The Soulpranos Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Bamboos - 'Side-Stepper'

Here we go again with The Bamboos returning with yet another quality collection of funky cuts.'Side-Stepper' is their 3rd LP release and it doesn't disappoint!
The album kicks off with 'Nightsport' a northern-esqe stomper that leads us into more soulful outings with Kylie Auldist returning to add vocals. 'Tears Cried' & 'Now That You Are Mine' are as good as we've come to expect but it's the 3rd track with KM 'Make It Real' that fills the heart and soul! It's an instant classic that you're gonna want to hear again and again!
Both sides of the current 7" are here, the cover of The Kings Of Leon's 'King Of The Rodeo' with ft Megan Washington delivering an extremely effortlessly cool vocal and the B-side 'Can't Help Myself' featuring TY and his rolling, slightly laddish rap.
The final vocal track here is 'Move On' ft Paul McInnes who reminds me of Terence Trent-D'Arby, slightly gravelly, slightly pained! (Trust me, he sounds cool!)
All that's left to mention is the quartet of funky instrumentals that make up the rest of 'Side-Stepper'.
'Funky Buttercup', 'One Man Entourage' and the title track are not just fillers, they get back to what the guys have always done best - Funk! The album closes with a cover of The Winston's block party classic 'Amen Brother', tight, polished and very funky it's a great way to sign off till next time!

Re: The Bamboos - 'Side-Stepper'

i LIKE !!!