The Soulpranos Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Caister Accommodation

After arriving at Caister on Friday and looking forward to a great weekend when checking in at reception, we discovered that we had not been allocated the accommodation we had initially paid for (from day 1). We have been attending Caister for 20+ years and being the age we are now, we don't expect to be sleeping on the floor when paying for a bed (even sofa bed). NO one was added to the party at a later date so I don't understand why we had to pay full price and not get what we had paid for! I have spoken to numberous other parties and this has also happened to them on an even larger scale. It is a real shame that the long term punters are treated in this manner and we are really sad to say we will not be attending Caister again.... but I hear punters like us are easily replaced ! Peace

Re: Caister Accommodation

You obviously booked late and it was either have what accommodation was still available to be on the site or alternatively use the hotel accommodation. A similar thing happened to me at the 25th Anniversary and we were just happy to be onsite. We were offered hotle accommodation as an alternative as I suspect you were, but had chosen to remain onsite. We now know to book early for the best accommodation and it says that on all the flyers. We book up as we leave the previous event. I know now that bookings starting CA are early ones and we always try and get that reference. I suspect you booked quite lat, although you dont say, probably after Novemeber when Caister had already announced that there was only limited accommodation available. At least when we had to cram into one van they gave us a very nice one called a Swan which was excellent and very new. They probably did the same for you. being onsite is all that matters in the long run and you always have that choice if you book late.

i think they said they had booked from day one full amount

im sorry margate dave ,why should anyone paying full price be expected to sleep on any floor.

Where U @: soulville hq

This has also happened to me, twice. Now when your
18 - 25 you prob don't give a monkies, however,
when you reach your late 30's - early 40's would you expect to still be treated like a teenager. I think not eh !!
Its like booking a weekend away to Amsterdam, Prague or Barcelona to name a few, would you then expect to sleep on the fookin' floor then. No, no way so if
the "caister team" wish to **** off the regular punters & replace them with so called others there's always other weekenders. Not with the same vibe maybe but at least your treated as an adult with respect.
My opinion of course.

Where U @: The Garden State, New Jersey

Have to agree with what Stavros is saying about p---ing off the regulars,because there was a lot of ole' faces missing from this one and alot more of people who don't even know what it's about ('theme weekend').As for accomodation £££ always win and when you get there they know you ain't going home and the £££ is in the bank of --- already

Have to agree also .. and as one of the 'missing ones' its doubtful I will become a 'returning one' .. all good things run their course and the direction has changed steadily. Branching out now into smaller well run events where the MUSIC is the reason to attend

Once it becomes supermarket styled - 'stack em' high (ok .. pack em in tight) then it kills the fun for me. Musically its not a challenge anymore except for a few.

Where U @: Harrow