The Soulpranos Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
caister your opinions please

I have just come back from caister and had another good weekend but I was talking to a guy at the bar who thought it was just a themed weekend full of stag and hen weekends.

I first attended a caister weekender in October 79 and carried on going until 83 and then started going for the 25th anniversary in 04 and are still going.The guy I was talking to had also been since the early days so I was a bit surprised to hear his comments and being that most of the people who come on this site either attend or have attended a caister weekender I would like to hear your views.

Personally I prefer them now although I do not have the same carefree attitude and none of my mates attend I have the company of my wife and alot more money.

I do not even mind the stag or hen weekends because are they not initially ther because they are into the music.

your views please.

Where U @: crawley

Re: caister your opinions please

as i now run my own weekend i have not been to caister for a few years,but before that i attended from nearly day one.i have worked or booked nearly every caister dj,but this is tricky ground about stag and hen parties.myself i,m not to keen,but caister is not a charity and you do not have time or the energy to check to make sure everyone is into the music as much as others.by the looks of it caister is as busy as ever,if not more.with that many people going you will not please everybody,thats why there are other weekends to go to.as i,ve said beforethe music for me could be more adventurous ,but the numbers say differant .so well done the caister teamfor keeping the flag flying.

Where U @: soulville hq

a see your point tony but i have to say that on the whole i thought that most punters were into the tunes for the right reasons.as for more leftfield music then the clubroom was the place to be.i know people slag it off but the djs have to cater for every side of black musicand for every circles or lovetown theres a mark murphy or richie cole to balance it out.yes you do get an element of (how shall i put this ?)east end old bolier up for a **** up but the core element of nice punters is still there.put it this way we would be a lot poorer without it,see you in october.

Totally I love it and have been to southport etc but I just love the whole vibe about caister perhaps its the memories ,but I was never complaining I was just shocked how this soulboy at the bar had been there since the early days and was disillusioned about it all.

I enjoy it more now than ever and aslong as the people attending are there for the vibe and maintain the freindly family atmosphere I would not mind if they wer hen's stag's or even aliens.

See you in October main room 5o clock main room.

TAKE CARE EVERYONE

Where U @: crawley

This one was just average,it did'nt excell but it did'nt dissapoint,DJ schedule was a bit baffling at times people moaning too much jazz, break it up,why did Hilly feel the need to add an extra set of jazz in the club room, good though it was,it was'nt reqd.
Some DJ's overworked ??(they could say no)some underworked they would have probably said yes.
Best set over w/end Andy U(one off) old skool in the club room purely because it was different and the crowd were responsive to that.
Most caned tune over w/end 'that's what love does'plz no more it is the new 'circles'and J O playing Robin S in the main room????.
LOTW on Monday surely mid evening Sunday would have been better recieved ,more people in attendance and it would have broken up what was becoming a stale main room(personal opinion only).
Still it ain't broke so don't need fixing,just a little bit of freshening up a little bit.Radio good to have it back

I agree with a lot of what Paula is saying, If Sundays schedule had been Friday's which was a little disapointing it would have started the weekend of with a bang when most people have all their energy levels before getting totally knackered. I love my Jazz but agree, Andy's set and Sean's and SOTRC most refreshing and a little different from the norm, which I thought is the whole point of the alternative room. Unfortunatly not a lot of people give it a chance or venture in to have a listen unless they have a good idea of who the dj is or what they are playing. Crowds do attract crowds and if the room is empty they tend to go back to the main room The Philly and Reggae was rammed out in the TZONE which seemed to small a lot of disappointed punters outside. I still had a fantastic weekend as the atmosphere never lets me down and the people are some of the best you can ever meet. I certainly would not ever contemplate not going so will be looking forward to the next and the next. Peace and love .....

I had a great time at Caister, for me its about the people and i could not have asked for better company. Hope to see some of you Saturday at Lacy.

Sloene I know why you had the biggest smile on your face this weekend and even getting caught out with the phoaw still made me laugh

Well I have booked up for September .....See you all there.

Where U @: Crawley