The Soulpranos Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Brighton Beach Party Alldayer 1982

this day,(3rd May) 25 years ago was the Brighton Beach Party alldayer at the Top Rank .. i was 18 and was only my second alldayer.. what a great day it was..

musical memories inc..

Keni Burke LP had came in that weekend, Robbie Vincent played "risin' to the top " and "hang tight" on his show the Saturday before and both were massive at the alldayer

same with the Patrice Rushen LP ("number 1" and "remind me")

"keep on" from the D Train LP

in the pub across the road from the Top Rank, some guy dressed as Captain Freedom (a cult character from Hill Street Blues) came in to MASSIVE cheers

anyone else go, any memories??

Re: Brighton Beach Party Alldayer 1982

Paul remeber it well those were the days

There has always been this story that Sade was there as a punter and she bought a couple of lads a drink.Is this an urban myth ?

Remember it well, blimey how time passes

Hi Paul, I have great memories of that day too. Do you remember the T shirts (Purple & Green beach logo on a white background) what a great design - nearly as good as those yellow "Funk Machine" T shirts of the same era. Happy days

Where U @: www.starpointradio.com

Allo Maaates!

Just got back from Canvey Island and what the hell...Caister later on today so might just as well stay up,get packed,sort my records out for the Monday night gig and sleep on the journey up there!

The Brighton Beach Party brings back fond memories-Its the first event where I ever ran a coach....Eddie my memories of the shirt seem to include a load of sandcastles with a flag sticking out the top promoting the All Dayer.

Other memories involve the stand off with the mods and I think that was the event where the balcony dive became fashionable although I may be wrong about that.

Frostie maaaaate, good to hear from you and hope you're keeping well. Apologies for not being in touch, we must sort out a get together soon (with the Frog as well). You could well be right about the sandcastle design on the Beach Party T shirts. I also have a hazy recollection of a couple of Palm trees being on the shirt as well ?. All the best mate Eddy

Where U @: www.starpointradio.com

bit before that Frostie, happened at the old Royalty (remember quadrophenia) & the woodville halls G/send. Brighton or was Bournemouth was pier jumping

Great times and living in Crawley it was near as well.

I remember Jeff Young shouting out before a tune

"IF YOU DON'T KNOW THIS ,YOU SHOULDN'T BE ERE.

Great times

Where U @: Crawley

NIK NAME Stacker