The Soulpranos Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Re: Rubbishing shoulders with the famous !!!

Oi gold , frankenstein n grrrrr ur a bit of a legend yourself in certain quarters ---alexi sayle-more like uncle festa on my web cam-----ps sound restored now

BGG,COULD IT BE "CHAVS-R-US"?

When i worked at next we had the Beverly sisters all buying identical pyjamas wierd!! Paul Weller,quite alot wiv his mum coz he lives here ..christopher timothy..june whitfield..Sean French as well once or twice coz we think hes famous nicholas lyndhurst he lives here too

bird you forgot greeting "Sharon Watts" like a long lost Eastend friend until you realized who she was
Once knocked a posing Billy Idol out the way of the bar at the 100 club Jonney Rotten smirked.
Ian Dury,SouxieSoux & Polystyrene in the Norfolk.
Matt le Tisier good golf, nice bloke but drinks Malibu & coke
.Crashing an Everton old boys nite & saying hello to Howard Kendall 5 times before he sussed us out

Meet, Alan Minter, Tom Conti, Michael Watson,
Dave Boy Green, Terry Spinx's Charlie Magri, Steve Colins, And meet Martin Johnson, and a few other's of England's Rugby team just after the Lions Tour in 2001 and also meet Charles Bronson staying at the Grand Hotel in Brighton many years ago....

Where U @: Tower Hill

NIK NAME Marlene

FA Cup Winning Bobby Mimms, ex Everton and Tottenham Scum Hotspur goalkeeper is my cousin, i'm obviously a role model for him as I used to play football for the Charleston pub football team in the Forest and District League in East London in the early eighties.

Cor Marlene,an old friend of mine married Charlie Magri....he used to have a sports shop in Bethnal Green Road
And CHAPS, CHAVS R US......please
I have far too much class

We had this post some time ago and if you care to look back you will find rather an amusing piece from Hilly!!!!!

Marlene... talking of Terry Spinxs my sisters ex shared a flat with his son Jarvis, used to work in reiss in Covent Garden.

Met George Best at a football testimonial.. a living god, hit the post from the half way line and he was well in his forties

Where U @: Docklands

NIK NAME Mass

BGG.. That's right, But they have separated now, I used to work for Charlie in his pub in Mile End. She has still got the sports shop. used to have loads of charity do's in his pub with all the old time boxers....
Have also meet David Beckham, Gary Nevile, Sol Campbell, and Teddy Sherringham,

Where U @: Tower Hill

NIK NAME Marlene

And my old Maaaaaaaate,Tony Gibbs,that comes to all the Caisters and Laceys and wherever Im playing-Charlie Magri was his manager.

Also met Teddy Sherringham when he was a team mate of my brothers when they both played for Millall in the 80S.

Where U @: Docklands

NIK NAME Mass

Ah, I do love people who love a pugalist. Bumping into legends of the ring is a good thing - but none of us, I imagine, have quite bumped into one the way Friend To Clubbers Everywhere Wendel Henry (currently to be seen offering up his expertise on Boxing Academy) has.

The Bald One will be holding court at Southport Weekender, so be sure to ask him of his Tale Of The Dark Destroyer.

And if your a lady ask him about the goal he put past me in Ibiza 1985?86?

On saturday night I stayed in the same Boston airport hotel as Earth Wind and Fire who had just finished a tour with Chicago. The members of the band and crew I saw when heading to the airport at 7-30am sunday morning looked pretty "tired"

On my way home from southport yesterday Kevin Campell was sitting in front of me

Have to say have had a few “honours”!?!

As a child met Bobby Moore a few times - memorable occasion was 1975 FA Cup final when he was at Fulham.

Often met (St.) Trevor Brooking – and even (a lot younger and lighter) sat on his lap as part of the old BBC countdown to the FA Cup in 1980 – went to school next to the footie group!

As the parents had an East end boozer also had a few famous visitors – Billy Bonds, Frank Lampard Snr (and Junior had a coke!). Regular visitors were Ray Winston and Perry Fenwick (Billy in Eastenders)! Two real genuine guys – had time for everyone. I remember when the old Trevor/Billy/Little Mo thing was going on, Perry was in the pub and this little kid went over to him and in all seriousness told him he should “punch the living daylights” out of the Irish git! Perry thanked him and said that he’d do just that!

