Return to Website

Staying Healthy - The Natural Way!

Now all of my loyal listeners have a place to share their experiences, ask questions or post comments to other individuals in this Health forum.

To send questions to Dr. Bob directly, please go to his web site and e-mail your questions to him by clicking on the 'e-mail Dr. Bob' button.
Please consult a professional or contact Dr. Bob Martin before following any health advice offered in this forum.
NO postings of ANY URLs (unless posted by Dr. Bob) or solicitations of any opportunities - they will be treated as spam! Thank You!

Click on the 'New Article' button to post a new message.

Staying Healthy - The Natural Way!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Cholesterol and Liver problems

I think you posted your question in the wrong place. There is a different link to send emails directly to Dr. Martin. I had heard several bad things about the cholesterol-lowering drugs, so when my doctor suggested that I use Lipitor, I told him that I wanted to try Cholox (made with plant stanols) before I resorted to the drug. The doctor was blown away by the results of my blood tests a month later. The test period was over the holidays and I made practically no attempt to control my diet during that time, though I did take the Cholox religiously before each meal. I have since found other similar products in health food stores and even Walmart (CholestOff). Please don't act on this without looking into it further in respect to your situation, but at least it is something to check out.

Re: Re: Cholesterol and Liver problems

Dear John,

Thank you for trying to lend a helping hand to Korie regarding cholesterol.

I'd like to make a suggestion regarding a better answer to cholesterol management and it includes the following:

1.) CholestOff by NatureMade Products uses as it's main ingredients plant sterols and stanols. Plant sterols have been determined to be safe and effective for cholesterol management. However, in and of themselves they are limited in their ability to substantially maintain healthy cholesterol. Additionally, CholestOff by; Nature's Made contains an ingredient called; Polyethylene Glycol (PEG). PEG is a synthetic ingredient found in automobile anti-freeze. And, I for one don't recommend the ingestion of anti-freeze components...yuk~!

2.) Cholest-Care by; NaturalCare Products at www.enaturalcare.com or 1-800-475-9811 is a superior cholesterol management choice. Cholest-Care in addition to containing plant sterols also includes, COQ-10, Silymarin, Policosanol, and Red Yeast Rice. All of the aforementioned natural ingredients have been found to support heart health and maintain healthy cholesterol. BTW, Cholest-Care DOES NOT include any automobile anti-freeze ingredients.

All my best,

Dr. Bob Martin