The Soulpranos Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4
Author
Comment
Re: Is it too Early

come and join us for another night of fun & music.
Don't worry about the lake behind the room its called "laughing waters" & there's not been a teen slaying or masked nutter there for years

that be on the unlucky fri 13th oct ay Inn on the Lake, gravesend just off A2,9 til 2 £8 on the door

Looking forward to this one guys. Having missed the last one I am sooooo up for this one! Got some making up for lost time. Are you taking requests?

Well the real answer is probably "yes"
It was fairly dead at the last one, cant you get rid of the housey DJs and bring in some real soul talent which would make the night more popular. Why no guest DJs? What about Steve Wren or Dr Bob Jones, but not any of the joke DJs like Sharpy, etc.

Thats not very nice Greg,Sharpys done Ok,he,s no joke DJ.A lot of these other DJS cost a lot of money,oh and by the way Jonsey plays alot of house!!!!

Where U @: soulville hq

Richard I think the alias Greg is having a little dig at me and Sponge for playing the odd house record at the 'Inn on the Lake'gigs ,do not if said alias Greg has attended a SOTRC gig or is just being vitoral on information recieved.SOTRC self promote and DJ the gig and as yet have not introduced special guests slots or even been approached by any DJ's asking for a slot at the 'Inn on the Lake'many have attended and enjoyed the evening.So Greg come along introduce yourself and will have a beer over the merits of soul against any other genre of dance music you are more than welcome as is anybody.SOTRC welcomes all

Abbo I think you chaps do a great job,you don,t always need other DJs, and that night I came and what you guys did for my 50th was great.Thats why I asked sotrc to come to Yarmouth at the end of Nov.

Cheers Richard does that mean I have to eat another half ponder & chips at 4 in the morning & skip breakie?
Looking forward to Friday will be pleased see all there for another a night of fun, isn't what its all about?

Hope it goes well guys, just dont get overpartied as its quite a trip the next day up to the wilds of deliverance country.

don't 5'O we will be there to party 'LARGE'

Not enough House played if you ask me Keep on doing what you do boys.Very busy weekend coming up

My request would be to play MORE house. Cos in House is a whole lot of Soul!

Greg? It's all well and good suggesting guest DJ's. But from a personal point of view it's refreshing to go to a gig that isn't frequented with the same ol' names that are saturating the soul scene at the mo appearing here there and everywhere.

See you Friday folks.

Bring
It
On!!

Many thanks to all at SOTRC for giving us a good night for a trip up from sunny gt yarmouth.For those who have not been to IOTL you should try it.Its very friendly and the jocks don,t always play the same old toons,well worth a visit,so you people fed up with London get down there.

Come celebrate 'INN ON THE LAKE' 2nd birthday on Fri Nov 10th with SOTRC playing soul/jazz/funk and Anthems from 9 til 2 £7 in advance £8 on the door. CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY SPECIAL---FRIDAY,29th DECEMBER- TWO ROOMS---- 6PM TO 2AM-----USUAL PRICE--SPECIAL ROOM RATE £50----- 5DJS--- New Soul,Old Soul,Rare Groove, Jazz-Jazz Funk, Soulful house TICKETS IN ADVANCE, LIMITED NUMBERS--- GO TO www.southoftherivercrew.co.uk for details

once we get the frost & ice off the cars we can set up,look foward to seeing you there

Happy 2nd Burfday IOTL.

Hope it goes well.

The DJs that play at the Inn On The Lake are saturating the soul scene, playing here there and everywhere (Ditch, Ramsgate, Richards parties, Gravesend, Caister) - where is the originality? Anyone can play records, yes even me. I am distancing myself from Inn On The Lake, Henrys, etc? Not because i'm bored with the music they call soul, (even if it is sometimes housey and not soul at all) but because i'm bored of the predictable line up and predictable tunes. It is always the same 4 DJs at IOTL. I am a paying punter and as long as that's the case I am entitled to an opinion.

Hi Justin , thanks for your comments its interesting but in many ways that's why we got back into it & formed SOTRC & predictable is something we I try not to be & avoid.In fact there are five of us & we work under our own or together as a collective concept & at IOTL we always change the running order to make life interesting & varied as possible & as there's 5 of us there's not much room for guests i'm afraid, but watch this space for the Xmas/NY gig where we may spring a surprise or 2.Thanks again
www.southoftherivercrew.co/uk

Well hello Justin, or whatever your chosen alias is of the day. First and foremost congratulations on being a Class A lurker (that's the polite way of saying it). Secondly well done you for working out how to copy and paste. Originality something you wouldn't know if it poked you in the eye.

Paul the post has been edited to suit one of the numpties. The (my) CORRECT posting is in it's correct form without tweaking to suit (sound familar?) and found on SOTRC for all to see if they so wish.

Glad the night went well for you.

Fri 29th Dec SOTRC plus guests(tba) play two rooms at the 'Inn On The Lake',Gravesend,near A2 6pm til 2am,lets push 06 a little bit early with soul,jazz,funk,soulful house and those pesky anthems. £8 on door £7 in advance

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

29 th December,SOTRC present an evening of Soul,Jazz,Funk and Soulful House in two rooms room 1 soul and anthems ,room 2 jazz and House in it's various guise's at the INN ON THE LAKE, Gravesend just off A2,SOTRC DJ'S plus Guests Pedroni,Paul Stunt and others TBA

bumping the guests Pedroni,Paul Stunt,Pete Collins & R O Brien

now that the 1st bit out the way look forward to seeing you on the 29th.Two rooms alots of guests & lots of styles to get through

well that went well many thanks to all who made it such a good nite

Friday 16 th march 2 rooms 8 til 2 £7 at the Inn on the Lake , Gravesend ,no politics just 2 rooms of all things soulful and jazzy

bumping thru'

tis this friday,all welcome

comimng soon Kent Soul Sessions Innon the lake G/send 18th of May, guests so far Sharpy & Stunty

1 2 3 4