Went to the Apollo in Stratford with Frank McAvennie and his Page 3 “stunner” of a bird – great company, loads of drink and dodgy food! Seen Terry Sheringham out a few times at the Castle in Woodford (he’s much shorter than I thought!).

I used to baby-sit for a cameraman at the BBC and used to get tickets for TOTP (well I was young!). Through that I had lunch with Wham – have to say Andrew was better looking and George! Got to meet such “GREATS” as Duran Duran, Bronski Beat, Paul Young, ABC, Thompson Twins (great at breakdancing!), Rick Astley (NO!), The smiths (Dave would have loved that daffs and all!), Culture Club, Terence Trent D'arby (well sexy!), Bananarama, Fine Young Cannibals, Alison Moyet – what a voice, Simple Minds!

Meet Simon Bates on the Radio 1 roadshow – I was 13 and won that game “bits and pieces” with a lot of help from the Red Coats as I was on crutches and they all felt sorry for me!

Had an argument with David Dimbleby on Question Time – live on TV!

Looked after Chris Brown at a Caister!

On holiday in the US – stayed in the Holiday Inn in Pasadena where they were doing the Emmys – saw Jamie Lee Curtis and the guy who played Arnold in a sitcom! Can’t remember who else was around – seemed to be very busy in the bar!

Time to go…..men in white coats have arrived at the door…….

Don't start me on this thread

Was standing at the bar in the Assembly Rooms Edinburgh while the festival was on, Phill Jupitus (I would) admired my specs and asked where I bought them, I said from an opticians where I live in Leyton and he said, he used to live in Leyton, went to Norlington School, then he bought me a drink. Bumped into him about a dozen times over the festival, not sure who was stalking who. Met Jeff Green (I definitely would) at the advertising awards in Edinburgh a couple of weeks ago, had the pleasure of saying 'last time I saw you it was in a room above the Heathcote in Leytonstone' - dont get chance to say that much these days.

Doris, we remember the David Dimbleby incident! Does that make you famous???

Cycling near Zoe Ball & FatBoy Slims house last weekend and who should be coming out in their BMW but Zoe Ball, I think she was looking at my new fleece that I was wearing also walked passed the lead singer from Dexy's Midnight Runners (forgotten his name) a while back he was scary

you mean Kevin Rowland? was he wearing his dungarees?

This isn't going to be fair... I live in LA so have met a few of the rich and famous though work.

Here we go. While at the Ray Charles Tribute last month I met Al Green, Usher, David 'fathead" Newman, Morgan Freeman, Billy Preston, Jamie Cullem and Jaime Foxx.

I once shook hands with Kelly Preston and didnt know who she was. Took me an hour to figure it out.

I am great friends with Jack Lancaster who formed the 70's blues/rock band Blodwyn Pig.

Saw Fabio in a restaurant.

Stood next to Jeff Goldblum in a nightclub where he ended up playing keyboards in a jazz band he plays in.

Met the drummer of the The Cult who now plays in a band called The Limey Bar Stewards in Las Vegas.

Stood next to Carmen Electra at a trade show. She even smiled at me.

Had a cup of tea with Juliette Lewis. She told me that she loved my accent :)

Was at a place in LA called the Directors Guild and I heard this woman with a very strong English accent behind me, turned round and there was Joan Collins.

Its great living here...

Where U @: LA

Not a boast but....Early Fleetwood(before sothpark) turned down a lift from Jean Carne(my mate and me were lets say worse for wear) Drinking bourbon with Art Blakey at Ronnie Scotts. Having both Salt and Pepper and Latimore in next Chalets at Caister. Talking music with Ronnie McNear.

NIK NAME BIG BLOW

Check out me photos in the gallery wiv Rene Russo and Quincy Jones.

Where U @: LA

Re: Re: Rubbishing shoulders with the famous !!!

"ABBO SOTRC

Oct 29, 04 - 8:25 AM Re: Rubbishing shoulders with the famous !!!

Souldier once told Chris Eubank to get the feck out the way when he was visiting my workplace in a bit of a rush did'nt reconise him ooops!!!!"

ABBO i Just noticed this DO I KNOW YOU ???

1 2