The Soulpranos Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Jazzinvaders - 'Blow!'

Phil Martin, Tom Beek and the rest of The Jazzinvaders are back with their 2nd album 'Blow!'
Picking up where their previous outing 'Up An Out' left off with more latin/cuban-esque (must remember that one) gems.
'The sun In Motion', 'Perugia' & 'Broad Minds', great instrumental tracks that could easily have been lifted from their debut.
But this doesn't mean 'Blow' is just more of the same. 'Art Mbekie' moves into a more Afro-Jazz vibe and this album has more vocal tracks than it's predecessor courtesy of Linda Bloemhard.
Whilst stand out tracks 'Cancao Pegueno', 'Waltz Of Glory' and 'What The Bleep' give 'Blow' a more complete feel, it's 'Max Roach' ft Miss Bloemhard that has won my heart and feet along with a track that'll give 'Love & Happiness' a run for it's money on the more jazzy dancefloors. 'Day By Day' ft the wonderful Frank Montis on vocal and Hammond duty is the killer cut on a very strong return from a great nu-jazz outfit!

Re: The Jazzinvaders - 'Blow!'

I shall say you are correct on the review there ginger one a must in any decent collection.

Never mind that the album is brilliant.What a review!GT I`d have paid good money for that!

Free cash!!! Excellent...

See you monday Ed. X