Return to Website

The Ivy Division Forum

WELCOME to THE IVY DIVISION Message Forum 
THIS website is a private SUPPORT SITE for 4th ID veterans, active duty soldiers, family members, friends and everyone who supports our troops no matter how you feel about our leaders. Troublemakers, gossips. trolls, liars, etc are NOT welcome here. Posts that defame,, humiliate and/or intimidate other posters or the webmaster will be deleted without notice or comment. Please read the rules on the Main Page, thank you!
This forum has a long history, by interent standards anyway-unfortunately it has been abandoned for far too long due to real life circumstances knocking the heck out of what had been my very real desire to keep this board alive and well forever so that all of us could meet here and communicate with each other everyday.

I'm not sure that a forum like this is even needed nowadays since the advent of facebook, etc...but I hope that this once thriving BB does bring some of us back together again and that maybe some new folks will join us as well!   
Webmaster: Bob Poff, C-1-8, 1968-1969 robert8h@yahoo.com
Thank You for Visiting The Ivy Division.com!
Open 24 Hours a Day, 365 Days a Year
Friends of The Ivy Division
A.B.,HONORARY GRUNT!
jinks' www.vietnamvets.com messageboard
Jim Bury's Ivy Dragoons website
Redleg's 4ID Forum

The IVY Division is back, the love of my life
Julie and I are married and we welcome
you Back to the IVY Division Forum!!!

The Ivy Division Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Americans Arm Themselves To The Teeth In Expectation of Democrat Gun Control Under Obama

I love the way you Right Wing Wackos List things as "FACT" "FACT" "FACT" as if that is sufficient to take your word for it. Personnally Russ, I wouldn't take your word on the sun rising - You either Duane. Nor would I believe any of your sources.

"Paranoia runs deep - into your dreams it will creep."

Re: Americans Arm Themselves To The Teeth In Expectation of Democrat Gun Control Under Obama

Doc you can ignore the attributions all you want but voting records are a matter of public record.

The plain out and out fact is that Obama is a major gun grabber, another fact is that he detests the Constitution as written because it gets in his way of redistribution of wealth...

Doc there is one more thing I wanted to add to in the above post.

if you didn't honestly know that Obama is vehemently anti 2nd Amendment that goes to the fact that you did not do your due diligence in vetting who and what Obama is and what he believes in...more's the pity you are not alone as millions voted for him that have even less of an understanding of the man.

Of course I really can't fault you all that much Doc as Obama's past and his records (birth, school and medical) were sealed precisely so you and the other dunderheads couldn't find out.

Barack H. Obama was elected President of the United States of America by a majority of the vote. He will be the President for the next four to eight years. Live with it.

Russ: If you expect me to shed a tear for your guns, remember this. I wouldn't trust you, or Duane, with the TV remote, much less something that could hurt somebody.

Like I said above why is it that all you think about is guns guns and more guns. I live in NYC am not afraid of walking down my street and own no guns. is the 2nd ammendment all you know or care about?

Well doc that's just fine with me...really it is mox-nix what you think, believe or feel.

However I want you to know that one of the Dumbocrats major icons automobiles has killed more people then all of my weapons combined.

I have yet to shoot anyone by accident.

Gun control is one shot, one kill.....

Also remember " I swear to PROTECT and DEFEND the Constitution from all enemies foreign and DOMESTIC" that includes any assault on the Constitution by Obama, Reid, Pelosi et al.

And Grant we have released you from that oath because you never meant it from jump street...

I have never taken a oath to threathen my President or memberof congress. and I have defended this country with six years in Berlin, Eight years in Korea and one year in Viet Nam You sunshine patriot , wannabe American have the nerve to threten my president and government. You are what I want to cll you.

Grant you pile of horsesqueeze I never threatened anyone.

There are a myriad legal avenues to depose a sitting
President that has nothing to do with bodily injury.

I anticipated that your limited brain capacity would make that God awful connection due to the fact that you are the most verbal bellicose racist I have ever read.

Such you know next to nothing about me, allow me to say that I served 6 years active duty and was wounded in Cambodia, all 3 of my brothers served, one retired as a Air Force E-9, another retired as an Army E-7 and my younger brother served four years. Also my oldest son is a career NCO and has served two combat tours in Iraq.

My father and 3 of his brothers served during WW II and one of my uncles was awarded a impact commission as a 1st Lt. jumped right over the butterbar. I also had several family members fight in Korea.

