Return to Website

The Ivy Division Forum

WELCOME to THE IVY DIVISION Message Forum 
THIS website is a private SUPPORT SITE for 4th ID veterans, active duty soldiers, family members, friends and everyone who supports our troops no matter how you feel about our leaders. Troublemakers, gossips. trolls, liars, etc are NOT welcome here. Posts that defame,, humiliate and/or intimidate other posters or the webmaster will be deleted without notice or comment. Please read the rules on the Main Page, thank you!
This forum has a long history, by interent standards anyway-unfortunately it has been abandoned for far too long due to real life circumstances knocking the heck out of what had been my very real desire to keep this board alive and well forever so that all of us could meet here and communicate with each other everyday.

I'm not sure that a forum like this is even needed nowadays since the advent of facebook, etc...but I hope that this once thriving BB does bring some of us back together again and that maybe some new folks will join us as well!   
Webmaster: Bob Poff, C-1-8, 1968-1969 robert8h@yahoo.com
Thank You for Visiting The Ivy Division.com!
Open 24 Hours a Day, 365 Days a Year
Friends of The Ivy Division
A.B.,HONORARY GRUNT!
jinks' www.vietnamvets.com messageboard
Jim Bury's Ivy Dragoons website
Redleg's 4ID Forum

The IVY Division is back, the love of my life
Julie and I are married and we welcome
you Back to the IVY Division Forum!!!

The Ivy Division Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Whoooo-hooooo!

America has changed forever. No miracles, no magic saviours, just a line crossed that can never be uncrossed.

Re: Whoooo-hooooo!

That is right, Jack...and it is wonderful for all of us!! The tears rolled to watch history in the making...think things will start looking up!!

I thought Senator McCain made a very gracious, and honest, concession speech. I also thought that President-elect Obama took a high road in his victory speech. I did not have the impression that either speech was idle rhetoric. This bodes well for America.

What a GREAT MOMENT in American History. Americans see no color and elect a man, who will lead us in a new Direction and Era were we are all Equal!!!

Doc...I agree re McCain's speech...think that is the best speech he ever made...and he is from AZ..Obama's speech was wonderful...unlike any Presidential acceptance speech I have ever heard...change, hope and progress and lots of work to do. Will be nice to have someone in the White House that has such good command of the English language...Happy Days Are Here Again!!

Joy

Ditto to all of the above.

"Let the word go forth from this time and place, to friend and foe alike, that the torch has been passed to a new generation of Americans" - John F. Kennedy Friday, January 20, 1961
I was reminded of these words while listening to the demographic breakdown of those who voted for Obama. Whether some like it, or not, the "New Generation" is color blind.

ditto to all the above

I really like that Doc.

I am proud of all of you that looked beyond color or race to elect what appears to be a brillant man that I believe will make a great President for our country.

Anyone been keeping an eye on Change.Gov?

I signed up on the website to get email updates...as I'm sure some of you have. Here's one I got today:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Friend --

Exactly one month ago, you made history by giving all Americans a real opportunity for change.

Now it's time to start preparing and working for change in our communities.

On December 13th and 14th, supporters are coming together in every part of the country to reflect on what we've accomplished and plan the future of this movement. Your ideas and feedback will be collected and used to guide this movement in the months and years ahead.

Join your friends and neighbors -- sign up to host or attend a Change is Coming house meeting near you.

Since the election, the challenges we face -- and our responsibility to take action -- have only gotten more urgent.

You can connect with fellow supporters, make progress on the issues you care about, and help shape the future of your community and our country.

Learn what you can do now to support President-elect Obama's agenda for change and continue to make a difference in your community.

Take the first important step by hosting or attending a Change is Coming house meeting. Sign up right now:

http://my.barackobama.com/changeiscoming

To get our country back on track, it will take all of us working together.

Barack and Joe have a clear agenda and an unprecedented opportunity for change. But they can't do it alone.

Will you join us at a house meeting and help plan the next steps for this movement?

Thanks,

David

David Plouffe
Campaign Manager
Obama for America
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am very pleased with the man we have chosen to be our next President. And isn't this a novel approach, asking us (the citizens) to contribute ideas and stories to help shape our own future?!