Return to Website

The Ivy Division Forum

WELCOME to THE IVY DIVISION Message Forum 
THIS website is a private SUPPORT SITE for 4th ID veterans, active duty soldiers, family members, friends and everyone who supports our troops no matter how you feel about our leaders. Troublemakers, gossips. trolls, liars, etc are NOT welcome here. Posts that defame,, humiliate and/or intimidate other posters or the webmaster will be deleted without notice or comment. Please read the rules on the Main Page, thank you!
This forum has a long history, by interent standards anyway-unfortunately it has been abandoned for far too long due to real life circumstances knocking the heck out of what had been my very real desire to keep this board alive and well forever so that all of us could meet here and communicate with each other everyday.

I'm not sure that a forum like this is even needed nowadays since the advent of facebook, etc...but I hope that this once thriving BB does bring some of us back together again and that maybe some new folks will join us as well!   
Webmaster: Bob Poff, C-1-8, 1968-1969 robert8h@yahoo.com
Thank You for Visiting The Ivy Division.com!
Open 24 Hours a Day, 365 Days a Year
Friends of The Ivy Division
A.B.,HONORARY GRUNT!
jinks' www.vietnamvets.com messageboard
Jim Bury's Ivy Dragoons website
Redleg's 4ID Forum

The IVY Division is back, the love of my life
Julie and I are married and we welcome
you Back to the IVY Division Forum!!!

The Ivy Division Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
James A. Lovell Federal Health center (NCVAMC)

The new combined Navy hospital great lakes and the North Chicago VA medical center are progressing and developing very fast and should meet it's completion date of july 2010 at the same time there are hugh shanges being made at the Recruit training command and the Forrestal housing area. The hospital will be a combination of the Navy hospital ( which is now a navy health clinic ) North chicago VAmc and The Chicago Medical college. The campus is startig to become ultra beautiful with a new 4 story parking garge which will be the new hospital on buckley road and old greatly renovated old hospital attached to both. there are many addittional parking lots all around the newly renovated and landscaped campus these parking lots are accessible by valet service and shuttle bus. The hospitale will be under joint administration of the Navy and VA. but you can see the effectts of the navy NCO.s Hard workand dedication. They have transfered to the old burned out attitude of the VA staff to Morale, Esprit de corp, discipline and profiensy. The young Sailors treat us old vets with love and respect. They let you know that you are family. The navy base is undergoing hugh changes also. The old barracks and Recruit training command are being torn down and neww ultra beautiful hugh barracks are being built. each barracks has a hughe chow hall and is named in honor of a heric ship, The RTC is connected to the east side of the hospital with a light fence between the nort side of the hospital across a major ( Buckley) road is Halsey housing area that was renovated five years ago. West of the hospital across Green bay road is the Forestal village housing are that has been completely leveled and bebuilt into gorgeus quarters for military and Civillian rental, Much of the hospital staff rents some of the quarters for about $1200.00 a month Regular civillians and eve some section eights can rent the homes after very strict and careful screening . A new gas station and mini mart has been built the elementary school has been remodeled. There was a uto hobby shop there that I think will be rebuilt. There is a chapel and a large youth activity gym there also. sout of Forestal village and west of Halsey village is the commissary NX class VI complex know as Burkey mall. There is a recruit graduation every friday that is very impressive with many parents and friends visiting. There is a large Navy lodge but is usually filled on weekends with graduation visitors and reservist. Any one enlisting in the Navy will take their recrut training here if you have some one coming here for training contact me when they first get here so that I can reserve lodging for you at the Navy Llodge or if you are coming by RV I can reserve you a spot at the RV park down on the lake andhelp you to get a temporary sticker for your car. Next post I will explain the Service School command and the new Special ops center that is plan for the old hospital corp shool facility, after it move to FT sam Houston TX.