Return to Website

The Ivy Division Forum

WELCOME to THE IVY DIVISION Message Forum 
THIS website is a private SUPPORT SITE for 4th ID veterans, active duty soldiers, family members, friends and everyone who supports our troops no matter how you feel about our leaders. Troublemakers, gossips. trolls, liars, etc are NOT welcome here. Posts that defame,, humiliate and/or intimidate other posters or the webmaster will be deleted without notice or comment. Please read the rules on the Main Page, thank you!
This forum has a long history, by interent standards anyway-unfortunately it has been abandoned for far too long due to real life circumstances knocking the heck out of what had been my very real desire to keep this board alive and well forever so that all of us could meet here and communicate with each other everyday.

I'm not sure that a forum like this is even needed nowadays since the advent of facebook, etc...but I hope that this once thriving BB does bring some of us back together again and that maybe some new folks will join us as well!   
Webmaster: Bob Poff, C-1-8, 1968-1969 robert8h@yahoo.com
Thank You for Visiting The Ivy Division.com!
Open 24 Hours a Day, 365 Days a Year
Friends of The Ivy Division
A.B.,HONORARY GRUNT!
jinks' www.vietnamvets.com messageboard
Jim Bury's Ivy Dragoons website
Redleg's 4ID Forum

The IVY Division is back, the love of my life
Julie and I are married and we welcome
you Back to the IVY Division Forum!!!

The Ivy Division Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Bush blamed for high fuel prices

Needless to say, there are a significant number of economists (including recent Nobel prize winners) who disagree with UCLA pair's assumptions and conclusions about the causes of the Great Depression and the effect that FDR had on it.

I won't get into a duelling economists post, but among the bones of contention are the treatment of all WPA workers as unemployed - which strikes me as odd, since they did receive wages, did spend money, and did produce a lot of infrastructure that had sufficient value to still be in regular use today.

Few would argue that the NIRA added anything to the recovery, but most would say that FDR's fiscal stimulus was definitely helping and that it had a positive effect on net investment - right up until he tried to return to more conservative/traditional economics in 1937 (he raised taxes and tried to balance the budget), causing another major downturn.

The pro-stimulus group of economists say that FDR's major flaw was that his efforts at economic stimulus were too small.

How come none of you jinx jaqui mad doc Mike ivy have not mentioned the role of FDR going on the national cable t v network after the stock market crash in 1929. According to the democrat historian and democrat icon joe biden. Roosevelt as president reassured the american people. Havent you guys heard about that. Ole joe said that right on CBS in an interview with katie couric. And as i said before about this employee free choice act . No secret ballot is just the first step eliminating secret ballots and all elections in this country. Just the same as the old soviet union. one pary rule no oppistion to the rulers the Democrats no one shall say anything the democrats dont like. And if they say it once they wont say it twice .

Let us not, forget about the draught and the Dust Bowl. Things which added to the economic upheaval, social displacement, and unemployment, but couldn't be predicted.

Duane states: Havent you guys heard about that.

Duane I was not around back then and am trying to be optomistic and look to tomorrow.

Yes he did say that Duane.

But still will be the New Vice President.

I guess the American People didn't put as much emphasis on it as you Loooooooooooosers do!

Quano, you slay me. Having a Bush worshipper point out another politician's verbal gaffes pretty definitely qualifies as high comedy.