My 4th great-grandfather and his brother served in the 1st Pennsylvania Cavalry and fought in every major as well as minor engagement that the Pa. 1st Cav. was in.

I have traced my family roots back prior to the Revolutionary War so you can stick that sunshine patriot horsesqueeze and shove it where the sun doesn't shine.

As far as threatening the President I couldn't count how many times George Bush was accosted on this here liberal, secular-progressive board.

So put that in your pipe and smoke it since you do everything azzbackwards chump.

I have really got your ass going now, baby cakes.

grant on my worst day and your best day you couldn't get me upset about sh*t. However I have to laugh that you are like a moth to a flame you just can't help yourself.

Jerking your chain is a form of low level entertainment for these dreary cold damp fall time.

I will concede that when you grow up and can carry on a intelligent conversation I might get serious with you.

Until then racist I will continue to jerk your chain.....oh yea the Monday after Thanksgiving is opening day of buck season here in the great State of Pennsylvania why don't you come on up and I will show you what a real man can endure as far as cold winter weather is concerned while hunting. I even have an old .22 rifle around here some place that I will, against my better judgment allow you to carry to give you a sense of what it's like to be a man....

Redleg The inauaration is on January 20. Will you go down to DC to watch the parade and wish President Barak Hussien Obama sucess as the 44th President of the United States of America? and thanks but no thanks on the hunting and gun toting. I had enough of guns when I was in the Army.

Redleg. I am not responding to commements of your grandfather,brothers,sons or any other relatives, and I do appreciate thier service to America. I am responding to the comments that you make on this forum, due to the hate in you As I respect the contributions of your relatives, I would be less of a man to stand by and read your constant insults to my people and multitude of contributions to this nation and it's developement. The fact that America is seen by the world a democracy now, By living up to the creed that all men are created equal.You can not stand the fact that the glass ceiling is smashed to smithereens and this nation will no longer discriminate against qualified men and women anymore when selecting our government. and a simple comment by me will ruin your day. I know it and you know it.You refer to me as a racist, Iam not a racist and neither are you, because I or you have the strentgh, power, or esource to control any one due to race, But you are a miserable bigot , and it really upsets you to know thatBlack,Asian, Hispanic or woman may be doing better than you Redleg I am better educated than you,wealther than you and with all of my health problems, I am probaly healthier than you, Because you are filled with hate. Redleg I have carried my smile on myface all over the world and I have enjoyed shucking and jiving with every group of people in the world. So Redleg settle down accept the fact that Barack H. Obama is the incoming President and as I have predicted will form a shock and awe cabinet and foriegn servive. Live with it. Life is too short.

Funny, we can't even unite these two boards. How on earth is the smooth talker gonna unite a country?

Teri, like Russ, your remarks in this thread are silly and virtually without meaning.

No leader of any group of people on this planet has ever "united" the thoughts or beliefs of all members of their populations.

As for Russ, he is just blowing smoke out of his ass trying to stir something up. He doesn't give a **** about the constitution - he proved that pretty much throughout the Bush administration. Now he makes a joke about defending it - bull****. What he wants to do is pick and choose the pieces that he wants and to hell with the rest of it.

Too bad it doesn't work that way.

Mad doc the second ammendment states "a well regulated milita being necesary to the security of a free state the right of the people to keep and to bear arms shall not be infringed". Now what is difficult to understand about that? Find a copy of the constitution and read it yourself. Or has the Moslem Messiah and President Mohamet Amidinajad forbiden you and every dumbocrat from doing that? Very likely and you dont dare disobey. Now Russ is right that icon of the democrats KILLER kennedy (and not his car) has killed more innocent people than Russ's gun ever has or will.
jackb comes up with this bull**** all the time that bush has destroyed the right of free speech in this country . And yet with impunity he accuuses Bush of Murder because he deposed Jaquis good friend Saddam Hussien and now the people of Iraq have a chance to build a free prosperous society. jaqui doesnt like people to be free. he wants the mideast people to be in bondage as they are in Iran. He wants the US to be a dictatorship under the ONE. dont you jaqui? Jaqui never can cite actual american people who have been denied their rights. Dumbocrats want americans to be slaves in their own country. Actually they want american to not exist.

