Return to Website

The Ivy Division Forum

WELCOME to THE IVY DIVISION Message Forum 
THIS website is a private SUPPORT SITE for 4th ID veterans, active duty soldiers, family members, friends and everyone who supports our troops no matter how you feel about our leaders. Troublemakers, gossips. trolls, liars, etc are NOT welcome here. Posts that defame,, humiliate and/or intimidate other posters or the webmaster will be deleted without notice or comment. Please read the rules on the Main Page, thank you!
This forum has a long history, by interent standards anyway-unfortunately it has been abandoned for far too long due to real life circumstances knocking the heck out of what had been my very real desire to keep this board alive and well forever so that all of us could meet here and communicate with each other everyday.

I'm not sure that a forum like this is even needed nowadays since the advent of facebook, etc...but I hope that this once thriving BB does bring some of us back together again and that maybe some new folks will join us as well!   
Webmaster: Bob Poff, C-1-8, 1968-1969 robert8h@yahoo.com
Thank You for Visiting The Ivy Division.com!
Open 24 Hours a Day, 365 Days a Year
Friends of The Ivy Division
A.B.,HONORARY GRUNT!
jinks' www.vietnamvets.com messageboard
Jim Bury's Ivy Dragoons website
Redleg's 4ID Forum

The IVY Division is back, the love of my life
Julie and I are married and we welcome
you Back to the IVY Division Forum!!!

The Ivy Division Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Jeez, even Fox News is turning on McCain. Is nothing sacred?

Neil Cavuto on John McCain: 'On economic matters, you have no convictions'
Thursday Oct 30, 2008 6:45am

On FBC's Cavuto show, Neil Cavuto lambasted John McCain over his economic policies, or lack thereof. It's a searing commentary on McCain's nonsensical approach and the shifting positions he has taken during his campaign.

Cavuto: Frankly, neither of your numbers adds up. But I’ve come to see a consistent pattern in Obama's. For the life of me, Senator Straight Talk, I see no such straight thing with yours.

You rail against big government, yet continue to push cockamamie spending plans that make a mockery of it. That's why you're losing right now, Senator McCain.

Not because you don't have the courage of your convictions. But because on economic matters, you have no convictions, period....

Woof! Is the sky falling? Is the world turning upside down?
A Fox News host actually smacking around a republican candidate? When you add this to Shepard Smith's telling Joe the Unlicensed Plumber Who is Now Shopping For a Book Deal & a Country Western Recording Contract that his comments at a McCain rally were not only inaccurate, but that they were dangerous....well, maybe it is the end of times.

Of

Re: Jeez, even Fox News is turning on McCain. Is nothing sacred?

Hey Frack I've been saying for a very long time that McCain is a quasi-conservative at best. I will also hold my nose when I pull the level for McCain.

I've been wanting to make mention of your disgusting indicment of McCain's service...at that is from one that vigerously defended the fraud and make believe hero John sKerry and his fairy tale military history when his stories were questioned by the very men that served with that chump.

PUTZ

Jon Mc cain wants the american people to be able to have what thye have earned and worked for. So they can invest there profits in the hope of getting more profits and along the way. Hiring people paying those people hired a good wage.
I get a magazine from Colorado an oil service co has ads looking for workers in their operations. starting pay $19. per hour insurance 401 k vacations included. No experience needed.
Jaqui will the ONE and you in your marxist society do that. Of course you wont. Neither of you will do anything to grow the american economy. the ONE will only steal the property thatr belongs to Americans.
That is what Jack Welch the man who was CEO of GE for twenty years said about the Golden Ones ideas. He said the ONE ideas will destroy the United States. Unlike Chris mathews who has a tingling sensation and slimy stuff run down his legs everytime obama opens his mouth. Barney Franks must have the same reaction or nmaybe Barneys anal opening dilates automaticly when he sees Obama.

My disgusting indictment of McCain's service? Only one of you right wing worshipping dufuses would consider stating the truth to be disgusting. You should just wake up and admit that it is the facts that are biased against McCain's service. Consider:

1. McCain graduated in the bottom 1% of his class - he was fourth from the bottom.

2. He got into one of the highly comptetitive flight school slots which normally only went to top graduates from the Naval Academy. Daddy's influence strikes again.

3. In flight school he remained a below par student. During landing practice, McCain's engine stalled and he crashed into Corpus Christi Bay. Naval investigators tested the engine and found no mechanical problems. Their report concluded: "In the opinion of the board, the pilot's preoccupation in the cockpit . . . coupled with the use of a power setting too low to maintain level flight in a turn were the primary causes of this accident."

4. While serving on the aircraft carrier Intrepid, McCain was flying too low over southern Spain when he flew into electrical wires, causing a blackout. He brought his crippled Skyraider back to the Intrepid, dragging 10 feet of wire - In his 1999 autobiography, "Faith of My Fathers," McCain briefly recounts the incident, calling it the result of "daredevil clowning" and "flying too low." McCain did not elaborate on what happened. The Times, seeking follow-up information could find no military records of the accident.[Gee, thanks, Dad].

5. McCain was flying a Navy Trainer,for unknown reasons, from a Navy airfied in New York City enroute to Norfork, VA when he reported that he heard an explosion in his engine which then flamed out. McCain bailed out and the plane crashed.
In a report dated Jan. 18, 1966, the Naval Aviation Safety Center said it could not determine the cause of the accident or corroborate McCain's account of an explosion in the engine. A close examination of the engine found "no discrepancies which would have caused or contributed to engine failure or malfunction." A second report a few weeks later said that there was an engine failure. [Help me Daddy, help me.]

The man was just a lousy pilot. McCain's commanders sarcastically dubbed him "Ace McCain" because of his string of pre-Vietnam accidents - this is according to Maurice Rishel, who commanded McCain's VA-65 squadron in early 1961, when it was deployed in the Mediterranean.

It is the straight truth that anybody whose daddy wasn't a four star Admiral would have had his ass swithced to ship board duty - assuming that he was not sent home altogether - long before his service in Nam came up.

Because McCain had an influential father and grandfather, he not only got to stay in the Navy, he got to retain his flight status. No way on the planet that would have happened for anybody else.

But the Navy wasn't totally stupid - they knew that he was lousy. That is why they assigned him to an A-4 squadron rather than letting him fly the newer and much more expensive aircraft.

McCain spent just about 20 hours in combat missions before being shot down.

According to a couple of his fellow prisoners, McCain performed adequately as a pow, but no better than any once else. He did give the North Viet Namese military information in return for medical attention. I don't particularly hold that against him, but it is true all the same. And he did accept an invitation to a very nice breakfast with the Cuban ambassador to Hanoi - another simple fact. That one, I personally believe that he should have turned down.

Now those are all facts - the guy was a lousy pilot and he had no command time prior to returning from the Hanoi Hilton. Had he not been shot down and become a prisoner of war, there is every chance that none of us would ever have heard of him.

Jack keep it up showing the whole world what a bitter azzhole you truly are

Do you know how to fly a kite ket alons a jet aircraft.

And someone had to fly them there cheap jets as you stated.

PUTA

Yep, the facts are a hard thing to fight, so you throw out some new names - or did you just mispell the last name that you have been using?

I am curious, though, as to whether you ever notice about your own responses to posts are literally lacking in any kind of support for your positions on things? You seem to be stuck with the responses that you learned back around the 1st grade. Stuff like: "Says Who?" and "Oh yeah!" or "So's your mother!"