The Soulpranos Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
You couldn't make it up!!!! One of the stories of the year!!!!

"Fulham please" says the man."Sure mate no problem" says I.I have a nice run through and, get there in no time.I have a look at my watch and see that it's nearly time for THE BRITS to kick out,I will have a little look,I might pick something up!! I was driving up Warwick rd, when a man sticks his hand out."Primrose Hill please mate" says the man. Now I clock this man as a well known Day Time Tv presenter, but don't let on,he is a lovely fella, and we get chatting."What you up to later" says the man? Huh!! Well I have an invite to the Universal Records Brits after party at The Clarridge's Ballroom, do you want it, and he gives me the invite.Now to say I was under dressed would be an under statement!! A Soulpranos hoodie, jeans and flip flops!! "Look at the state of me,I won't get in like this" "Course you will" S o I drop him off, shake his hand and wish him all the best, and drive off.Now thing's like this don't happen very often and, I take the bull by the horns, and drive to Clarridge's.Well when I their, there is Paparazzi every where,crowds out side, and security like man mountains. I circle a few times and think,"**** IT WHY NOT" and get a parking spot dead opposite the entrance, get out and park up.Just as I go to walk in. two of the girls from Girls aloud beat me to it!! dressed to the Nines!! Right, I will dive in behind these two, to give me bit of a chance!!! Then this great big arm comes crashing down right in front of me."Where do you think your going" asks this great big man mountain.As quick as a flash, like James Bond reaching for his gun I whip out the invite.Now to say that the blood drained from this mans face would be a under statement.He took my invite looked me up and down and just started laughing."You have got some front, shakes my hand and tells me to have a good night.My feet were bloody freezing by the way!! I get into the lobby and just start laughing to myself.Surrounded by the cast of GAvin & Stacey, Two Pints of larger,Girls Aloud,You get my drift!! Super models were ten a penny!!!Now walking into the main ballroom I have gained a bit of self confidence( not that I am lacking) but this was quite daunting and, get to the bar."Cocktail please mate" says I and give a quick glance to my right."Alright mate" says this bloke, Yeah not bad thanks" not giving him a second look.He looks me up and down,"Your feet must be ******* freezing" I go to answer him and the penny drops, it's Jamie Cullum!! "Well I didn't want to over dress" says I trying to style it out and he laughs."To be honest i'm a cabbie a one of my passengers gave me the invite and I whip out my badge!! "******* BRILLIANT STORY" says Jamie and is wetting himself,"Wait their" a minute, and he calls his girlfriend over.Who comes over Sophie Dahl!! Now to say I was getting to the edge of my comfort zone wouldn't be a lie.Looking like the Universal Records drug dealer I proceed to tell the story again, then he calls his mates over and we are all chatting and laughing.Then he calls someone over behind me, to here the story.I turn around, and who is standing there Mark Owen!! with some friend, who joins the conversation.My cabbie badge was worth it's wait in gold,I can tell you.By this time I have had a couple of cocktails and I thought to myself,I even bail out now and savour the moment or get completely **** faced."Right I am off I say to my little crowed!! thanks for a great night,then never what came out of my mouth......BE LUCKY!!!! BE LUCKY!!!! though I.I wanted the ground to open up and swallow me whole.Has I turned to walk out I bump into this young lady,"Sorry mate" she says," thats alright girl,no worries,have a good night" its only bloody DUFFY.I turn to leave POST HASTE.I get to the door and who walks in Sarah Harding from girls aloud.Oh hum!! Then this lady backs into by the front door and stands on my toes."Sorry mate" says Dvina McCall!! "No harm done love" I leave say thank you to the doorman,"******* BRILLIANT" he says, shakes my hand and see me get in the cab and drive off!! I get to South Moulton St and a man sticks his hand out.Kings X please cabbie,"Sure mate"....................BE LUCKY!!!!! Sheppy xxxx

Where U @: THE LOFT

Re: You couldn't make it up!!!! One of the stories of the year!!!!

Lovely story.... you "star ****er"

Brilliant !

NIK NAME Phil Levene

Name dropper
I drove past there about 9.30-10.00..there were so many cars and people it was down to one lane and that was blocked.I think I saw your doorman

Sheppy it's so much funnier when you tell that story live Bob and myself were still larfin about it on the way home yesterday it was so good to see you sat night infact lots of faces we hadnt seen in a while Dog and Suzie Sarah, and Ed Stokes and Jo your a legend
thanx to our hoteliers the Webbos for being such great hosts as always see you Sat for CHISOULALDAYER we can do it again

Thats funny! nice one..

Where U @: home

NIK NAME DaveCee