Return to Website

Staying Healthy - The Natural Way!

Now all of my loyal listeners have a place to share their experiences, ask questions or post comments to other individuals in this Health forum.

To send questions to Dr. Bob directly, please go to his web site and e-mail your questions to him by clicking on the 'e-mail Dr. Bob' button.
Please consult a professional or contact Dr. Bob Martin before following any health advice offered in this forum.
NO postings of ANY URLs (unless posted by Dr. Bob) or solicitations of any opportunities - they will be treated as spam! Thank You!

Click on the 'New Article' button to post a new message.

Staying Healthy - The Natural Way!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hypothyroidism

I have just learned I have low thyroid (hypothyroidism) as a result of a blood test. I am going to have a consultation with my m.d. next week, but I would like to know of any natural or herbal remedy that anyone is aware of, or has used successfully for this.

I have heard good things regarding Synthroid, but have also heard it is bad for bone density, which is a concern for me, as I am 59 years old.

I would also like to know what happens if hypothyroidism goes untreated.

Thanks.

Re: Hypothyroidism

I have been taking meds for hypothyroidism for 45 years( I started when I was 8) and synthroid was one of the worst meds I have taken. Consult with your doctor about taking Armour which is a natural. I had to take synthroid when they took Proloid off the market...it was such a disaster! I started gaining weight again and just didn't have the upbeat feeling I normally had on proloid. Most doctors will argue with you on Armour but if you can find someone who will prescribe it, get it. It's wonderful.

Re: Re: Hypothyroidism

Do a search on Mary Shomon...she has books with lots of great info that will help answer most questions you could have. Ginger