Return to Website

The Ivy Division Forum

WELCOME to THE IVY DIVISION Message Forum 
THIS website is a private SUPPORT SITE for 4th ID veterans, active duty soldiers, family members, friends and everyone who supports our troops no matter how you feel about our leaders. Troublemakers, gossips. trolls, liars, etc are NOT welcome here. Posts that defame,, humiliate and/or intimidate other posters or the webmaster will be deleted without notice or comment. Please read the rules on the Main Page, thank you!
This forum has a long history, by interent standards anyway-unfortunately it has been abandoned for far too long due to real life circumstances knocking the heck out of what had been my very real desire to keep this board alive and well forever so that all of us could meet here and communicate with each other everyday.

I'm not sure that a forum like this is even needed nowadays since the advent of facebook, etc...but I hope that this once thriving BB does bring some of us back together again and that maybe some new folks will join us as well!   
Webmaster: Bob Poff, C-1-8, 1968-1969 robert8h@yahoo.com
Thank You for Visiting The Ivy Division.com!
Open 24 Hours a Day, 365 Days a Year
Friends of The Ivy Division
A.B.,HONORARY GRUNT!
jinks' www.vietnamvets.com messageboard
Jim Bury's Ivy Dragoons website
Redleg's 4ID Forum

The IVY Division is back, the love of my life
Julie and I are married and we welcome
you Back to the IVY Division Forum!!!

The Ivy Division Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hmmmmm! Never say never.

Well 3 years a go I said I would never post here again. I was in the first group of posters when the 4th ID deployed. AKA BH DAD (204th FSB). It was really
good back then. So when "SAM" made comments, and made
very vulgar statements in April 2005 I lost all respect, and interest in the BB. I've continued to read it but didn't post.
Just wanted to say I'm here to say thanks for Your positive comments about the recent election. Since I Am Afican-American I'm proud History was made. I gave
the Bush administration My support, and now it is time
for a change. The reason I said thanks for the positive comments, being from the south I've already
got, and heard a bunch of nonsense crap! The American People has spoken.

We all can't be wrong especially 52%
of Us that said yes it is time for a change. Glad to be back on the BB, and finally I guess I have buried the hatchet.
PS- As You remember the FG70 meant formergrunt 1970.

Re: Hmmmmm! Never say never.

FG70, Sir!

Certainly is good to see your handle on the forum again!

Me, well, I have several handles. The handle "A.B", and then a couple of "lovehandles". First one I do not mind putting on the board, but the latter mentioned I try to hide as best as I can.

Hope to see more posts by you futurewise, and that all is well with you and with all whom you hold dear. T G C! ( = Take Good Care! )

Sincerely
A.B

Yep! So true,

"The American People have Spoken"!

I imagine that the "Nonsense" will still roll in by the Truckload. I have learned from the past, to smile and wave at it as its on its way to the Garbage Dump where it belongs.

Hi AB
Definitely remember You from the days back. Good to hear that You are okay. I need to get back in touch
with My Vet friends. I miss all of Them. Take care.

Welcome back, BH Dad....Today is a great day...or I should say yesterday!!

Joy

I don't think I realized just how much symbolic significance this had for black people, and minorities in general, until I watched the reactions on CNN last night. A CNN journalist, who happened to be black, became choked-up while talking about Obama's victory. He also payed homage to the white activists, who died fighting racism, in places like some back road in Mississippi.
When asked if he was sorry he wasn't in Grant Park, he answered "no." He said he had always felt a kinship with the black journalists who had fought racism in black newspapers. (such as "The Chicago Defender") He said he was a journalist, and he could think of nothing he would rather be doing, during a great historic moment, than his job - reporting the event on CNN. More than just a black journalist, he was a journalist reporting the event in the mainstream media.
I was also struck by the crowd in Grant park. It wasn't so much a black crowd as a young crowd. I recall the image of Jesse Jackson, standing in the midst of the crowd, with tears in his eyes.

All I could do during the returns...was cry...happy tears and also remembering the dark days in Chgo...Yes, I would have loved to be in Grant Park...used to go there for free concerts...yrs. ago...was a beautiful experience and I am glad I lived to see it.

Joy

FG70 welcome back even though I do not recall you, but then again ask me what I had for breadkfast and can't remember.

Yes this Presidential election was and is an historic one. The only issue I have is that President elect Obama is multiracial, not onlt Afro American.

I am verry excited for what hopefully will be a long road back to where America came from and return to the country that we all live in and love so much. It will be a very hard road for Obama and I hope he is, which I believe smart enough to select the right people to stand next to him and guide him in his endever to bring America back to the standings in the world we belong.

FG70 thank you for your service to our country and welcome home.

Mike
this was probably before You. Some of Us from the BB
met during 4th ID first homecoming at Ft. Hood What a great time.
I met Mr. Babcock 4th ID editor,Teri,Leslie Morey, one call Reville, Brenda Miller, and some others that I can't recall the names. So I stayed on the BB until around 2005. My real name is Scott. Joy, and Teri remembers for sure. Nam Vet 69-70 .

I to am a African American and I to was a regular on this forum. and I too left because of some of the comments made, until it was suggested by two people that I admire and respect. suggested to me that I come back on the forum to present my views on certain matters. I realize that there are different phylosophies and opinions on certain matters and I respect them, I realize that there are conservative views and liberal views I realize that there are republicans and that there are democrats and I now realize that there are small minded , low class poor white trash bigots that want to be racist butt do not have the power or intelligence to control any one so they are just low down dirt poor racist wannabe's So I will continue to ignore the *******s and bring to the attntion of the good people on this forum. Information that I think they may have an interest in. God bless America and our President.

So true Grant. And I agree You have some wonderful
sincere People here. Both Male and Female.

My M60 gunner in NAM wss Afro American and we called his skinny ass 'slim' wish I could remember his real name and find his skinny ass.

Hey FG70, I figured out way back when I was a young teen-ager that I couldn't afford to be predjudiced against any kind of people - it cut way too many young women out of the "possibles" column.

Well, that and maybe my sweet christian mama who taught me better.

Mike: There were some things about the "America we knew" that we never want to go back to. It is the hope, the ideal, and the promise, which we want to reclaim and achieve.
As Jack said, in a different thread, "America has changed forever"... and for better.