The Soulpranos Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
gary dennis record at Caister

Gary dennis used to play a tune at the Caister finale which I've always liked wonder if anyone remembers it or can tell me what it is???

Definately a newish tune with a sample running through it maybee Car Wash bassline or even the beginning of T.S Monk's candidate for love...

The chorus went something like 'shake your ass get up and do your dance'

Not heard it for a few Caisters but I know I didn't dream it it was a right belter...

Any ideas anyone??? It's really bugging me now...

Re: gary dennis record at Caister

Afternoon Soulboy

I think you may mean '**** god ****, get off your ass and jam'- Get on the funk train, on label Southern Fried sorry cant remember who its by (got an idea they're a house band tho')
hope that helps.

Artist(s): Brian Scott
Title: Funk Train
Label: After Dark
This bumpy cut is on Smokin' Beats' sub-label, After Dark. Looped strings and a low, warm bottom end are the focus for most of the track in its dub format. The vocal mix uses a wah-wah fx'ed guitar riff, which was less present on the flip. It definitely makes this interpretation less dull. The bass line is reminiscent of tattoo's 'history of disco' from a few years back. Neither the dub nor the so-called 'vocal' mix has much of a vocal. It could do with a strong vocal or something to make it stand out, as it has the potential to. Still, it will definitely keep the funky 'floors happy...Get on the funk train y'all!

language Gillie !

Sorry HF, wasnt me it was the record!!!

Many thanks for your replies.Just spoken to the man himself and I think I've found a copy of the version Gary used to play...thanks again...

ALL ABOARD THE FONK TRAIN!!!!!!!!!!