Mike IVY these people Russ and everyone else that has voiced objection to the ONE'S record of voting against the peoples rights. you nor anyone on this board will not object because all of you know you will like become aquainted with an islamic knife in your back. you will much sooner see your fellow americans murdered as long as the MESSIAH doesnt mark you for retribution.
One other thing americans are buying firearms to protect themselve their familys and their homes from the ONE and his democrats at least for awhile.
Americans are also taking their money and assets out of this country to protect them. juat ask hanoi john how much of his wifes money isleft in this country?
Barrack obama himself where is his money. In Iran of course. the kennedys? Any of the limosine liberals . The Klintons? . Al Gorilla? You can be assured its not in the United states.

Got news for ya!

You can take that "Well Regulated Militia Crap and stick it"! The US Government has always been against the various State Militias. and Obama never had anything to do with that. Its any branch of Federal Law Enforcement stupid! Always has been!

If you are now or have ever been a member of a Militia you will know just who the Militia real enemy is and has been for years. You can just look back to Ruby Ridge or Waco, Two of the reasons that led to the Oklahoma City Building being Blown up by Militia Members.

Also the BATF and FBI keeps a file on all known Militia Members PAST and present and once on it you never get taken off and most likely get put on the new terrorist watch list. That means if you plan on flying anytime you better be prepared for a hard time or report to the airport Nude!

And Duane, I would suggest that you look up "The Militia of Montana" or MOM as we used to call it. Request a meeting with John Trottman or one of his Captains, and they will tell you just who their real enemies are.

My question is:
just how do you arm a country to the teeth that is already armed to the teeth?

nuff said!

Mad doc the second ammendment states "a well regulated milita being necesary to the security of a free state the right of the people to keep and to bear arms shall not be infringed". Now what is difficult to understand about that?
There is nothing that is difficult to understand about that. Now tell me what part of "well regulated" you don't understand? It is obvious the intent is not to allow everyone to run around - armed to the teeth - just because they feel like it.
By the way there are ten amendments in the "Bill of Rights." Let me know when you've read all of them.

Mad doc you have the rightname . Mad not in the sense of being angry but rather the original meaning deranged mentally and emotionally lacking.
The un ited states has always had state militas . meant to defend the people homes. They were expected to furnish their own weapons and could be activted by the federal govt. when it was needed. One of the first times this was done was during the whiskey rebellian of 1794. this was when farmers in ohio and pennsylvania rebelled against the federal tax on whiskey. President George Washington took command of the state militas of pennsyvania and ohio.
Every state had a Milita called that until the early 20th century when the name was changed to national Guard. at the same time the structuring of the U S Military was changed to be more like the rest of the world esp. Europe. But the point is that you really know very little about the U S. Your information comes from sources like william ayers and the other
terrorists anti americans.
Yes i have read the ten ammendments and the ten commandments. The most important of the ten ammendments is the tenth. It states that any powers not allocated to the federal govt is reserved to the people and the states . Im sure now that hussien obama is to reign over the united states you will cheer when he ignores the U S Constitution

I can see that Duane has never been a Member of a so called modern state Militia.

The National Guard is not a Militia. Maybe in the old days it was. But not now, in fact if you ask any real Militia Member past or present and I'm not talking about those Puss-ies on the Boarder picking on the illegal's,,, they will tell you that Federal Troops along with any Federal Law enforcement are their enemies and their main objective is to disarm them and incarcerate them.

You tell any Real Minute Man that,,, and once again "I'm not talking about those wannabe morons on the Boarder that call themselves 'Minute Men", and they will probably shoot you on the spot.

I never once seen the Feds trying to Disarm the National Guard, but I have seen the BATF working hard at Disarming John Trotman and Bo Gritzs Bunches.

I also suggest if you need any help protecting your home, "Just call the Police" that's what I do, I turned my Street Sweeper in long ago!

Jinks: The National Guard evolved from the old militia system because it was so inefficient. Militias were entirely under the control of the state, this included training, uniforms, OFFICERS, and weapons. In many cases their performance was uneven at best, and down-right useless at worse.
Duane: You keep pretending that you are talking about State Militias, when you really mean a bunch of armed yahoos who call them selves a Militia without any official authorization, State or otherwise. The system was changed because even the legal State Militias were inefficient in combat. They were of little use beyond putting down public disturbances, like the Whiskey Rebellion, or occassional Indian uprising.
The regiments of the civil war were not Militia, even though they had state designations. They were officially "U.S.Volunteers." The state designation (12th Illinois, 14th New York, etc.) reflected the state where the regiment was recruited.
Most of the 22nd Infantry Regiment Vets here know the story of the motto "Regulars By God!" In Brief: The first time they went into action, during the War of 1812, the British commander at first thought they were just another militia unit. When the troops performed professionally, and routed the British, the commander said "THAT'S NOT MILITIA - THOSE ARE REGULARS BY GOD!" If militia hadn't had a poor reputation, even among our enemies, he wouldn't have said that.
The Union troops who ran at 1st Bull Run were mostly militia. The Union troops who finally cornered Lee, at Appomatox, were U.S.Volunteers. I think the Confederacy operated pretty much on the same system. I know most Confederates didn't think much of their own state militias. (They regarded militia troops as a bunch of "stay-at-homes" who were trying to avoid combat. That should sound familliar to veterans of our era.)

