The Soulpranos Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Jif Records

Does anyone have any info on Jifs Records of Chadwell Heath.I would love to do something on this great shop or the where abouts of George & Lynn.

Where U @: THE LOFT

Re: Jif Records

Bought a lot of stuff from there over the years;Was originally called Tape Stop IIRC,someone was telling me they still see George and Lynne,but I'll be f**ked if I can remember who it was at the moment.
George had a penchant for German style sandal and sock combinations

Think George & Lynn moved to Southend years ago, properbly on the strength of those very expensive import Japp Jazz albums that we frequented Jifs/Tape Stop for many moons ago.
Spent many a happy Saturday afternoon in Jifs thumbing through the 12"'s & albums. Steve (Interesting) Davis quite often popped in for his music also.
Then it was off to Romford up the road to pick up a new shirt or whatever and off to the Goldmine.....AAAhhhhh HAPPY DAYS

Shep, i know i replied on facebook about my knowledge of George's situation and reason for giving the shop up. However its just this minute dawned on me that a bloke i saw in Sainsbury's, Chingford could have actually been him!
I was certain the face was familiar but he has aged very well if it is him...

I may be wrong though! :(

Where U @: home

NIK NAME DaveCee

Dave. I am calling out the coast guard, air ambulance, home guard & even the peoples front of Judea!! or peoples Judea front!! I am at a bloody great brick wall!!
I may have to start with City Sounds with, Johnny Wright!!! Now that would be a bloody great interview!!

Where U @: THE LOFT