The Soulpranos Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Marvin Gaye

Looks interesting, tonight (7th Oct)) on BBC 4 - 9pm

What's Going On?
The Life and Death of Marvin Gaye

Marvin Gaye is one of the enduring figures of soul music, but his life was one of sexual confusion, bittersweet success and an untimely death.

Through Marvin's own words and memories, gathered from rare film and recordings, Jeremy Marre tells the story of a 'life of outer grace and inner torment'. Featuring interviews with the late singer's family, friends and colleagues, and archive film of Marvin on stage, at home, and in the recording studio.

Re: Marvin Gaye

Mmmm tonights tv just got better. her in doors will have to watch 321 another day.....YES!!

Yes Phil- timeless absolutely timeless.........good shout mate.

Respect
Dr Bob Jones

That's what I pay my licence fee for....

Trouble Man indeed.

Very good profile, very sad in parts, uplifting in others, to add to the other countless docs on The Great Man - repeated midnight BBC2 Sunday..

Sacrilege maybe, but I prefer The Controllers version of Distant Lover....oh-oh, my crash helmet's on...

Will this be repeated!!!

Where U @: The Loft

How brilliant was that ..hope so sheppy would like to tape it to go with the rest of my Marvin footage Phill was nice to see you and Lizzie the other nite

For more details and even more heartbreaking insight,read David Ritz book,"DIVIDED SOUL",on which last nights prog was based.I can still remember tears rolling down my face as i sat in bed reading it and trying to deal with a personal crisis of my own, many years ago.Last night brought all that pain back.

wasn,t some of the footage last night from the fantastic "destenation ostend" which was shown years ago.does anyone recall the bit where marv is playing darts in a local bar with some fishermen who didnt have a clue who he was!!

It's on again tonight - midnight BBC4

Did anyone see the blues program on BBC 2 ?
also very interesting. The beeb has definitely got a lot better lately,
The Dlylan stuff all last week, the 6 part soul series and british Jazz
and no annoying adverts ! lets hope they keep it coming.

managed to watch MG at 9:00,{her indoors went for the 3s'es} so moved just had to stay up to see repeat at 1:30.Also, now got it on tape,,,yes!! Puts anew meaning to a lot of his songs {for me} A sad end to alife that had so much to give, and how much more could there have been

Sad start to life too really; the image of his father rattling the belt buckle and prolonging the agony left me very cold indeed....