MAD doc the americans at lexington and concord were volunterr milita formed to defend their familys homes. They didnt run rather the British were pushed all the way back to boston. as i ahve said before all the atates had miliy=tia formed by the states too protect the states and the antion. and they were all volunters. Did YOU volunter to go to vietnam . I did.
Now you talk about miltia of Montana. Now there was a group of people who baracaided themselves on a ranch near jordan montana in the early 90's. But no one was harmed.
However in Texas the democrats ******* willie and his shaky A G janet reno attacked a religious group burning to death dozens of children because their parents had a different view on things. And im sure none of you here were in the least bothered by those little kids being burned alive. Were you? In idaho randy weaver and his family were attacked by troops of the very same democrat administration. Viki
weaver was killed by a democraT sniper while she held her infant. Their son was shot in the back by an democrat sniper. The democrats from ******* willie didnt have an arrest or search warrant. and ol slick willie was or is a moderate. Whats going to happen when the ONE the messiah seizes control with his private army? oh and when weaver surrendered he was aquitted on all of the charges but one minor one failing to appear. all those people killed by democrats just to show the rest of the country that democrats can and will go to any length to show they have power and will use it.

I'm very Puzzled here.......

What does the Militia and Volunteering for Vietnam have to do with anything??? Of course unless you were in the Militia of So. Vietnam!

And the Militia Of Montana or "MOM" was not involved in the 90s incident you speak of, it was the "Freemen", It was also Conducted by the US Marshals,,,,,,,, Dummy!

Also ,,Who said the "FBI" Sniper that Shot Weavers wife was a Democrat? I heard he was a Republican.

By the way the WACO deal was led by the BATF not the FBI...

You really need to fire that town drunk that you are getting your information from.

It was a democrat administration that set those fedetral officers on the peaceful people . David koresch and the weaver family . It was the democrats who burned the children alive at the retreat in waco. it was the democrat admiistration klinton and his AG shaky janet reno who ordered the killings of people who posed no threat to anyone and if they had been given the oppurtunity to have a trial would have been aquitted ,. but klinton and all the democrats didnt want those americans to have trials. it was klinton who ordered Elian gonzales to be torn out of the home he was living in by armed brutal agents . remember the picture of the INS trooper sticking a loaded automatic waeapon in the boys face. that was done to placate klintons friend Castro.

Let Me ask once again......What does the Militia and Volunteering for Vietnam have to do with anything???In fact that's one of the most Mindless comparisons that I have ever read.

Also, since when did you ever Give a Sh-it about the Cubans? From the way you post you view all Hispanics as nothing more than a bunch of Drunken Illegal Aliens.

The only reason you use any of the people you mentioned in your post is so you you can Cry about the Dems or Obama.

Then Im sure after you make that post you try and Decide just which Pillow Case you are going to wear on your next Night Ride....

I'm still trying to figure out what the minute men, at Lexington and Concord, have to do with the U.S. Constitution. We didn't have a Constitution in 1775. We didn't even have a country until 1776; the Constitution was written and ratified years later.

Im still trying to find those Militia Members that went to Vietnam?

MAD doc those americans at lexington and concord made it possible for the united states to exist. without them defeating the British there would have been no United states no u s constitution. that is the connection . and they were militia men. Im sure you dontb like the idea that they made this nation possible. maybe you can get joe binbiden to write them out of history. the ONE will support that.

What an Idiot, the Militia was sent out to stop bullets and the ones that didn't break ranks did just that.

MAD doc the militia at lexington and concord went there to keep the british from taking their stores of gunpowder and musket balls. They succeeded. I know you detest America and Americans and get your history from Hussien Saddam and Barrack. The united states at the orders of thomas jefferson fought a war against muslims in the early Nineteenth century . Won it too. Dont you just hate that fact. Maybe joe binbiden can rewrite that part of history and make the muslims win to satisfy Hussien.