The Soulpranos Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Inside America 12 inch - Juggy

I'm looking for a copy of the 12 inch of Inside America (Juggy Murrey Jones) and can only find one for about £80 (ouch) -anyone wanna sell me a copy or do an mp3 for me for a bribe? (it's for my ipod anyway) I have the 7 inch, only after the extended 12 inch - thanks - Mister Harris

Where U @: Essex - where else!

Re: Inside America 12 inch - Juggy

Hiya Simon mate, try this link and you'll get the 12" version plus others for a more realistic £8

http://www.vinylexchange.co.uk/Product.asp?Action=Artist&ArtistID=113783&artist=JUGGY%20MURRAY%20JONES%20/%20FUNK%20FUSION%20BAND%20/%20DEODATO&p=a&m=N

It was never actually released on a 12",but only album and "long version" 7", though there are bootleg versions out there,like the one on Vinyl Exchange.

Hiya Micheal,

I'm only helping out an old friend with some info and haven't a clue whether the Vinyl Exchange version is a bootleg or not (not wishing to appear mischevious, but have you got proof to back up your claims ?)

Hiya Simon mate, given the above I've souced an alternative contact and found a link to the CD version of my 4 LP vinyl compilation released on Azuli Records about 2-3 years ago. The album is entitled "Frankie Knuckles Choice (a collection of classics)". Here is a link to the site and at £14.99 it's good value for money especially as I paid £25 for the vinyl version. There are also lots of other forgotten rare gems on the album. Good luck and email me to let me know how you get on.

http://www.juno.co.uk/ppps/products/63699-02.htm

I have this tune on acomp some where? along with "smoking cheeba cheeba"

Where U @: The Loft

Yes Eddy,if you look at the 12" on Vinyl Exchange you will see that it has 3 tracks all sourced from different labels,under the title of Garage Classics vol. 2 and admits that it is an "unofficial" release.
Garage Classics is a bootleg series.Still nothin' wrong with that,eh?

Get the LP

NIK NAME \"P\"

Hi Eddie!

Thanks for the info me old matey - I shall check it out.

I don't know if it was a legit release or not, only that I spotted it on a high priced collectors vinyl website at £80 and listened to the preview and it sounded amazing (and different to the 7inch A or B sides) - Thanks! Mister Harris

Just looked at that link - yes that one does look like a bootleg (being on the same 12 inch as Funk Fusion Band and Deodato!) - The expensive one that claims to be the original is a US Jupiter Records release and here is an mp3 preview - it sounds different (slower) than the famous 7 inch release, I may be wrong but it sounds like a proper late 70's disco mix version: http://www.djfriendly.co.uk/mp3/146269.MP3
Cheers - Mister Harris

Thanks for the info Guys. Apart from helping Simon out Micheal has raised a very valid point that will probably prompt further discussion, i.e what actually constitutes a bootleg?. My understanding (and please correct me if I'm wrong as I'm no expert)is that if a company sources the track from the original label and then releases it with the artists permission on another label, it isn't a bootleg. However, if permission has not been obtained and it gets released on a white label (i.e no evidence of it's source) then it would be classed as a bootleg.
Let's open up the discussion and get some thoughts from the experts.

i,m sure i used to have a copy of this on 12 inch in the seventies ,it was on contempo.i might be wronge.

Richard
Think you correct. I can remember it being available on 12 inch single in the mid to late seventies on Contempo. I was trying to get hold of this a few months back and even emailed Chris Hill on the Caister web site regarding it.
Chris Hill advised me that there were loads of copies of the 45 available on www.gemm but i gave up trying to find the 12" version and just bought the 45 instead.

FILE UNDER;Definitive answer.

"Inside America" was never released on 12" on Contempo in the U.K.
The U.S. album has part one and part two,but not joined together,both running at 3.30 mins and very different and at different tempos.
The 12" pressing on U.S. Jupiter(Juggys own label) joins the two parts together,BUT as the version that was big on the dancefloors was part two, the 12" never took off!(at least thats Mr. Dennis and my theory),and I also suspect that Juggys pressing was done sometime after the initial release.
The Jupiter 12" sells for around £100.
but be aware that the single is still the best way to have it.

Simon try this link http://www.gemm.com/c/search.pl?currency=US&field=TITLE&wild=inside+america

Where U @: The Loft

Blimey
Just buy the single.
As Chris Hill says it was part II that was big on the dancefloors.