The Soulpranos Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Froggy at Rappers 1982/83 - Streaming MP3 Audio

I have some superb (very high quality) live recordings of the great Froggy and the best tribute I can think of is to share them with you so that you can listen for yourself and hear the man in action at his peak. He used to play some superb music, mixed like a master, real 80s jazz funk. Rappers was just about the best club night I have ever been to, the Epping Forest Country Club was a small place and Steve was really good, it was packed every monday night!

Support DJ was Eddy James and sound system as the JB Roadshow.
These recordings are very nostalgic for anyone who used to go to Rappers to see The Legendary Froggy!

Jump to the following page to listen live to classic Froggy, two very memorable nights, one is the last night of Rappers on a monday night (1982), the other is a Rappers Revival night when Froggy returned for one night only the following year (1983).

cut & paste the following URL into your browser:
www.musicoflife.com/froggy.html

I have some more to add later, sets he did with Greg Edwards and another of The Frog live at the Ilford Palais with Light of the World . . . . Rappers is my favorite and I think it shows his great style, mixing, music selection and the reason he was such a huge influence on so many, myself included . . . . .

Simon Harris

Re: Froggy at Rappers 1982/83 - Streaming MP3 Audio

Well done Simon maaate, you're a star. What a great way to remember my best friend. No doubt a lot of people will be blessed listening back to these sessions which were very special to me.

Thank you so much

Kind Regards

Eddy

Where U @: www.starpointradio.com

Thank You Simon
More, More , More please
Best Beatmixer ever.
Froggy was an absolute genius. First time i ever see him was at Leys Hall in Dagenham, cant even remember the year it was so long ago.
RIP Froggy

NIK NAME OSB

Hi Simon,

Hope your well.

Great idea, I had a listen to all recordings fantastic!

Yes, I would like to here more too, Froggy was the guy who encouraged me to become a mixer/Producer and I still do stuff for my own use only.

Froggy RIP

Tom

Well done Simes...still sounds good 25years on.
Frog on the Matamp Supernova.
"may the funk flow from your fingertips"..the dyno-label on the old Country club mixer.

Happy days.