto Rican businessman and longtime Democratic activist and fund-raiser, came out for Sen. McCain. While he said he doesn't agree with all the policy positions of the Republican candidate and his running mate, Sarah Palin, Mr. Lausell added: "I find McCain to be a sound person and a man with a track record. I know where he is coming from." Mr. Lausell had been a major backer of Bill Clinton and served as a senior political adviser to Sen. Clinton's unsuccessful bid this year for the Democratic presidential nomination.

Mr. Lausell said he feels Sen. Obama "doesn't really regard the Hispanic community as important." Sen. Clinton won a large majority of the Hispanic vote in most primaries, and Latino voters are an important bloc in swing states such as Florida, Nevada and New Mexico. Most polls show Sen. Obama leads Sen. McCain among Latinos.

Mr. Lausell said that as a "lifelong Democrat," this is the first time he has supported a Republican presidential candidate. A Harvard Law School graduate, Mr. Lausell's business career has included a stint as chief executive of the Puerto Rico Telephone Co. and chairman of PonceBank, a large Puerto Rican financial institution. Mr. Lausell once had a position with the Democratic National Committee and served on a national finance board for Al Gore's unsuccessful 2000 presidential run. In 2004, he helped start a nonprofit aimed at boosting Latino turnout for Democrats.

Sen. Clinton, for her part, has firmly come out for Sen. Obama and asked her supporters to do the same. While many of her biggest backers have gotten on the Obama bandwagon, numerous others have held back and some have been looking to support Sen. Obama's general-election opponent. Earlier this week, another prominent Clinton supporter, Lynn Forester de Rothschild, declared for the Republican nominee. Other former Clinton backers may be declaring for Sen. McCain in the days ahead, according to someone familiar with the situation.

Public-opinion polls in recent weeks also show that a potentially significant minority of Clinton voters from the primaries still haven't decided whether to vote for Sen. Obama. If the Democratic nominee loses a large number of Clinton voters, it could prove crucial in a close presidential race.

A spokesman for Sen. Obama declined to comment on the move of some Clinton backers to the McCain camp. In recent weeks, the Obama campaign has touted the endorsements of current and former Republican officeholders, including Rep. Wayne Gilchrest of Maryland, former Iowa Rep. Jim Leach and former Rhode Island Sen. Lincoln Chafee.

Mr. Lausell cited several objections he has with Sen. Obama. "The U.S. is in a very difficult situation these days and I don't want someone without experience at the helm," he said. Mr. Lausell said he likes Delaware Sen. Joe Biden, but felt that if Sen. Obama was going to reach inside of Washington for a vice presidential running mate, he should have chosen Sen. Clinton, "who received 18 million votes" during the presidential primaries.

A poll by the Military Times newspaper group suggests that there is overwhelming support for John McCain among U.S. troops in every branch of the armed forces by a nearly 3-1 margin.

According to the poll, 68 percent of active-duty and retired servicemen and women support McCain, while 23 percent support Barack Obama. The numbers are nearly identical among officers and enlisted troops.

Click here to see the raw data.

The Military Times, which publishes the Army Times, Navy Times, Marine Corps Times and Air Force Times, polled 80,000 subscribers from Sept 22 to Sept. 29. The non-scientific survey gathered 4,300 respondents — all of them registered and eligible to vote….

U.S. troops also said in the poll that they prefer McCain to handle the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan — 74 percent said McCain would perform better, while just 19 percent said Obama would.

Four years ago the Iraq War was the single most important issue on which the military voted. But the war now ranks third in importance to these voters. The most important issue among the respondents was character (42 percent), followed by the economy (25 percent) and the Iraq War (16 percent)….

Yet judging by the numbers, it appears that the Democratic party has not made many inroads into the traditionally Republican military.

Hey man do you really want me to post more?????

Didn't think so Bubba.

Sorry couldn't help myself

FORMER HILLARY CLINTON ACTIVISTS MIGUEL D. LAUSELL AND LUCHY SECAIRA ENDORSE JOHN MCCAIN
As Democrats for McCain Ranks Continue to Grow, “Change Is Coming”

ARLINGTON, VA — The McCain-Palin presidential campaign today announced the endorsement of Miguel D. Lausell, Senior Political Advisor to Hillary Clinton, and Clinton Delegate-at-Large Luchy Secaira.
“Although I supported Hillary during the primaries, I now support John McCain and Governor Palin because I am putting my country first,” said Secaira, former Hillary Clinton Florida Delegate-at-Large. “They have the experience and judgment to lead America through these difficult times, and I trust them to work with Democrats to do the right thing for our country.”
Lausell, who advised Senator Clinton on a variety of issues including international trade, telecommunications and Latino affairs, added, “John McCain has a long record of reforming government and working across the aisle to achieve bipartisan results. His courageous leadership is exactly what we need in the White House, and I am convinced that John McCain is the right leader at the right time for our nation.”
Both Lausell and Secaira supported Sen. Hillary Clinton during the primaries, but they will campaign for the McCain-Palin ticket.
Lausell has served as President and CEO of the Puerto Rico Telephone Company; Executive Director of the Puerto Rico Telephone Authority; a member of the Governor of Puerto Rico’s Economic Strategic Council; President of the Export Policy Commission of Puerto Rico; and Undersecretary of the Department of the Treasury of Puerto Rico. He served on the National Finance Board of the Gore 2000 Committee and was a member of the Democratic National Committee’s Leadership 2000 Board.
Secaira, who is of Dominican descent, traveled to eight states to coordinate grassroots efforts for Senator Clinton, has a doctorate of neuropsychology and was trained at New York University.

You are too funny, dude. You list like three people who were Hillary supporters to refute a ton of former repulican party officials or representatives. Yep, that is one powerful comparison.

As for the Military Times, that was not a poll of the U.S. military - nobody checked opinions from a wide range of military members. The so-called poll that you are referring to was a voluntary poll of subscribers to that military newspaper - subscribers that chose to participate replied to a question posted in the newspaper rather than a.

In the same story that reported on their poll, the Military Times, also cautioned that their typical subscribers are older more senior ranking people with much less ethnic diversity than the general ranks. In other words, the results of the poll does not actually represent the military as a whole because it misses the vast majority of the enlisted ranks.

So, once again, your survey does not say what you claim that it does.

Read this again (or for the first time I suspect) from a life long Democrat. A soaring indicment if

Clinton Democrats Endorse McCain/Palin Ticket
Posted on October 5th, 2008 by Admin

This political season has been a long, strange trip — and it isn’t over yet. I have been a proud Democrat my entire life, and never thought I would see the day when I would pull the lever for a Republican. Then again, I never thought I would see the day when the party of democracy won elections through disenfranchisement, intimidation, race-baiting and fraud.

I never thought I would see the day when members of my own party — the “Big Tent Party” — marginalized women, blue-collar workers, hispanics, gays and rural Americans in order to install scoffing liberal elites that chill free-speech and apparently place no value on real democracy. And don’t tell me the end justifies the means.

If Obama wins this election, it will be the end of the Democratic party as we know it because millions of Clinton Democrats will either switch parties or create a truly viable third party that has the old Democratic values — because they will have no seat at the table in an Obama-controlled party apparatus.

If Obama loses, we will have a Democratic majority in Congress and a proven bi-partisan, experienced president that loves his country in the White House, and as a bonus, the first female vice-president. The far left will be marginalized by more centrist Democrats that hope to actually win an election four years from now and know they must run and govern from the center to do so.

With the economic crisis tilting the polls towards Obama, we have decided to become more active in support of the McCain/Palin ticket. This has been a difficult decision and even though this site is not sanctioned by the Hillary Clinton campaign, there was worry about a backlash on Hillary herself. At this critical juncture, we have decided that as much as we love Hillary, this has become larger than her campaign. Much larger.

ClintonDems.com is now endorsing the McCain/Palin ticket because we believe it is best at this trying time for our country to have a candidate in office with a history of accomplishment and service to the country. A candidate with humility and honor and judgement that loves America and what it stands for…and that will reach across the aisle to cure what ails her.

Clearly some of you will not be able to join in this revolt…we understand that. I hope that those of you that stick around will help get the word out.

Clinton Democrats for McCain/Palin

I noticed that you did not show a website for this "alleged" group. How many members do they have? They are probably the same people who made up the "Swift Boat" group, which you again managed to endorse. I don't imagine that you watched Clinton's resounding endorsement of Obama in Florida last night.
I think I've finally figured out why you guys think the media has a Liberal bias. I once thought you were making it up. Now I understand. From your perspective, anyone who doesn't agree with you has a Liberal bias. You would probably consider "Mein Kampf" to have a Liberal bias. So if you guys managed to dig up a couple of people, who claim to have voted for Bill Clinton, I understand your excitement.